Author Topic: Yoga and Yogam/ manifestation & tumo  (Read 1085 times)

nandhi

• http://www.nandhi.com
Yoga and Yogam/ manifestation & tumo
« on: October 11, 2005, 07:51:51 AM »
aum

when i first read yogani's teachings, i was extremely happy to see him bring the deeper realms of yoga that is practiced by the siddhars, into words. in nearly all levels, yogani's teachings are much like the siddhars, god as the non-denominational absolute to reach and unite  and the awakened kundalini that is guided above safely to enable us evolve as humans.

yogam is an ancient tamil word (the tamil language of south india is as old as sanskrit if not older). it means, the good luck of one who has all the abundance, love, job and life. it also means the one who practices yoga, to posses the quality of having the 'yoga'.

from the deeper end, our yoga has beautiful milestones to assimilate.
when we awaken our mother kundalini, our spirit then dances as an elephant in the hut like body. our yoga enables the 'hut' like body to be able to withstand and be transformed by the intensely luminous elephant like soul.  

when properly guided, mother kundalini, is subdued as the deep knowing- perched in the third eye. this enables our single pointed thought to manifest apart from gaining siddhis, with esp being a small part of it. higher wisdom is now effectively absorbed by our intellect to translate as thoughts and action.

when sri paramahamsa yogananda went for mahasamadhi, his body would not rot- since he burnt it evey day through yoga. a siddhar yogi, never has a pot belly since his 'pot' of fire is above the navel- the muladhara fire has been lifted above. in every inhale, when we go down to the muladhara to kindle the energy and throughbthe bandha, raise the sacred fire above the pot, we are in 'tapas', the meditative fire. it is here that 'tumo' is created- ability to take the body beyond extreme heat and cold or go beyond the body's five senses- as to go beyond hunger.

yoga as the yogam is to enable our powerful minds to evolve to be in a place where we do greater dharma and thereby being the sacred divine instrument of the One!

with folded hands!aum

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 03:06:00 AM »
Hi Nandhi:

Thank you for your kind sharing from the siddhars of South India. It is not often that those with traditional Indian yoga background will embrace an "open source" on practices like AYP, though I think many would like to. But it is non-traditional, yes? Boundaries to cross. That is what we do in America -- cross boundaries. Hopefully with the best possible results. [:)]

Your encouragement since the beginning has been much appreciated, and I wish you well in your important spiritual work in Los Angeles -- http://www.nandhi.com

The guru is in you.

Yogani

nandhi

• http://www.nandhi.com
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 09:01:40 AM »
aum

thank you, divine yogani! may your heart's work blossom all who seek the intense light in yoga:)!

with folded hands!aum