Author Topic: My longing has changed  (Read 212 times)

AYPadmin

My longing has changed
« on: April 24, 2019, 11:27:35 AM »
Ananda
3103 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2016 :  01:13:31 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
My longing has changed. Life have humbled me yet again and I am thankful for the many mirrors in my life. In my current understanding, it is not about states: divine, ecstatic, lights and mystical wines, diving deep into stillness.... It is about equanimity.
Edited by - AYPforum on Oct 18 2016 01:48:19 AM
AYPforum
351 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2016 :  01:48:19 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
sunyata
USA
1386 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2016 :  08:55:17 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
"Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with Love, Grace and Gratitude" Denis Waitley

Love to you Ananda.
Go to Top of Page
Ananda
3103 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2016 :  12:55:23 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
O benefit of ill! now I find true
That better is by evil still made better;
And ruin'd love, when it is built anew,
Grows fairer than at first, more strong, far greater.

So I return rebuk'd to my content,
And gain by ills thrice more than I have spent

Part of sonnet 119
Go to Top of Page
kumar ul islam
United Kingdom
661 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2016 :  09:32:17 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
he is said to be a steadfast yogi whose heart through knowledge and realization is filled with satisfaction who having conquered his senses ,never vacillates ,and to whom a clod ,a stone and gold are the same . The gita chapter the way of meditation .

for a sage who wants to attain yoga action is said to be the means ; but when he has attained yoga ,serenity is said to be the means

the gita chapter the way of meditation
Go to Top of Page
Ananda
3103 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2016 :  1:31:29 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply

Go to Top of Page
Ananda
3103 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2016 :  3:59:52 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

A friend during tonight's meeting made me drop the limitation to my longing when i spoke about equanimity. Obviously with the limitless.. there's always more surprises :-)