Author Topic: the Comforter  (Read 867 times)

alan

the Comforter
« on: March 27, 2006, 03:45:41 AM »
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."  [:)]

Jesus Christ,  John 14:26

alan

the Comforter
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 01:44:27 AM »
i'm not trying to be a "good christian" here ;0). the word "comfort" was used recently by Katrine. i was wondering if this bible passage might ring a bell to her or anyone else?

yogani

• AYP Plus
the Comforter
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 03:03:55 AM »
Oh yes. Thanks for sharing that, Alan.

In AYP, a parallel is drawn between kundalini and the holy ghost. Though purification is not always comfortable, it inevitably leads to infinite comfort. And "s/he" definitely does teach us all things. [:)]

If you have read the Secrets of Wilder, you know I have a strong interest in seeing solid spiritual practices become available to Christians. And, of course, the great truths within Christianity have much to offer in the process of human spiritual transformation, as well. It is so in every religion.  

The guru is in you.

Katrine

• http://katrinekristiansen.com/
the Comforter
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 06:53:48 PM »
Yes Alan [:)]

I discriminate between "being comforted" and "being the comforter". Kundalini - the Holy ghost - is the only true comforter (in that it leads to truth). I (my head) - on the other hand - trying to comfort myself, will always prolong my misery.

If I can surrender - the comfort is here instantly. This involves going through pain. If I resist, the comforter comes to clear me of the resistance. The resistance to pain is what perpetuates it.  Usually - when I comfort myself - I do it to escape pain. But escaping pain always includes escaping truth. And truth is my highest desire. The only time (Now) I do not desire truth is when i am it.

Of course - in this -  in full surrender -  there is a merging....a melting. "Being comforted" and "being the comforter" are not two then. It is all - as Yogani points out - one infinite comfort.

Or maybe "One Infinite Comforting" [:)]

What I spoke of to Anthem in this topic:

http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=959

was my experience of how the comfort is not here just because I think it is. When I think it is - it is over there somewhere. I then make myself unavailable to being consciously touched by it.  

May all your Nows be Here