Author Topic: words from the fringe  (Read 752 times)

alan

words from the fringe
« on: March 15, 2006, 06:59:25 AM »

i caught a notion

that no outward motion

is necessary

but here's one
                 for fun [;)]

david_obsidian

words from the fringe
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 10:09:57 AM »
Hello Alan,

thanks for the inspired poem.

Let me give one interpretation.  By the way,  I don't see any particular interpretation of a poem of this kind as being valid,  or invalid,   even if it was intended or not intended by the poet.  Rather,  some of the best of poems come from a place of depth from which several interpretations can follow.

" I caught a notion that no outward motion is necessary " -- this is from the perspective of the transcending principle,  or 'Shiva' energy.  The sense that all the Self needs is within the Self;  the abidance in completeness  beyond Form.

"But here's one [outward motion] for fun" -- the perspective producing the outward motion is Shakti energy,  or the energy of Creation.  Creation is done for fun.

In the empty void, the single god Shakti-Shiva recites the poem,  and that creates the Universe.  When saying 'Here's one for fun',  Shakti-Shiva blows a bubble,  and that is the Universe.

Of course,  the 'one for fun' can mean the poem itself.  So on one level, it is the writing of a human poet who experiences two currents,  Shiva (transcendent) and Shakti (creational),  and produces one (poem) for fun.  So the poem (child) is the result of love-making between Shakti and Shiva within the poet.

And yet ... the poem could have an alternative title,  'On peeing against the wall',  which gives a nice,  alternative,  irreverent interpretation.  [:)]

-D
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 10:28:19 AM by david_obsidian »

alan

words from the fringe
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 11:20:45 AM »
thank you D. that says it very nicely, although i find beauty on peeing against the wall  ;0)
-a

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
words from the fringe
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 03:43:35 PM »
OK here's an example of how much smarter David is than me.

I thought it meant that meditation is the most important thing, but he's making a motion that we should have physical fun too.

Which I completely agreed with. The two most important things in my life.

Jim and His Karma

words from the fringe
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 05:25:02 PM »
Maybe the sufis are right and we should all be dancing.

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
words from the fringe
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 01:03:29 AM »
Jim said:
Maybe the sufis are right and we should all be dancing.

-ditto-[:)]