Author Topic: Description of ecstatic conductivity? Do I have?  (Read 1717 times)

Kirtanman

• http://livingunbound.net
Description of ecstatic conductivity? Do I have?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2006, 06:08:44 PM »
quote:

Another question I have is: Can you "get a ride" in your own kundalini awakening through spending time with another person who is higher in energy level? My partner claims it is due to him things have been going so fast for me. Could he influence my neurobiological evolution?

My guess would be "Yes", but I've never been in day-to-day proximity with someone running high levels of kundalini (and I'm not sure how much is "quantity" vs. "quality" -- "quality" meaning: how evolved the person's consciousness is - some pretty amazing stuff can happen at fairly moderate levels of neurobiological evolution - but even more amazing / refined stuff can happen when even greater consciousness has been attained.

The Vedas, Tantras and even Patanjali's Yoga Sutras cover this in great detail (the various Siddhis obtained with yogic evolution, and their effects).

What I have experienced - repeatedly - is: there is a definite energetic radiance emanated by people of high consciousness.

I can see an feel the energy tangibly (much more in recent months than ever before) - and feel a significant bliss / energetic rush / peace / expanded consciousness when I spend even an hour or two with a person of high consciousness (Example: Adyashanti).

This "boost" seems to have lasting effects, and I have a sense / educated guess that it does (but I don't know for sure). What I do know is that the tangible energetic effects, which last anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of days -- are far too substantial to be able to be explained by psychological dynamics, or a group high (though I'm sure some people would / will do exactly that).

I literally feel different (enhanced - and physically blissful - like someone dipped me in a warm vat of comfortable pleasure, that soaks through every cell) physically, mentally (calmer, clearer) and emotionally (more equanimity).

I would guess as well that if we have instruments which could measure the subtle energy, we would see that there is a direct cause and effect dynamic -- conscious person radiates life energy (often called shaktipat) -- and other person, conscious to a certain degree - receives and feels it - and is aware of direct benefits.

I would go even a bit further, and say that less conscious people probably get benefit as well -- they may just not be conscious enough to overtly feel the effects.

I have experienced this energy from a variety of sources - not all of them well-known, living teachers - among those, I would count Adyashanti, Swami Vishwananda, Amma and Bhagavan Das. I have felt the same energies from both picturs and devotees of Neem Karoli Baba, and Paramahansa Yogananda, and well as pictures of other saints (Shirdi Sai Baba, Ramakrishna).

Believe me, the idea of really receiving consciousness from a picture would have been passed of as downright loopy (by me) not too long ago.

So, if your partner is a person of consistently high consciousness - I would say this dynamic (of getting a "ride") is very likely.

However, if your partner's energy is often dark, or self-focused - and you're just *told* that you're getting this benefit ... I would see this as another matter entirely (and not necessarily true -- though I wouldn't claim to be in a position to judge that --- my reason for bringing it up, is: I would invite you to do so.)

How?

Just tune in, and see if it feels true - especially when you're in a place of high energetic receptivity.

A final, very important note would be:

The two of you can also *make* it true -- that's what a lot of Western Tantra exercises are about --- aligning energy with your partner, so that you're mutually open to give and receive energy (see AYP Tantra Lessons for details).

There are varying opinions on the wisdom / possible dangers / karmic consequences of doing this -- my personal experiences have all been with women I either love, or strongly like, and have spiritually affinity and trust with -- so I have always felt comfortable with this energetic openness [I just want to be "full disclosure" that not everyone would agree --- and each person should proceed with awareness concerning themselves, their partner and their relationship - as much as possible - before proceeding).

However, just as sexual energy is primary between a man and a woman (biologically, energetically - regardless of social ideas) - kundalini, experienced on multiple energetic planes - is also primary (by definition) - so (in my opinion and experience) it is a very natural "place" for a couple to go.

Hope that's helpful.

Peace & Namaste,

Kirtanman