Author Topic: Finally...  (Read 3909 times)

Jim and His Karma

Finally...
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2007, 06:37:31 AM »
Yogani, I forgot the deal with the bulk ordering...can you repost the info or a link thereto? and if you don't currently discount "grab bags" of assorted titles, would you consider changing that so people can order one or more complete sets of titles at discount rate? That would make more sense for this project than individuals buying bulk of any one title. Also, let us know if it'd work best if we'd pool all into one order, since they'd all be shipped to shanti anyway (not sure we'd have sufficient takers to wind up with a bulk box of each title, though).

I'd suggest confining this to the small "how-to" book series, as anyone serious enough to want to delve into the big AYP book will find a way to buy it. And the small books are a more than good enough way to start for people...

EDIT: woops, found the link above: http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=1248
I see that combinations of books are ok. and since volume is the thing, it'd probably indeed be cheapest if we all combined in one order to Shanti.. However, it'd be more CONVENIENT to do it separately. What do you all think? And is anyone else interested in taking part? AYP has likely been worth more to you than the cost of a few books....plus you'd not only be giving back, you'd be spreading the know-how around!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 06:42:06 AM by Jim and His Karma »

yogani

• AYP Plus
Finally...
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2007, 08:17:27 AM »
Hi Jim:

Yes, any combination of titles or quantity of books can be ordered with the quantity discount: http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=1248

The economics of the quantity discount are driven primarily by shipping cost from the printer in either Tennessee, USA, or London, UK, which can be quoted once a tentative order is generated. Anyone wanting to do that can just write me.

Thanks!

The guru is in you.  

Note: We can now also do quantity discount orders from New Delhi with the India editions. Overseas shipping for that is not recommended.

tantien

Finally...
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2007, 10:05:41 AM »
Hi All:

This conversation is timely indeed. I was just getting ready to e-mail Yogani for more books. I give lots away for free but also have placed books in 3 retail locations and they all need more copies of Deep Meditation. So with that, Yogani please send me 40 copies of Deep Meditation. Just e-mail me with the $ amount owed with S/H and I'll get a check out to you ASAP.

Also on another related topic. Last year I started a web site called www.insilencebooks.com  and attempted to sell books from there but really found out my computer skills are lacking to run a successful e-commerce business. If anybody would like to get involved with the site I AM certainly open to suggestions.

Thanks for bringing this up Jim.

Guy

tantien

Finally...
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 02:07:50 PM »
Shipping for 40 books from Tennessee to New York is less than $10.00 and there's no handling charges, THAT'S AWESOME! Yogani, please process the order.

All the best,

Guy

sadhak

Finally...
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2007, 11:26:39 PM »
Thanks Jim, for bringing this up. Gives me a few ideas for what can be done in India.[:)]

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
Finally...
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2007, 12:32:58 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

So the way to do it is either each of us buying bulk, sending to Shanti and letting her serve as  our fulfillment warehouse, or individually ordering for people directly via Amazon. Since the former's certainly cheaper, and Shanti volunteered (thanks, Shanti), then I guess that's better. If Shanti feels overwhelmed at any time by this, we can always try a different method.

I'll start by pitching in to send some $$ to Shanti to cover postage and envelopes (Shanti, can you email me your address?). No reason she should go to the trouble and also bear that expense.

Sounds good to me. You or anyone else interested in donating books, can bulk order with Yogani and ask him to mail them to me.
As for $$ to cover shipping, lets see how this picks up and we can decide from there.
Thanks Jim.

How do we ask people to put in a request for the books? Email or here?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 01:09:27 AM by Shanti »

Jim and His Karma

Finally...
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2007, 03:48:55 AM »
Shanti, the problem with forums is that nobody sees everything over time. It's hard to get people's attention in an enduring way. I'd suggest rather than trying to erect a billboard reading "here's books! come and get 'em!" that we just do what we've been doing, quietly and selectively, but do it less quietly and selectively! If it sounds, in the course of a discussion, like a poster could benefit from a book, we offer...publicly. Mention that there's a book-buying/giving consortium that would happily send a given title, and insert, at bottom, a brief invitation to others. If this happens frequently, over time, that would get the word out most effectively.

There's a thin line to walk: we don't want to make it seem like we'll just throw scads of books at anyone that asks. I mean, if someone's driving around in a Lexus and rubs his hands together at the prospect of "free stuff", that wouldn't suit me very well (even if Yogani profits the same) :). But we also don't want to make it seem like a charity thing, and embarrass people ("hey, you sound POOR...want some books?"). So maybe something like this:

----

"It sounds like you'd really benefit from Yogani's Spinal Breathing book. Here's an amazon link to it. If you're unsure it's worth investing in right now, some of the participants in this forum have pitched in to create a stockpile of AYP books, and we'd be happy to shoot you a copy. Feel free to email me for more info (click my nametag, then use the email link). The offer extends to others, as well!  Also, anyone who wants to help support AYP by joining our stockpiling efforts, likewise, please email me."

----

If anyone has a better suggestion, speak up....I'm just getting the ball rolling....there are lots of ways to do this.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 03:52:59 AM by Jim and His Karma »

yogani

• AYP Plus
Finally...
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2007, 04:44:46 AM »
Hi Jim and All:

Sounds great!

Keep in mind that new members have to post in the forum several times before forum email is accessible (a spam defense), so publishing an email address (or emailing the person, which can then be responded to) may be appropriate.

The guru is in you.

Jim and His Karma

Finally...
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2007, 05:26:30 AM »
yeah, could use same language I used above, but swap in "email me at...." instead of  "Feel free to email me for more info (click my nametag, then use the email link).

then we could create a gmail account to catch that mail (and, sigh, the inevitable spam).

Shanti

Finally...
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2007, 07:41:46 AM »
Sounds good Jim.

We could set up an AYPBOOK email account with gmail. People interested in helping with admin stuff for this project, can be given access to this email account.

If anyone else has any other ideas please do pitch in.

For now, lets go with this plan.

Thanks Jim.

Jim and His Karma

Finally...
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2007, 07:52:58 AM »
Everyone who promised to buy books in this thread should consider themselves ACCOUNTABLE! :) :) :)

So please go do it now. As Guy says, it's stunningly affordable. And it helps Yogani. And it helps AYP. And it helps whoever reads it. Three birds stoned for just a few bucks!

I'm assuming Yogani has Shweta's address. I'll just send money and instruct the books be sent there.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 07:55:00 AM by Jim and His Karma »

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
Finally...
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2007, 08:45:59 AM »
I'd be happy to do something like this for Ireland but there doesn't appear to be many on the forum from here.

Another suggestion could be to offer the books to these people at the discounted rate instead of free.
This might suit some people better and might ease the burden, on Jim's mind, of the guy in the Lexus driving around reading a freebie.[:D]

Freebies could then also be an option.

Shanti

Finally...
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2007, 09:31:14 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle

Another suggestion could be to offer the books to these people at the discounted rate instead of free.
This might suit some people better and might ease the burden, on Jim's mind, of the guy in the Lexus driving around reading a freebie.[:D]

Freebies could then also be an option.

Yep.. or make some donation to Yogani directly using paypal.. or maybe later down the road buy a few books and donate to this book giveaway program.. or.. just spread the word around.. or when done reading, pass it to someone who you think can use it.. or.. ???

...the options are endless.

Thank you all.

Anthem

• http://www.inspirationalworks.net
Finally...
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2007, 07:34:42 AM »
Hi guys,

Chiming in late here, if you let me know who is interested I will likely just ship directly to them via Amazon. Just let me know when my turn comes up and who the recipient is if they haven't made themselves public with their request.

thanks,

A

jupiter

Finally...
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2008, 03:08:09 PM »
Getting AYP books into libraries

Great to read about the book distribution efforts... As I think about this, it seems to me that getting AYP books into libraries would be beneficial and impactful.

Many libraries look for patrons to suggest what books they should purchase and stock. For instance, here is one library where you submit a purchase request online (http://snipurl.com/22ye0 ).

Put in a word at your local city/county/university library to purchase AYP books.

Additionally, for libraries that are interested in stocking AYP books but short of funds, we can pitch in using the stockpile of books that generous folks on this forum have already collected. I am happy to jump in and contribute towards this effort as well.