Author Topic: AYP Artwork  (Read 3893 times)

yogani

• AYP Plus
AYP Artwork
« on: May 30, 2007, 07:21:54 AM »
Hi All:

Thought you might find this interesting -- promotional artwork used for ads in Canada:

http://www.aypsite.com/plus/images/AYP-Canada-image.pdf
(click left to view, or click right to download)

Pretty modern, and much more attention-grabbing than the utilitarian AYP books flyer. [:)]
http://www.aypsite.com/plus/11-AYP-Flyer-5-2-06.pdf

Feel free to use either of these. There is some more promotional artwork (business cards and animated banner) at the bottom of the AYP books page.

Thoughts? Does anyone else have AYP artwork? If so, please point us to it. I believe there is more of it out there.

Anyone wanting to put together new AYP artwork let me know. We can make it available here also.

The guru is in you.

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
AYP Artwork
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 01:12:12 AM »
Do you have any pictures of yourself with a cape in a flying position? ha ha just kidding.

The artwork is cool. Where does it come from? A member in Canada made it, or ???
Where is it used; in a magazine in Canada eh?

yogani

• AYP Plus
AYP Artwork
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 06:56:25 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Do you have any pictures of yourself with a cape in a flying position? ha ha just kidding.

The artwork is cool. Where does it come from? A member in Canada made it, or ???
Where is it used; in a magazine in Canada eh?

Hi Ether:

No cape here [:)], but I did add the "Flying Yogini" AYP Poster to the free download promotional materials on the bottom of the books page.

The artwork was done by someone in BC, Canada who is running print ads for AYP there, which is much appreciated. It looks like the same artwork may be used throughout India to help promote the new AYP India Editions there.

It never ceases to amaze how yoga begins in India, comes over here, and then goes back to India, flying yogini and all. Full circle...

Hey, whatever works to open the inner doorways worldwide to the divine flow. [8D]

The guru is in you.

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
AYP Artwork
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 08:30:00 AM »
There's no way to tell what effect it is having is there?
It would be nice if there was maybe a question on the registration form.

NagoyaSea

AYP Artwork
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 03:30:56 AM »
I love the Canadian artwork. I'll be printing these flyers and leaving them at several places, especially at local universities.

Manipura

• http://www.meghitchcock.com
AYP Artwork
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 03:47:32 AM »
I like it too.  I also like the new layout for the site - looks great, Yogani.

yogani

• AYP Plus
AYP Artwork
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 04:28:15 AM »
Thank you, All.

Yes, please feel free to print and send our yogini flying everywhere. [:)]

Glad you like the new forum layout, Meg. The addition of the book cover border in the forums has been a long time coming. I did not want to do it until we could be sending folks to a much more interesting and informative books page, which we now have, and we will continue to build on it. Plus, I wanted to be sure we would not be crowding the forums space-wise on the page with a border. With most computers shifting to widescreen, the space situation is much better, so I feel okay adding the border now. And it is not too bad on my old 600x800 screen either. A couple of the smudged images will be cleaned up soon, and then I think we will have it in shape.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Jim and His Karma

AYP Artwork
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 05:50:01 AM »
Who's the babe?

yogani

• AYP Plus
AYP Artwork
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 01:24:19 AM »
Hi All:

Would anyone be interested in handing out the AYP
"flying yogini"
at this yoga conference coming up in July:

Yogacharya Festival (honoring BKS Iyengar)
Santa Clara, California (near San Francisco)
July 9-15, 2007

Attendance is expected to be over 1,500. It is a great opportunity to introduce many hatha yoga practitioners to AYP.

Thanks!

The guru is in you.

yogani

• AYP Plus
AYP Artwork
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 07:51:54 AM »
PS: Just got the word that the AYP books will be displayed in the bookstore booth at the Yogacharya Festival.

The festival bookstore is being hosted by East West Bookstore of Mountainview, CA. Thank you, East West!

The guru is in you.

yogani

• AYP Plus
AYP Artwork
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 06:57:41 AM »
Hi All:

Just a note to let you know that the AYP Books Flyer has been updated to have more information, and is now on one PDF page instead of four pages, so it is much easier to view, print and download: http://www.aypsite.com/11-AYP-Flyer-5-2-06.pdf
How is that for efficiency? [:)]

A link for it can also be found near the bottom of the AYP Books Page, along with links for other promotional materials.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

PS: I am going to remove the ivory background shortly, so it can be printed more easily on white or colored paper.

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
AYP Artwork
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 02:47:31 AM »
Hi Yogani,

Nice new Canadian poster. She looks like she is levitating, or is that just some clever Photoshop thing? [:)]

Christi

yogani

• AYP Plus
AYP Artwork
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 04:04:55 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Yogani,

Nice new Canadian poster. She looks like she is levitating, or is that just some clever Photoshop thing? [:)]

Christi

Hi Christi:

I did not do the flying AYP yogini image. It came from someone who ran some ads with it in B.C., Canada. It is actually a couple of years old. It is a nice image, so it was added with the others at the bottom of the books page. If anyone out there has other AYP artwork that has been developed, let me know.  

Btw, the new one page AYP books flyer now has a white background, so it can be easily printed on light colored paper. I usually use ivory (like the webpage background here), but everyone is encouraged to be creative and pass them out everywhere. [:)]

All the best!

The guru is in you.

tantien

AYP Artwork
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 10:26:51 AM »
I think she's great, the Flying Yogini. AYP all the way. Definitely, a self directed practicioner.
Guy

markern

AYP Artwork
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 05:31:33 AM »
quote:

No cape here [:)], but I did add the "Flying Yogini" AYP Poster to the free download promotional materials on the bottom of the books page.

It never ceases to amaze how yoga begins in India, comes over here, and then goes back to India, flying yogini and all. Full circle...

Hey, whatever works to open the inner doorways worldwide to the divine flow. [8D]

In Norway we have a meditation organisation called Acem. It is basicly a totaly secularised version of TM that was created because they didn`t like all the religious overtones and having Maharishi as a guru. This organisation has also started to teach in India and a friend of mine learnt their meditation from an indian in India:)