Author Topic: Make Sharp Distinction Between Awareness and Mind  (Read 1029 times)

Kirtanman

• http://livingunbound.net
Make Sharp Distinction Between Awareness and Mind
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2010, 01:00:04 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson2

I would be accused of promoting something, which already Kirtanman accused me of.  

Hi Alwayson,

I don't see it like that -- that's why I asked about your experiences.

It's not an egotism thing, in my experience and opinion, anyway. If someone has experience with something, at least to me, it seems a lot more real and credible, than if that person is just operating from a set of ideas.

I've been a bit more direct with you in the last couple of days, and there's a reason for that:

Every so often, you circle back here, and promote (not in a negative sense - in a sense that you're saying "here's a powerful system") Robert Bruce, Dzogchen, and every so often, something else (i.e. Abramelin Operation) ... while outright saying that these things are superior than other systems, or that they hold "the key" to (I presume) awakening or whatever - while making incorrect negative statements about other teachers and paths.

Other than the basic information from the other systems -- I don't have much interest in the rest of your approach (which is summed up nicely by the "abrasive" level you applied to yourself).

And so, I'm trying to figure out if you're sincere about dialog, and your own awakening --- or, if you are here just to tell us you've found the best stuff, and to argue that you're right and we're wrong.

If it's the former, cool; I can handle "abrasive" just fine, as you may have noticed by now.

If it's the latter -- I'm simply not interested, and I doubt seriously many others here are, either.

I didn't mean "promoting" as an insult - solely as a description (what would you call the way you present information?)

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

[:)]

Kirtanman

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2010, 01:05:30 PM »

Hi Alwayson,

quote:

I know this is an AYP forum, thats why the vast majority of my posts are in the "Other Systems" forum if you have noticed.  

I've noticed - and that's fine. I was referring more from the standpoint that you don't seem to be all that interested in AYP, overall.

Other Systems stuff is fine; I've posted a lot of it myself over the years, as I've mentioned.

quote:

I think you are mainly referencing the kundalini thread.  I think AYP is a fine system.  But I don't believe that kundalini is simply energy movement.  Thats just my opinion.  I believe kundalini is something more major.

I agree - kundalini is far more major than energy movement alone.

quote:

Personal question, don't you get tired of everyone and their pet dog claim they have raised kundalini?

Nope - mostly because I simply haven't noticed. I've used the word "kundalini" more in the last couple of days, in these posts than I've used it in probably the last year.

And I don't really get tired of other people's views, mostly because they are what they are ... there's really not anything I can do about them, unless someone wants to have a sincere conversation, which I'm always happy to do.

And I do agree there's a vast amount of misunderstanding about kundalini out there.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 01:06:23 PM by Kirtanman »

Kirtanman

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2010, 01:12:37 PM »
quote:

Make a sharp distinction between awareness and mind (thoughts).

By the way, awareness is just ordinary awareness coming out of your eyeballs and is looking at the computer screen right now.  

Now you are a nonduality master just like Adyashanti or whomever.

Forget about self-inquiry as it is not even close to the highest teaching (I explained this before).

Hi Alwayson,

This post is a good example of what I'm talking about.

Your first sentence, I agree with.

Your second sentence, not exactly, due to your phrasing - but I get what you're trying to say (there's no "special awareness" --- awareness is just awareness), and I agree with that.

Your third sentence is inaccurate for one, and dismissive of a guy I consider to be a good teacher, overall -- what's the point of that sentence, other than to be, as you said in another post, "abrasive"?

Your last sentence is dismissive of AYP, and misleading (while self-inquiry may not be the highest teaching, it's very important for most practitioners at a certain stage; not everyone is capable of going straight to the highest teachings - something that almost all spiritual traditions agree upon).

And so - if you'd stuck to your first two sentences above, you'd likely have a lot more people interested in what you're saying.

And - if you have a reason for those last two sentences -- I'd be interested to know what it is.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman