Author Topic: The Divine Nature of Space  (Read 804 times)

Kirtanman

• http://livingunbound.net
The Divine Nature of Space
« on: June 13, 2007, 02:18:21 PM »
Einstein mathematically validated the nature of the space-time continuum; space and time are ultimately One.

As many reading this post know, the Vedas managed to agree with Einstein several thousand years before the fact.

Science and Spirituality both point to Reality; both are evolving, and improving in their abilities to describe truth (in the same way that a map describes a territory, but is not the territory itself).

So, you sitting down?

[8D]

Thanks to my cool new friend, Swami Omkarananda, I had a bit of a realization just ... NOW (in kind of the same way that one tossed into a pool realizes, "Hey, this isn't just water ... it's WET!").

Check it out:

Terminology varies, yes?

Some may say "space", others may say "space-time".

As for myself, I'll say "Brahman", "Paramashivashakti", or simply:

GOD.

[:D]

As in: verily, verily ... Tat Twam Asi ... you are indeed That ... or, rather ... Ayam Twam Asi ... you are This.

For anyone seeking realization, or seeking God ... here's a not too subtle hint:

You are literally bathing in God; there is nothing else.

Some people wake up into instant, glorious Realization.

Most of the rest of us kinda slip, stumble, pinwheel, bounce off a branch or two, and at some point are graced with the ultimate blessing of pitching over the final ledge and belly-flopping into freefall.*

*aka Moksha, Liberation.

I may be a boulder or two away from freefall, or a couple of cans short of sixpack. Or something. [:o)]

... but I will tell you this:

What I experienced this evening was not a mental realization, but a pervasively experiential one; the information (available via the link below) was simply the catalyst.

I've heard that "it's all God" for years; prior to tonight, this information was largely conceptual for me.

I do experience Samadhi daily, and it feels like "Self>Out"; One, Radiating -- and please note: most of us who experience Samadhi divide our yogic lives into "BS" {Before Samadhi} [:o)] & "S" {I Guess [:o)]) -- it's not a small deal; it's literally the experience that One Self is not just a concept; it's actual. However, most of us experience Samadhi in deep meditation, and while we carry its benefits into daily life, we're still all too aware of a sense of separation between what we perceive to be ourselves and "other" people or things.

Tonight's experience was more the actual experience that everyday, physical reality is actually Divine Consciousness, vibrating. Just as the screen you're looking at is ultimately a string of 1s and 0s, everyday life is Divine Motion within Divine Stillness ... REALLY.

The only difference between someone who has perceived this and someone who has not, is the current ability to perceive it.

If you have not yet perceived this, how to you gain the ability?

Hint: There's a reason they decided to call it Yoga (Union, Oneness).

My dear brothers and sisters; I know what it's like to practice every day, or nearly so ... and feel like you're banging your head against a wall, and to be sure that you're the one egoic body-mind that's never going to have your third eye open, or feel the ecstasy, or crack up laughing for several minutes at a time, because you realize that the saints and sages of all religions weren't being poetic or waxing metaphorical ... they were really describing the way it actually is.

I know what it's like because I did it for years.

So how did I finally begin to break through?

I did it for some more years.

Though please note that recent evidence suggests that AYP may well allow all of us to shave off at least a few of those years (as in: it *really* seems as though the benefits I've recently realized in my practice are as tied to when I started AYP {just about two years, or slightly under}, as much as they're tied to total time in yogic practice (just about eight years).

It becomes a LOT less of a time thing when one has the right tools, and I have never seen a better toolset than AYP ("just FYI". [:)]).

And, it might be helpful (and gratitude-instilling, and practice-enhancing ... it was for me, so I'll pass it along ... [:)]) to remember that of six billion or so people on this planet, currently ... only a very, very small fraction ... including you ... have any idea that this kind of realization may be possible.

Everyone who has ever practiced yoga has spent many many many practice sessions without noticeable results ... but when it starts to open, it opens BIG.

How likely is it that you might get these results?

About as likely as your muscle tone improving if you started working out at a gym.

Really.

Yoga is a science.

God is Real.

That is all.

[8D]

And so, "in conclusion" ... "C'mon in, the Divine is Fine!"

Peace, Love, Reality,

Kirtanman

Swami Omkarananda on the Nature of Space

PS - But can you really make it? Can this, and beyond, be your realization and experience? Ultimately, only you can know ... but I'll leave you with a quote, heard on the track "Ishkala" {Lord of Time} on the bhakti-fueled album Laxmi's Dream by Caitlin ... which brings tears to my eyes, and a smile to my face {yes, at the same time [:)]) ... almost every time I hear it ... "The ocean refuses no river". Poetic, yes. Also one of the most accurate descriptions of Reality that I have been graced to experience. Jai Ma! [:D]
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 02:45:14 PM by Kirtanman »

Katrine

• http://katrinekristiansen.com/
The Divine Nature of Space
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 08:35:05 PM »
You are a pearl, Kirtanman

Thank you so much for the link[:)]

quote:
Yoga is a science.

God is Real.

That is all.

Amen to this [:X]