Author Topic: flu shot  (Read 1338 times)

tantien

flu shot
« on: January 24, 2006, 01:44:32 AM »
Just out of curiosity who in this forum takes the flu shot? And what are your thoughts on it? Guy

david_obsidian

flu shot
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 02:33:23 AM »

I personally see major advantages to it and see no disadvantages at all.

Being holed up for several days while my body does battle with a virus it could have wiped out very quickly if it had preparation,  is not high in my list of priorities for spending my time!  [:)]

tantien

flu shot
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 03:10:07 AM »
Hi David, Thanks for the input. By the way isn't obsidian a vapor. Just thought i'd ask. Guy

david_obsidian

flu shot
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 04:06:16 AM »
Hi Guy,

Obsidian is a very hard naturally occuring black volcanic stone.  Chips of it have a surgically sharp edge.  It was used as a cutting tool by some ancient societies,  and also as a decorative stone for beads and the like.  [:)]

-David
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 04:07:36 AM by david_obsidian »

Frank-in-SanDiego

flu shot
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 12:44:33 PM »
Hari Om
~~~~~~~

Hello ,
this is good health question.... this year I DID NOT get a flu shot. Last year I chose a new theraphy by inhaling the flu medicine via power and though the nasal membranes...an offering by Novartis Labs.

I am sure it was just me,  but I have not been that SICK (ever) ((([V]))) .
I will chose to take the flu head on vs. the experience I had. Again, I choose not to focus on the negitave, but if you said, Frank we will shoot you between the eyes <or> you can try this flu shot/or powder again, I gotta tell ya, I  would be hard pressed to do the flu shot OR powder again ( ever - did I say ever!)...but i digress.

Frank In San Diego

tantien

flu shot
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 11:27:15 PM »
Hi Frank:

I guess this means no, you would't take the shot.I just had mine and was surprised the needle was in for less than 2 seconds.Glad I did.

We are one

Guy

david_obsidian

flu shot
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 01:43:50 AM »

>> Last year I chose a new theraphy by inhaling the flu medicine via power and though the nasal membranes...an offering by Novartis Labs.

This doesn't sound like 'the flu shot' though,  right?

Jim and His Karma

flu shot
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 08:39:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by david_obsidian

>> Last year I chose a new theraphy by inhaling the flu medicine via power and though the nasal membranes...an offering by Novartis Labs.

This doesn't sound like 'the flu shot' though,  right?

yeah, frank, more details, please!

david_obsidian

flu shot
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2006, 09:33:18 AM »

Frank said:
>> Last year I chose a new theraphy by inhaling the flu medicine via powder and though the nasal membranes...

Yeah Frank, this wasn't at a party by any chance,  was it?  Are you sure all your memories of the event are clear?  [:D]

NagoyaSea

flu shot
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2006, 04:30:25 PM »
The inhaled flu vaccine has been available for years, though may be more difficult to find than the injected form. The injected flu vaccine is made from killed virus, and should not cause any reaction other than a sore arm....  The inhaled flu vaccine is made from weakened virus and is only suggested for people up to 49.  

If anyone has ever had the true influenza, you can be assured that taking the shot is a good thing, if you need it, and if others don't need it more than you do.

In light, life and in love,

Kathy

Frank-in-SanDiego

flu shot
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 11:53:24 PM »
Hari Om
~~~~~~~

Hello Jim/David/all

Yep , now that you mention it the flu medicine was given at Studio 54 [8D] and I don't remember how I got home!!! ((([:p]))).

That said, its a new theraphy for sissy's like me that avoid any needles at all costs (I don't even sew buttons on my shiirts - just buy new ones!)
I will do some reseach on this, as I tried to find the product on the Novartis site and didn't see it  - perhaps a diferent Lab made it, I will look it it.

The beneifit ( if you can really find it) is that the medication ++ effects are suppose to be good for 2 flu seasons.
That said, I was sick for ~ 60days min, really sick in the beginning for 15 days. I could not talk, hear, all the other junk that goes with it.
So, you may say ' how do ya know it was the medication?'... I looked at cause and effect.  OK one day, then 24 hrs latter sick.

I cannot say recommend "yes or no" on flu shots for any one else, but for me it was not enjoyable and will take my chances with the flu.  If one says ' you risk dying' - my answer, 'no worries, I did it a thousand times before, its not all its cracked up to be.'

Peace,

Frank In San Diego

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
flu shot
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 02:36:24 PM »
I don't get flu shots for two reasons: 1) As mentioned above sometimes flu shots give you the flu, but most of all:   2) I can get rid of any disease by fasting (water only) for a couple days. If it's really bad it may take three days, but that's very rare, usually because I started eating and caused a relapse. It doesn't hurt any to fast longer; it's just hard to do.

Jim and His Karma

flu shot
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2006, 07:50:11 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

I don't get flu shots for two reasons: 1) As mentioned above sometimes flu shots give you the flu, but most of all:   2) I can get rid of any disease by fasting (water only) for a couple days. If it's really bad it may take three days, but that's very rare, usually because I started eating and caused a relapse. It doesn't hurt any to fast longer; it's just hard to do.

Etherfish, can you be more specific? What diseases have you cured, etc?

david_obsidian

flu shot
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 08:40:22 AM »

Etherfish said:
1) As mentioned above sometimes flu shots give you the flu, but most of all

Keep in mind that the kinds of flu vaccine made from killed virus cannot give you the flu.

Frank-in-SanDiego

flu shot
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2006, 01:03:06 PM »

Hari Om

~~~~~~
quote:
Originally posted by david_obsidian

Keep in mind that the kinds of flu vaccine made from killed virus cannot give you the flu.

Good point - here's the data I suggested the other day:
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/nasalspray.htm

Flu Vaccine (Live Attenuated Influenza Vaccine [LAIV])
I still am not sure what brand I used, but this is the medication.

Peace and Health,

Frank In San Diego