Author Topic: Amaroli and excessive tiredness?  (Read 1166 times)

LittleTurtle

Amaroli and excessive tiredness?
« on: November 14, 2007, 11:04:10 AM »
I began Amaroli exactly one week ago. The dose is only about one teaspoon. My hopes in starting this practice are to enhance my sadhana and hopefully ward off the encroaching arthritis I'm currently experiencing.
However the last four days or so I'm having excessive tiredness. I could sleep till 2pm and then stay in bed all day if my lifestile would allow. I do not have any other symptoms (no fever, no nausea, no diarrhea, etc) and I've not recently increased or changed any other practice.
I have a fair amount of stress and residual tiredness anyway due to my job and some family concerns, but the last few days have been like I'm in slow motion. Is this a symptom from the new Amaroli practice? Is it common? If this is due to Amaroli, how to self-pace when I'm already using such a small dose?
Thanks for any help.

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 11:18:43 AM »
Hi LT,
Not sure if Amaroli is causing it.. but does sound like purification. One thing to do, if you have doubts would be to stop Amaroli and see. Also, if the tiredness does go away, give a break and add it in again after a break to see if this happens again.

Have you added on any other new practice or increased time on meditation/spinal breathing?

At times you have to realize, you do go through excessive purification even if you have not changed your routine in anyway.. and you  self pace till the symptoms go away.

Wish you a quick recovery from this one.[:)]
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 11:19:49 AM by Shanti »

LittleTurtle

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 11:36:05 AM »
Thanks Shanti,
No, I've not added or changed anything else in my practice.

sadhak

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 02:46:18 PM »
Hi Little Turtle,
I too, have recently begun amaroli, with your dosage. I had to break off two days because of what and when I ate. After the initial "highs" I experienced, I feel a lot of suppressed anger coming out since the past two days. Wham!!! In your case, it may be tiredness.

I cut back to a few drops. I'll wait for all this muck to go, and then get back to my original dosage. I feel the need to stick this out. There's always stuff coming out. I'll try watching it this time till the dust settles. All my other symptoms with amaroli lasted a couple of days each and then disappeared.

See whether cutting back to a few drops helps... and then if it doesn't, you could stop and restart another time. All ze best!

LittleTurtle

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 01:15:41 AM »
Yes, thanks. Per the welcome suggestions I began to cut back this starting morning. Till now my dose has been one teaspoon in about six ounces water. But this a.m. instead of drinking the entire six ounces I only took three swallows and so that was only about one third of the usual dose. We'll see how it goes today.[;)] Yesterday I felt like a big slug. Today I'm off to work and my energy level whatever it turns out to be will be very obvious.

LittleTurtle

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 08:12:00 AM »
Well after a two week tryout, I quit amaroli altogether on Dec 1st. I had been experiencing the excessive tiredness but also rage started to come out, at work no less, and since I'm the person in charge, not a good thing. All the little annoyances became gargantuan. I wanted to fire all the incompetants (not my job) and strangle the rest. Anyway, I decided that although it's obvious there's some nasty gunk inside, it can't come out in that manner. I became useless to myself and everyone else including those I wish to serve. So I stopped amaroli the next day. That day and since then, about four days now, I've felt so much better.

tadeas

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 09:04:31 AM »
Interesting. I've been drinking 200ml every morning for the past four months and have been experiencing the tiredness... no anger, though :)
It could be melatonin somehow influencing the normal biorhythms.
I sleep as much as I want so there's no sleep deprivation whatsoever, but after starting amaroli I can sleep much longer than I did previously. But another effect is that I don't feel sleepy when I wake up early, so perhaps it's up to me to regulate how much the body sleeps.
Nevertheless, my allergic reactions have subsided, so I'll keeping testing this.
Another aspect of amaroli for me is that it provides a good feedback on what I ate, so now I'm less likely to eat junk food and this sort of stuff, because who'd want to drink that the next morning :)
I've also tried massaging my scalp with 4 days old heated urine and that had a great cleansing effect on the head, but it may seem hardcore :)

Scott

• http://www.theonebreath.com
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 10:36:16 AM »
I agree with Shanti, this does sound like purification rather than the effects of amaroli itself.  At least in my experience, tiredness and aggression (and also many other negative things, like grief or fear) come up when we're taking on too much at once.

Maybe after a while you will try amaroli again, LittleTurtle?

sadhak

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 03:36:49 PM »
Little Turtle:  
quote:
I wanted to fire all the incompetants (not my job) and strangle the rest.

Hi Little Turtle,
That really tickled by slapstick bones, and they're all rattling away. [:D][:D] Sorry. [:D] I saw this headline in AYP Times flashing in my head: "Gentle yogi attacks colleagues after a week of Amaroli."

Bad humour apart, I'm sure you'll be able to resume after a while... maybe you'd other things going at the same time. I've been where you were, not because of amaroli, but other add ons done too early or too fast. Best then, and do keep us posted. [:)]
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 01:51:46 AM by sadhak »

LittleTurtle

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 12:57:07 AM »
[:D]Yeah, it's so weird when one gets into that sort of frame of mind. Like an altered state!
Yes, I will give amaroli a go again some time. Actually due to all this gunk coming out and the stress I've been having I've self-paced considerably lately and already feel so much better.
My job has been a major source of stress and I've decided to self pace there also. [:)] After January I will be working half time, and so I hope to focus more on yoga and family and our farm.
When I do start amaroli again I will post again regarding results. Thanks everyone for your responses.