Author Topic: Heal ! Body, mind  (Read 1140 times)

sadhak

Heal ! Body, mind
« on: July 09, 2006, 01:50:11 PM »
Hi,

A couple of years back, I was taught pranic healing (to loosely translate for those not familiar with 'prana', it is cleaning the energy body, to remove 'blocks' and 'elementals' that translate to physical ailments, and emotional problems). It was the guru-student structure. We were strictly supposed to only practise it within the group, or when we were told to. There was a lot about how pranic healing can deplete and even kill the healer if overdone. Pranic healing was to be used only for practitioners, and that too, sparingly, not for all and sundry people and situations. That was the first and last source I learnt from. Is there anybody out there who can tell me whether this is so in all circumstances or is this subject to conditions? Is pranic healing useful for the group here? Or should we stay off?

I was not good at scanning auras, but the healing seemed to work pat, whether I felt or sensed things in the subject or not.  

The reason I am writing this thread is, now that we have a group med. going, and people here get some 'radiation' effects now and then, pranic healing practised by the group for someone could remove blocks and gently push on someone 'stuck' somewhere.

I may not know enough to pass on, but there might be someone here who can chip in, or get this going if everyone is enthu about this, and it feels right (since it is dealing with 'prana').
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 10:32:24 AM by n/a »

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
Heal ! Body, mind
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 05:46:33 AM »
Hi Sadhak,
You are right, since you don't know enough about pranic healing, it may be better if you don't try to "removing blocks and gently push on someone 'stuck' somewhere".. If you are not careful, pranic healing can really drain the healer.. if not done carefully, the symptoms can transfer to the healer or anyone else in the room.. Also, you have to be very careful which colors you choose for healing. There are many other gentler healing techniques that could be used. But then that is my opinion.. I don't ever try pranic healing on anyone.. I think it is just too powerful. Also, not sure of long distance pranic.. never tried that before.. is it possible?

With AYP practice, many of these blocks dissolve away. Just every day, twice a day spinal breathing and meditation will get rid of many of the blocks.. there are other targeted practices for stubborn blocks.. but not for people new to AYP... can result in too much purification..  

http://www.aypsite.com/171.html
http://www.aypsite.com/198.html
http://www.aypsite.com/104.html

sadhak

Heal ! Body, mind
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 08:18:15 PM »
So, Shanti, You have learnt pranic healing, have you?

Shanti

Heal ! Body, mind
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 10:54:56 PM »
Yes..

yogani

• AYP Plus
Heal ! Body, mind
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 11:22:33 PM »
Moved to the healthcare forum for better placement.

Be well... [:)]

The guru is in you.

sadhak

Heal ! Body, mind
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 12:12:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Also, not sure of long distance pranic.. never tried that before.. is it possible?

Hi Shanti,
Yes long distance pranic is very much possible. That was the kind I did all the time.

I wonder why we were taught pranic healing with all the yogic practices out there (which we were doing). It makes me wonder again and again why cleaning is more effective here; is it the pacing, mainly? Is it the mantra? Both?[?]

Shanti

Heal ! Body, mind
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 11:14:51 PM »
quote:
Sadhak said:It makes me wonder again and again why cleaning is more effective here; is it the pacing, mainly? Is it the mantra? Both?

I am not sure Sadhak. I just find it easier and gentler for the purification to happen with the practice and self pacing, rather than with external help. Actually I have never tried doing pranic to clear out blocks. I don't plan on trying it in the near future either.. I am very happy with my practice. Altho.. I have introduced my mom to spinal breathing, and right after spinal breathing she feels heavy in her head.. she does pranic to relieve it. She is new to spinal breathing, and this energy stuff is all new to her.. I have not stopped her, just given her the regular talk on self pacing. She has read the Spinal breathing book too so I am sure she knows what I am talking about. However, if pranic is helping her get rid of minor discomforts caused by energy movements.. I will not stop her.. If you know what I mean..[:)]

yogani

• AYP Plus
Heal ! Body, mind
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 01:18:13 AM »
Hi Sadhak:

It is an interesting question: Why pranic healing methods mixed in with spiritual practices?

There is a dilemma in it which I have faced many times over in the past few years. Seeking healing and seeking enlightenment/God are not necessarily the same thing, though they certainly can be.  

About half the emails that have been coming here over the past few years have been requests for healing of one sort or other. I always stick with the yoga, and if that doesn't help (it often does), I suggest they see a doctor or healer.

The way I see it, if healing is part of our spiritual path, it is fair game in AYP. If it is for its own sake, then it probably belongs in another discussion somewhere else, because our primary interest here is in applying the most effective methods for cultivating spiritual progress.

Of course, the dilemma is that we'd like for everyone to be beyond suffering. But can we accomplish that by healings alone? I think not. Transcendence of illness (and everything else) via the rise of inner silence is the only way to permanently overcome suffering.

So, here in AYP we favor transcendence over the endless energy manipulations of the healing arts. Within that framework, the dilemma is resolved. And that is how I have managed it amidst the barrage of healing requests over the past few years.

The legendary healings of Jesus are an interesting case in point. He attracted many followers in this way, but was it for the right reasons? Were the people looking for more than physical health? Did Jesus actually put people on their spiritual path that way? Of course, in the healings, he made the essential scriptural clarification: "Your faith has made you whole." (i.e. - the healer/guru is in you) It is what we want to be saying here too.

So, has energy work coming from an external source got anything to do with real healing? Ultimately, I think not -- it comes from within. Still, when chronically sick, go see a doctor!

In the meantime, spiritual practices are the best preventive medicine anyone can take -- and often times they can cure illnesses, or, more correctly, they enable us to be cured from within.

We all have the divine instinct to wish others well. If we do so and let it go into God/inner silence, it is healing samyama -- the essence of true prayer -- honest, true and transcendent. It's how real healers work without injury to themselves or anyone else. It is the outpouring of divine love. That kind of healing modality is heartily recommended for everyone, wholly consistent with our aims for spiritual growth and good health, and coming from the right place.

The guru is in you.

sadhak

Heal ! Body, mind
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 01:50:04 PM »
Hi Yogani,

I fully appreciate what you are saying. There is a tendency for people to come rushing in where there is any kind of healing

To put it in perspective, we used pranic healing only for serious practitioners, or if the teacher felt it necessary, occasionally for a small child. But then, they'd slowly started using it to attract more people in. And yes, I too, felt that people would start coming in for the wrong reasons and be expected to follow something they were not ready for. These trade-offs don't work.

But the practitioners, including me, were falling sick all the time! We were doing so much so fast. I think that's where the self-pacing emphasis here scores.

Yes, so much fairer if the same field is available to all to sow and till. Carrots don't work in the long run.

But still, I get the feeling that these arts must have their place somewhere. Maybe not here, where everybody is moving out blockages gently enough, without getting hurt.  But [:D] there could be people here, too, who out of enthusiasm, or not paying attention, or lack of proper observation, do hurt themselves... and then they end up dropping practices altogether. After all, not everyone has the same level of cognition or right application for various reasons. And that may not mean that they do not have the right intention to begin with either.

yogani

• AYP Plus
Heal ! Body, mind
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 03:20:52 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by sadhak

But still, I get the feeling that these arts must have their place somewhere. Maybe not here, where everybody is moving out blockages gently enough, without getting hurt.  But [:D] there could be people here, too, who out of enthusiasm, or not paying attention, or lack of proper observation, do hurt themselves... and then they end up dropping practices altogether. After all, not everyone has the same level of cognition or right application for various reasons. And that may not mean that they do not have the right intention to begin with either.

Hi Sadhak:

People overdoing with practices was a concern I had when starting out with AYP, and to the degree people reported problems (most often due to pre-existing tendencies), we went immediately into Kundalini management using measures from a range of sources, including ayurveda and basic energy management methods -- grounding mainly. That is what is introduced in lesson 69. As it turned out, spinal breathing is one of the best energy balancers in the whole tool kit, something that was not well known outside the esoteric world before now. It is high level energy work without the distractions of the human intellect, assuming the procedure is followed as instructed.  

So, while I kept waiting for all "H" to break loose with so many people taking up the practices, it never did. Why? Because if you give people the tools with good instructions and the means for self-pacing, they will be responsible with the power placed in their hands. While we have had some practice-related energy over-loads from time to time, it has been far less than anticipated. For that I wrote lesson 217 about two years ago, and I am happy to say we have gotten even better at managing all of this since then, and we will get better still.

So the naysayers who have preached about the dangers of giving people open access to powerful practices have been dead wrong. With good education, it will work just like in any other field of knowledge. In contrast, fragmented knowledge of practices can be much more dangerous, as many of us have seen over the years. Yoga is not voodoo. It is cause and effect, and we can manage it systematically like any other cause and effect. It is the way of applied science.

In any case, I'm sure there will be instances of people getting ill now and then, for whatever reason, and I am certainly not opposed to doing whatever we can to help.

However, we do not want to become "tent healers." [:)] I think most serious practitioners around here would agree on that point.

The guru is in you.

sadhak

Heal ! Body, mind
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 01:40:12 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by yogani
As it turned out, spinal breathing is one of the best energy balancers in the whole tool kit, something that was not well known outside the esoteric world before now.

Hi Yogani,
That is something... that something so simple works better than the highly complex ones. In fact, I didn't realise it was that powerful. Will pour over the little spinal breathing book next. The sorcerer, shaman, and pilgrim-up-the-mystical-path imagery is strongly attractive[:I]... The romanticism of some practices sometimes makes you forget to keep it simple, stupid. Thanks for the perspective.

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
Heal ! Body, mind
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 08:10:19 AM »
I think an area where the healing arts and AYP can come together is in the Healers adopting the AYP system as there foundation and ground from which to carry out their healings.

Having studied and practiced healing with various teachers, the conclusion I have come to is that all the most experienced and those who last the test of time are those who don't TRY to do anything.
It is about taking yourself out of the equation and simply allowing the healing to occur.
When Yogani said:
We all have the divine instinct to wish others well. If we do so and let it go into God/inner silence, it is healing samyama -- the essence of true prayer -- honest, true and transcendent. It's how real healers work without injury to themselves or anyone else. It is the outpouring of divine love. That kind of healing modality is heartily recommended for everyone, wholly consistent with our aims for spiritual growth and good health, and coming from the right place.

This is exactly the approach of all the healers I would want to be around, for the reasons that Yogani stated above.
As an addition to my own normal samyama I have been using the samyama principle of speaking a persons name in my mind, releasing it into the silence and after about 15 seconds the same again. This feels personally very enriching, hav'nt checked the recipients yet.

It also feels like its not all about me me me, with the meditation session concluding with an outward expression towards others. Having said that, the me me me is the most important because it has to start with me, and in any case, I'm no use to anyone if I hav'nt gotten my own house in order first.

My experience of being on healing courses is that most people attending these courses do not have regular disciplines of meditation and/or yoga. I really think the AYP system would be very well suited in this field.

Louis

sadhak

Heal ! Body, mind
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 04:28:16 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle
As an addition to my own normal samyama I have been using the samyama principle of speaking a persons name in my mind, releasing it into the silence and after about 15 seconds the same again. This feels personally very enriching, hav'nt checked the recipients yet.
Louis

Hi Louis,
That's an innovative application of samyama. Do post here if you learn about the recipients. It would be interesting. I do a sort of a blessing after the session (haven't begun samyama yet)... a coincidence I've noticed is that any time I add a new person, the person gets in touch, even if briefly. I have noticed small improvements in a person's situation when she or he stays included for a period of time.

Yes, the other way round does make sense...healers would benefit doing yogic meditation.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 12:12:10 AM by sadhak »

Shanti

Heal ! Body, mind
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 10:52:47 PM »
Hi Louis,
I tried the Shamyama technique, you described above, after practice today. It did feel good. I don't know if the recipient felt anything.. One other thing I did try, after my practice, I do feel a lot of energy in me, during my rest. So this morning, I placed my reiki box (a box I have with photographs of people I send healing to)in between my palms... and even before I did any of the reiki symbols..  could feel this energy flow.. It did seem very grounding.. I wonder if it is OK to do this? The excess energy that is produced after practice.. is it better to hold on to it? Does it do any good to me? Is it maybe healing to me ? Or is it better to ground it? Any ideas?
-Shweta
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 11:02:35 PM by Shanti »

sadhak

Heal ! Body, mind
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006, 12:15:07 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti
 So this morning, I placed my reiki box (a box I have with photographs of people I send healing to)in between my palms... and even before I did any of the reiki symbols..  could feel this energy flow..

Hi Shweta,
Please explain how is it that you are comfortable doing reiki, but not pranic healing. Both are supposed originate from the divine, aren't they?