Author Topic: Truth  (Read 217 times)

AYPadmin

Truth
« on: April 12, 2019, 09:11:00 AM »
Herb
Canada
111 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2017 :  10:40:56 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
To me, truth is like poetry in that, the purer it becomes, the sweeter and more beautiful. Below is my favorite teaching from the great Ramana Maharshi. I hope you savour it as much as I have:

"When one isolates the false 'I' and traces it to its source, you are destroying the control over you that the non-self has and finding the real Self. If, in this way, you trace back the 'I'-thought to its source, you will find that the Self alone will remain. When you discover the real 'I' residing at the source--be that 'I'."
Edited by - Herb on Sep 21 2017 10:47:01 PM
Chard
239 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2017 :  12:25:22 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thank u for sharing Herb!
Go to Top of Page
parvati9
USA
587 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2017 :  09:59:43 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Herb
The quote is very inspirational, thank you 
Edited by - parvati9 on Sep 27 2017 8:57:01 PM
Go to Top of Page
Herb
Canada
111 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2017 :  8:10:20 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
"All that exists, has ever existed or will ever exist, is one infinite divine Being, free and blissful, whose body is the universe and whose soul is consciousness."
Chris Wallis
Edited by - Herb on Oct 07 2017 01:12:00 AM
Go to Top of Page
Lobsteroid
Australia
4 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2017 :  12:21:09 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Lobsteroid's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Truth will set you free, Thanks for a very short yet inspirational word.
Go to Top of Page
Herb
Canada
111 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2017 :  7:19:56 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
"Pure Unlimited Consciousness--transcending all principals of reality that are limited by nature--alone, is the supreme Reality. That is the ground for the establishment of all things. That is the vital essence of the universe. By That the universe lives and breathes(and has it's being), and That alone am I. Thus I embody the universe and yet, transcend the universe."
Abhinava Gupta
Go to Top of Page
Chard
239 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2017 :  12:47:48 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thanks Herb!!