Author Topic: yogi and wealth  (Read 1935 times)

nandhi

• http://www.nandhi.com
yogi and wealth
« on: June 23, 2006, 05:52:10 AM »
aum

jai guruve thunai!

when thalaiyati siddhar, siddhar raja swamy's guru would sit in the evenings, in the sacred forests of south india, all birds... animals and snakes would come towards him to bask in the supreme peace.

as st francis of assisi would. and as would each of us when we are alight to being the spirit.

siddhar rajaswamy told thalaiyati nathar, 'there must be more to just what i see. tell me more about what is happening'.

thalaiyati nathar said,
"when i an reaching into the surrender of breath be the cosmic one in the human body, all angels and higher beings too wish.

the ethereal beings, the millions of angeles, the light beings souls- all wait impatiently. they too wish to be the absolute being too.

they know the sacredness of human birth that can yeild them the completion that enables an even higher place of absorption into being light.

they wait for the sacred light of humans to be lit, so they can particpate through this light as good thoughts through the human entity and also action through the human to reap the evolving grace of union. this explains sri sai baba's miracles and miracles of saints.

the human birth is far too precious and the light beings as spirit know this.

so when born as human, knowing the ultimate purpose, the light beings know dharma and its forms especially the currency in the form of the wealthy spirit and mind in the ability to actually assist in evolving in life force here on the planet.

set into motion as great giving is the great receiving. all in spirit now the orb, rotating around just as the birds and the animals have come to drink the nectar"

in the human birth is our choice to survive each day's monotony in acceptance of life's limitation and sink into the limitless unquenched desires.
or
as light being, the ancient awakened one, to know purpose and the dharma as the duty done in the material world, knowing abundance and the oveflowing giving that is one with the cosmic momentum that works through the human realms. fulfilled in the joy of attaining one through thought and action.

siddhar rajaswamy asked me once- 'who are these beggars here begging all day and night? who were they in the last birth?'.

adiyen's response was, 'maybe those like hitler'.

he said, 'no. its those who are graced with completeness in the human realms ignorant of the cries of the incomplete that as human they came to complete and in being incomplete as born into a beggar circumstance, they know the hunger of all stomachs and the universal stomach'.  what he meant was, they were misers in the past birth, hoarding and not knowing the hunger in another's stomach.

knowing the sacred purpose of human birth, giant giving's need in its urgency enables the surplus created as 'wealth', the currency to enabling actually dharma. mother theresa's currency. perhaps bill gate's currency and sri ramana maharishi's &sri paramahamsa yogananda's currency. in different but effective forms.

giant givings that ultimately creates the fishing rod rather than the fish, for the human to evolve. dharma of creating  education institutions and other foundations is from wealth of the mind having become spirit in inspiring energies. this spirit is the angel. the angel that we are in human body which is one with other angels- allowing the sacred flow. the momentum of sacredness as evolving energies of life force in the planet.

in poverty is the daily beggar sometimes angry for having not received the daily food and in the hunger, forgetting. then the moment of having touch the rock bottom of the mind to realize. then remembering through the cloud of human birth, the immense giver as spirit is awakened to be the doer.

result- peace and further intense love to be one through the higher journey. seeds of wisdom having blossomed in the intellect. the intellect fueled by the the inspiring energies of the purpose. the body cradled by the spirit. the spirit recognizing to be one.

beyond result, the joy of knowing.

a yogi is wealthy.

always, through knowing sacred purpose.

in abundance and love, be!

blessings and joy!

adiyen nandhi

with folded hands!aum

Jim and His Karma

yogi and wealth
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 06:55:06 AM »
I've been rich and I've been poor. And poor is better. Even when it comes to being of service.

You can't serve that much with money, believe it or not. You know the sense of futility and inadequacy you feel when you give a beggar a dollar or a quarter? that never goes away at any scaling.

You can give it to charities, but they're inefficient (i.e. they use your $1000 as poorly as the beggar uses your buck). You can spend tons of time investigating to find an efficient, non-corrupt charity, but that time could be better spent literally helping someone. You could use your money to start a really good charity, but it will either fail or grow inefficient and corrupt, and the time you spend on developing its infrastructure could be better spent literally helping someone.

Money is an abstract thing, that's the problem. It doesn't, in and of itself, solve anything (unless your problem is lacking  a plasma tv). Service is done in time, not in dollars (all the best truisms sound like cliches, but here goes: wealth is in spirit). And by service, I don't necessarily mean soothing lepers in India. See my reply in this thread for a different perspective on service:
http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=962

When I do the "abundance" samyama, there's nary a gold piece in the word. I wish none of us the empty wealth of materiality, and I'm not coming from a hippy/commie idealistic perspective, I've really seen it.

Scott

• http://www.theonebreath.com
yogi and wealth
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 02:48:55 PM »
Nandhi, I always like to read about the tradition you are in.

Are you an enlightened one?

-Scott

NagoyaSea

yogi and wealth
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 03:56:40 PM »
Jim and His Karma said,

"When I do the "abundance" samyama, there's nary a gold piece in the word. I wish none of us the empty wealth of materiality"

absolutely yes....  when I do the abundance samyama, it is abundance and sharing.... in context of sharing the blessings I am grateful for, sharing everything "I" have...time, love, service, the material, etc....

blessings,
Kathy

Jim and His Karma

yogi and wealth
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 06:19:09 PM »
Just to expand on your thoughts, Kathy, there is such powerful beauty deserving to be recognized for its pervasive abundance that currency, cars, and no-load bond index funds seem pitifully tinny in comparison. I'm not being sanctimonious; they just really seem..................cheap.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 06:20:57 PM by Jim and His Karma »

nandhi

• http://www.nandhi.com
yogi and wealth
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 09:37:13 AM »
aum

hi all!

'yogam' is beautiful word of ancient tamil. its means, 'one who is graced by yoga'. it means one who is a lucky person. the abundant being. the abundant spirit. today, the word yogam is still used though distorted a bit to describe someone who is immensely sucessful.

going deep within to be universal and seeing the universe within- astrology as science came about, with remarkable accuracy to mordern day astronomy facts.

likewise was the recognition to be one with life force that enabled 'communicate' with plant life and ayurveda as a science developed.

this oneness is the objective of yoga.

when a plant is dying from not being watered, a yogi is able to sense it. likewise, when there are the needs of many dimensions springing up, a yogi is there feeling the need to be the instrument to fulfill it and satisfy the purpose of birth.

if we know our abundance and even if we are in the cave meditating, we know ourselves as the giant givers and sustainence naturally comes to us.

the spirit's currency is the knowing. the human realm's currency is knowing the purpose. both being one, abundance is.

to answer scot- "Are you an enlightened one?"
guess we are all, scot, esp when we have climbed above the mind. awakened is a more apt word rather than the word 'enlightened'. when the mind is transcended completely, the enlightened are called the 'nyani'(means one in a permanent wisdom state) and it is hard for them to fit into the social patterns. some surface in the society as ammachi, ramana maharishi and others (far too many to mention here) to lift others directly to higher orbits. most of the others work with the subtle energies of evolving grace without a name & baggages.

with folded hands!aum