Author Topic: Updating websites?  (Read 1462 times)

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
Updating websites?
« on: December 03, 2006, 04:18:36 AM »
Hi Yogani,
I just wanted to ask something about the AYP websites. When I first asked a question on the forum, and recommended that you post the reply on the main lessons, you did it, but said that it was getting a bit difficult these days, as there are 4 different sites to update. I used to make websites at one point in my life, and if I ended up with 2 identical sites with different domain names, being hosted on different servers, I would simply create a homepage on one site, which was a link to the other site. That site contained nothing except the homepage redirection link. Then I could update once on the main site, and anyone clicking on either domain name would end up at the updated site. This would work with any number of domain names leading to one website. People who are more technical than me can create automatic redirections. So I was wondering why you have to update in 4 different places? Maybe there is something more technical going on that I have missed?

Christi

yogani

• AYP Plus
Updating websites?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 09:09:58 AM »
Hi Christi:

Oh, how nice it would be to do that. However, each website is a little different for good reasons and requires unique attention when updating. Besides that, each site is stand alone, so if one goes down the others will still be there.

In addition to the websites, we do have some forwarded links. Try these: www.advancedyogapractices.com and www.secretsofwilder.com

All of that aside, the underlying reason why lesson posting has slowed down is because the focus here has shifted to book writing over the past year, and will stay there for another year or two. By then, I am hoping AYP will be self-supporting and we can do a lot more web stuff, typing fingers able. [:)]

Thanks much for the suggestions. New ideas are always welcome!

The guru is in you.