Author Topic: Helping AYP  (Read 1529 times)

tantien

Helping AYP
« on: April 02, 2006, 11:28:15 AM »
Hi all:

Why do you think this topic "Helping AYP" has the least postings.
It just seems everybody has so much to say on so many subjects and so little to say on how we can "Help AYP"

I just find this intresting. How can we help AYP? Any suggestions?

Guy

Jim and His Karma

Helping AYP
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 01:06:20 PM »
I don't have a lot of time. And I'm not the evangelistic sort. So here's what I do:

1. I buy every single book Yogani sells (including PDF version). Why? It's handy to have them all, they help me, this practice is important to me so I may as well own the tools. And those sales help keep it all going. There's not one AYP thing out there that I don't own (a couple in multiple copies).

2. I buy a bunch of the meditation books every few months (they give away like hotcakes...and I indulge the urge to give them out).

3. every once in a while when I look back on the amazing changes AYP has brought about for me, I send some money via paypal to  yogani99@yahoo.com. Yogani currently happens to be using the money to promote the practice, so my payment contributes to those efforts. But if Yogani were to buy a plasma tv with the money, god bless him, he deserves it. I always give slightly more than I deem prudent...though far less than what I probably should pay.

4. I don't go nuts proselytizing (just not my style), but if I meet a sincere seeker, I don't fail to make an earnest suggestion they check out AYP  (if I meet someone less dedicated, or simply just someone depressed and miserable but showing signs of spark underneath it all, I just flip 'em the meditation book and let Yogani's words do the heavy lifting).

5. I remind people periodically to do the above.

So...that's what I do. And every once in a while I suppress the urge to sell all my belongings and send the money to Yogani (sorry, Yogani...your fault for stressing level-headedness).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 01:08:50 PM by Jim and His Karma »

tantien

Helping AYP
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 01:40:47 PM »
Hi Jim:

It's obvious your commitment to AYP in so many ways.

Thanks for sharing.

Guy

Jim and His Karma

Helping AYP
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 02:53:35 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by robertjames
It's obvious your commitment to AYP in so many ways.

Hmmm.....I was actually shooting for the opposite: some easy, not over-the-top ways any of us could help. I hope none of this strikes anyone as unmanagable or extreme. Just normal stuff those who dig this practice can do to help a lot.

Frank-in-SanDiego

Helping AYP
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 01:54:30 PM »
Hari Om
~~~~~~~
quote:
Originally posted by robertjames

How can we help AYP? Any suggestions?

Hello Guy,
I think the best way to help AYP is by helping the family of man.
Sounds a little like melba-toast, eh?  But think about the orientation of AYP and the things that are discussed.  Many people have much to say,  yet we seek silence ( go figure).
The fulfillment of AYP comes from people choosing to regain the gift of being a human, happiness, knowledge, and 'right' living.
We can influence this in a very innocent manner, buy meditating and doing our practice.
I do not believe that standing on a corner preaching this stuff will advance society, but as people come along that are looking, perhaps a helping hand to the silence is a welomed offering. Offering a hand to them is offering a hand to our SELF.

agnir satyam rtam brhat
Frank in San-Diego
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 01:55:51 PM by Frank-in-SanDiego »

yogani

• AYP Plus
Helping AYP
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 10:48:57 PM »
Hi Guy and All:

Thanks for this topic. I am very appreciative of anything anyone is inclined to do to help spread the word on AYP.

On the practical financial side, the donations and quantity discount purchases of books to hand out have been especially helpful for both getting the books out there and providing necessary support for expenses here.

Along those lines, I have some leftover books from the last trade show that I would like to clear out of here. I wish I could give them away, but can't afford it at this stage. We could do about 65% off suggested retail, including mainland USA shipping, for combined lots of 20 or more. Here is what is available:

Deep Meditation -- 100 (at $4 each)
AYP Easy Lessons -- 10 (at $14 each)
Secrets of Wilder -- 5 (at $7 each)

Please write if you'd like to help clean out the office here. [:)]

Many thanks...

The guru is in you.