Author Topic: Abdominal Twitching  (Read 20967 times)

Jim and His Karma

Abdominal Twitching
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 01:34:57 AM »

folrsi30

Abdominal Twitching
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 01:11:54 AM »
Has anyone else had any updates?     I've had MRI's, ct scans, emg's spinal tap -- they all seem to can't explain the abdominal twitching -- i had that same feeling that went up my spine after i was taking muscle relaxants and then twitching my entire body.

not sure what to do, its over a month now.  I had been taking lovastatin for about a month prior to this and was working out with my bowflex and running on the treadmill.   but stopped the statin after a month, but it's been a month since i've taken that and it still is painful in my lower back and my neck.   the dull pain first started with my lower abdomen area and now the twitching in my lower abdomen will not stop.

Anyone who has any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Tibetan_Ice

Abdominal Twitching
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2008, 04:10:36 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Tibetan_Ice

quote:
Originally posted by folrsi30
Anyone who has any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Hi folrsi30 [:)]
 I have seen a meditation that is supposed to be good for curing wind and channel diseases in a book called the "Clear Light Of Bliss" by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.

The exercise is called "meditating on a hollow body".  

For background information, read Page 42 of this book using the "Search inside" function:
http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Light-Bliss-Mahamudra-Vajrayana/dp/0948006218

Because page 43 is missing, here is the meditation:

quote:

First we regard our body as being in its normal form - made of skin, flesh, bone, blood, and so forth - and then we strongly imagine that all the contents of our body melt into light and gradually disappear into emptiness, leaving only our skin like an empty shell. Once this meditation is stable, we imagine that our skin becomes clear and transparent, without any physical resistance, like a rainbow. If, during any stage of our practice, if we experience trouble from wind disease, we should do this meditation until the difficulty subsides, even if it takes several days or weeks.

[:)]
TI
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 04:14:26 PM by Tibetan_Ice »