Author Topic: Man is what he thinks  (Read 767 times)

AccidentalYogi

Man is what he thinks
« on: March 12, 2007, 03:59:26 PM »
Hello again Iced.

I think you should really pay attention to the exact sort of messages you are writing.  Every time I see you post you are describing the disasterous state you find yourself in.

Go through every topic you've put on this forum and look at the tone of each one.  If you pay attention you'll realize exactly why you find yourself in such a state.

This may be hard to believe, but you are doing this to yourself.  You have brought this to yourself.  Everything that is occuring at this moment is a result of your own will.  The yogic practices you were doing have resulted in a tremendous emergence of energy within your body.

You have actually accomplished what you set out to do.  You want this.  Trust that what you've done and accomplished is exactly right.

Love it

Your thoughts, your emotions, are the form in which energy takes as translated by the mind.  When you transform that energy into anxiety, pain, and frustration that is what you will feel.  However, it is just as easy to transform that energy into balance, harmony, and joy.  It is surprisingly easy.  It is so easy it is possibly the most difficult thing I've ever had to learn.

These catastrophic emotions are repressed parts of your psyche which are being forcibly expressed, mainly because it was your desire to be rid of them.  For the first few months after my first Kundalini arousal I found myself spending days where I could not get out of bed crying because years of traumatic emotions which I had held onto were being released.

The reason that these emotions are so devestating is because they are a large part of what the ego (your ego) uses to create an (false)identity for itself.  You're spirit is now telling you that they are infact not part of you at all.  You're lower self is being dissolved.  This will hurt as long as you resist the process.  How much pain you experience, and how long it lasts is entirely up to you.

I've seen you list about a dozens sources outside of yourself which are supposed to help you.  As long as you believe that you are in a nightmare everything you experience will be nightmarish.  Outer peace begins with inner peace.  There is no outer solution.

You are this energy.  Why are you so intent upon causing yourself pain?

If you can take one thing with you remember this is a good thing.  
You are amazingly blessed because one day you will realize that all your life you have created every circumstance you ever ever experienced.  All your joy, all your pain has been your own creation.  You are a being of unlimited potential.  Pleasure or pain, it is your choice.  You need to train yourself to believe this.  Think of this as the equivalent of the birth pangs of your spiritual body.

Namaste my friend.  You'll do fine, you are fine.  Be thankful that in reality, you are in a beautiful country with an entirely new world of possibilities opened to you.

(Thank God for The Secret)

AccidentalYogi

Man is what he thinks
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 09:02:54 AM »
Sorry, if you couldn't tell this was meant to be a reply to iced's most recent topic.

IcedEarth

Man is what he thinks
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 03:15:15 AM »
Hi Accidental Yogi,

I just noticed this post today.  I must say that I agree with you when you say I accomplished what I set out to accomplish, that being the awakening of inner energies.  I tried long and hard for months to awaken it but I didn´t use the AYP practices to do it.

My next objective is to eliminate the nervous disorders which I created.  I´m having a hard time doing it because it seems like the only real solution is to starve the problem.

One of the problems with the law of attraction is that it works in terms of duality.  To be rich, there must be poverty.  To be healthy, there must be disease, and on and on...  An alternative would be to expand oneself beyond the definitions and reach a state of mind that is neutral to such circumstances.  I find it a difficult thing to do myself, but I´m pretty sure it is a better alternative to be unconditioned.

I´m slowly realizing that I can transform these pains by allowing them to be, by not resisting what is happening.  But I don´t think I have complete control over these circumstances, even if a book says I do.

Another question I have, which nobody can answer for sure --  am I still going through processes of purification and opening?  It´s been a month since I´ve done any yoga and it feels like I´ve slopped mud all over my mind and body.  I want to start deep meditation again when the time is right, since I´ve had harmful consequences practicing asana and pranayama.  I know I can sit still for 10 or 15 minutes a day, as I have to sit for an hour for each class I attend.  In the past doing meditation has helped me go beyond the symptoms, but I don´t want to cause any more harm to my brain or this organism... What´s a man to do?

weaver

Man is what he thinks
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 03:46:04 AM »
quote:
I want to start deep meditation again when the time is right...

Hi IcedEarth,

You could test a shorter session of deep meditation of maybe 5-10 minutes, and if it doesn't seem to increase the energies, but rather calm them down or create more silence, that could possibly be a good thing to try. When I had excessive head energies I did only morning meditation for 2-3 weeks, since I felt that created stillness, however not evening meditation, since I felt that the energies got aggravated then. Remember, it may take a few to several days to see possible effects. [:)]

gumpi

Man is what he thinks
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 04:41:42 AM »
What an extradionary thread!  

I was thinking that a shorter meditation time would probably release less energy to the head when you are in a panic stricken state and your head feels like a blown out fuse.  That is my experience, but i smoke pot (naughty).  I can only guess that the reason for not meditating in the evening is that if you drink or smoke in the evening, it will not be good.  

How to banish fear?  That is the impression i get of this thread.

It is true that not embracing the non-existence of a self could lead to this fear.  If there are bad chemicals in the brain because of anxiety though, then these chemicals will radically effect the mind.  In this state, it is almost useless to prescribe meditation.  When people say "get grounded", i think they mean go and just go windsurfing, or something.  Take a bungee jump.  Try Swimming.  It would probably be ideal if you did regular physical exercise.  

:)

AccidentalYogi

Man is what he thinks
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 02:17:07 PM »
Why is it a problem that the Law of Attraction works in a Universe which is dual in nature?  The underlying force (mind) which allows that law to work is not dual.  It is unlimited.  It allows whatever it WILLS to exist.  Whether or not that is pleasing or torturous is really dependent upon the mind that wills it.  You will realize that when you are actually using the Law of Attraction that you are operating from that unconditioned state (it can make either happen).  What is manifested (such as your ailments both physical and mental) are obviously going to be subject to duality.

What is manifested is of little importance.  It's the fact that there is this unlimited potential within you which is allowing things to manifest.  It's all a matter of what you are sending out into the universe.  Call it Karma.  You think about pain and fear, you'll experience pain and fear.  You think about peace and bliss, you experience it.

When you become more aquainted with the energy in your body you will find that it responds to your thoughts.  If you focus on energy in your heart, you will feel it there.  If you focus on your third eye, you will feel it there.

Given that fact, what does it suggest about your mind if the energy which responds to that mind is causing you pain?

The reason I reccomended the law of attraction for you is because of this.

If you believe you have control over your mind.  You do.

If you have control over your mind, you will have control over the energy in your body.

If you have control of the energy in your body, you will not be afraid and you can direct it away from the areas which cause you pain, and towards areas which will cause you bliss and peace.

I remember you said something about a considerable amount of pain all focused on the right side of your body.

In Gopi Krishna's book he described an experience where for weeks he felt like he was literally on fire.  Needless to say this caused him unbearable physical and mental agony.

Someone suggested to him that it was because his kundalini had arisen through the fire channel on the right side of his body rather than the water or moon channel on the left side of his body.

He described how one night he simply imagined the energy entering the left side of his body through the cool moon channel and the pain instantly vanished.

I believe running from the energy in your body is what is actually making it so unbearable.  It is like having an elephant the size of the Universe sitting in your living room.

Like I said, you are this energy.  Think of it as like a third hand.  Or a thousand extra hands.  Hands don't flop around and hit you without you telling them to.

I've heard it theorized that Kundalini is consciousness itself.  Well... you're consciousness too.

And yes... you'll probably be going through purifications for a very long time.  When you're done purifying then you will be a a fully enlightened being.  But fret not pretty soon you'll find yourself in an unbelievable state of ecstasy and recall the small amount of pain you had to go through to get there and think to yourself,  "Thank you God, it was totally worth it."

Anthem

• http://www.inspirationalworks.net
Man is what he thinks
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 03:21:35 PM »
Thank you for your insightful posts A.Y., they have been very helpful and clarifying for me.

all the best,[:)]

A

IcedEarth

Man is what he thinks
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 11:55:50 PM »
You are right AccidentalYogi, as an individual I am this energy.  I've known for a while that where attention goes, energy follows.  The same thing works with thoughts.  It's quite simple, but there is a delay for the effects.  I am pretty sure these problems are fading because day by day I get a little bit better and a little less bothered by what is going on.

What is difficult for me to understand is that I will benefit from this experience.  I guess it's my choice, after all.  The most important thing I learned from it is that I am not ready for pranayama, and I should stay away from it.  Sometimes it takes a painful experience for a person to realize they should stop doing that activity or thinking that thought.  I have also learned that when a yoga practice is causing problems in your daily life, it is best to discard it.

Thanks a million

Fran

Man is what he thinks
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 10:43:45 PM »
Good posts AccidentalYogi. Feel relates to my experience- and would've helped me at my worse. It seems IcedEearth that you are getting more in to balance- and this will continue- sometimes gradually, sometimes more quickly- but you will in the end see how it is the most beneficial thing that could happen to you in this spiritual life I'm sure.

AccidentalYogi

Man is what he thinks
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 11:53:02 AM »
Thank you Fran.

Iced, you already sound like you're doing better.  Keep it up.

Doc

• http://www.shenmentao.com/
Man is what he thinks
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 12:22:31 PM »

Namaste to All!

If and when we accept the premise that our true Self-Realization is discovered in the Silence of Divine Consciousness found in Deep Meditation and Contemplative Prayer States, by modifying and disciplining mental activities to think less and feel more, then in a sense, we are actually really WHAT WE DON'T THINK! [:p]

Consider hanging out in the Silence of That which resides in between thoughts, after a thought has come and gone, but before another manfests to take its place. [8D]

Hari OM!

Doc