Author Topic: Strong energy experience, not sure how to react!  (Read 154 times)

AYPadmin

Strong energy experience, not sure how to react!
« on: July 09, 2019, 11:13:33 AM »
Ace
Germany
30 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2015 :  09:39:23 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Hello everyone,

Yesterday night, in state of half sleep, I suddenly felt a very stong energy racing through my body into my had and I had the feeling like my head was shaking and I heard a sound, which resembled a laugh in my head.(kind of a evil laughter) This strong feeling stayed for some seconds and than subsided.
After it disappeard, the energy rush came back about 5 more times in a similar fashion. After some minutes of nightmare like pictures, which fit the description of a "bad trip", I managed to wake up and turn on the light.

As I mentioned, I was in a dreamlike state, but I could witness, what took place intensly and I'm 100% sure it was not just a nightmare. I could react to the "laugh" in my head and managed to keep positive thoughts. In general I would judge the experience very interesting, but it also created some fear in me.

My practice schedule consists of 10min spinal breathing + 20min deep meditation+ 5min samyama + 5min rest. +Amaroli (passive)

I haven't experience any symptoms of overdoing before, only very minor headache for short time. So this came very suprising and I'm not sure how to deal with it and how to interpret this experience. Especially, because in the last weeks I felt happier than ever before and my whole life is constantly improving in many levels.

Should I label it as scenery and ignore it? Or is it an indication that I'm going to fast?

My plan is to reduce my practice for some time.

If anyone can give any help or interpretation I would be very happy.

BlueRaincoat
United Kingdom
1486 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2015 :  12:15:06 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hello Ace

Our state of consciousness during sleep changes a lot with yoga practice. This impression you have that "it was not just a nightmare" it might be exactly that - the Witness continuing to be there while you were sleeping/dreaming. This happens more and more with yoga practice.

Reading your account of this event, I'm left with this one question: Did the energy surge happen while you were in that dream-like state or have you felt it when you were awake too?

Of course it is best to be prudent ? if you think this could be a sign of overloading, then it won't do any harm to cut back a little. You can always increase practice time later, once you're sure you're on stable footing ? much, much better than wait to become unstable, at which point it would be harder to regain stability. You have moved rather fast over the last 4 months, adding one technique after the other.

Practise wisely and enjoy.
Go to Top of Page
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2015 :  2:39:06 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Probably an archetypal impression from the collective unconscious. Mischievous, or evil, laughter is woven pretty deep into our heritage. It's not necessarily a bad thing either. The joker can be elevated to a higher plane, like any other quality. Sounds like you are dealing with it properly. I've had similar scenery and seen it transformed firsthand.

Scenery...self-pacing...onward.
Go to Top of Page
Dogboy
USA
1581 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2015 :  3:10:50 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I agree it's something bubbling up from the depths, an interesting experience. Reduce practice if you are in discomfort or irritable, otherwise keep on trucking!
Go to Top of Page
Ace
Germany
30 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2015 :  5:02:57 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
to BlueRaincoat:
quote:
Reading your account of this event, I'm left with this one question: Did the energy surge happen while you were in that dream-like state or have you felt it when you were awake too?

It happend, while I was in half sleep state, but it was so intense, I shooting up my body and getting so strong in my head, that I felt like I would shake inside, but I couldn't physically react in that state. I could just control my thoughts and emotions, but I couldn't get up or stop lying around. It's hard to desctribe, but I'm sure it was not a dream, it was too physical for that. It was just very intense.
I cut back pretty pretty hard for today and I think I'll slowly move up to the point where I was, I'm just at a point, where I'm pretty worried of overdoing it, but there are absolutely no bad signs in my everyday life, I'm more productive and happy than ever before.

You are right, I might have moved too fast, basically adding one new technique at the beginning of every month, but than again, Yogani never specifies the time to wait. I felt an inner feeling like I was drawn to those techniques every time.

to Bodhi Tree:
quote:
Probably an archetypal impression from the collective unconscious. Mischievous, or evil, laughter is woven pretty deep into our heritage. It's not necessarily a bad thing either. The joker can be elevated to a higher plane, like any other quality.

Could you, please, explain what you mean by that? Especially that "the Joker can be elevated to a higher plane"? I'm afraid I don't really grasp the essence of your comment. Do you mean it is some deep fear in me?

quote:
Scenery...self-pacing...onward.

that's good advice, I hope it will get nice and easy again.

Thanks for those nice and fast replies This forum is very helpful
Go to Top of Page
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2015 :  6:02:12 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ace

Could you, please, explain what you mean by that? Especially that "the Joker can be elevated to a higher plane"? I'm afraid I don't really grasp the essence of your comment. Do you mean it is some deep fear in me?

According to Hindu philosophy, there are three main qualities of Being, or gunas:
1. Tamas - chaos, darkness
2. Rajas - energetic, active
3. Sattva - refined, harmonious, joyous

So, if the joker personality trait transforms from something malicious to something joyful, that means the innate quality has been elevated to higher plane.

For example, let's say there's a slave master who laughs wickedly when whipping his slaves. That's obviously of the tamas variety. But maybe one day the master becomes benevolent and sets his slaves free--even laughing with them at a shared dinner table. That is more of the sattvic variety.

Also, in the context of evolution, it kind of makes sense, because the universe starts out with some chaotic beginnings (explosions, planetary formation, predatory life forms, etc.). But the tendency is for all things to become more sattvic. Everything is moving towards unity, harmony, and divine love. It is the most natural thing. Starting from scratch, then getting baked into something delicious.

Hope that clarifies.
Go to Top of Page
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2015 :  6:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
P.S. I just realized that the slave master metaphor is applicable to my current living situation.

In the morning, I whip my younger brother and make him do chores, then we dine together in the evening and laugh about it. LMAO! Kidding!
Go to Top of Page
Ace
Germany
30 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2015 :  02:59:51 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thanks for the explanation, I get it now. Slave master Bodhi Tree
Go to Top of Page
BlueRaincoat
United Kingdom
1486 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2015 :  08:20:21 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ace
I'm sure it was not a dream, it was too physical for that. It was just very intense.

So it was an energy surge, not a dream about an energy surge.  Well, it's good to get these signals sometimes and be reminded of the possibility of overload.

quote:
Originally posted by Ace
Yogani never specifies the time to wait.

He couldn't because everyone is different - some people can add three new practices a year, others can overload after eight months of 20 minutes x 2 times a day mantra meditation. You have to find your own level. And be especially careful once the energy starts moving. This a recent post by Yogani where you'll find more about that :
http://www.aypsite.com/forum/
All the best
Go to Top of Page
Ace
Germany
30 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2015 :  3:24:00 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thank you very much for providing this link. It's a great response by YOgani and was worth reading.

I might consider adding new practices every two month now, rather than every month. I'm still young so I have plenty of time, no need to speed ahead. Thanks a lot