Author Topic: Bliss Management  (Read 1262 times)

Jim and His Karma

Bliss Management
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 05:57:45 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

Solar Centering...is...da...bomb-diggity. [8D]

Those who don't want to put quite so much attention there might try what I term "Solar Light"

Jim and His Karma

Bliss Management
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 05:33:18 AM »
Expanding on my first posting, above (note: I'll switch here to Yogani's terminology, and call this "ecstasy" rather than "bliss")...here's another way of saying it:

If you're experiencing ecstasy, you will have noticed that the suffering people experience in day-to-day life is voluntary. Pain's unavoidable, but suffering is a learned behavior of focusing perspective to that state of mind. We let go of how we need everything to be - we let the universe simply be as it is - and even though nothing outward's changed, we're released from suffering in the blink of an eye. It's a change of perspective; the letting go of an old habit.

What I'm suggesting about ecstasy is a similar move. Just as we at some point saw past the habit/obsession underpinning our suffering, we can do likewise with ecstasy. Just release it from the bondage of your attention. Let it go, as just another "thing".

But it's got to be specific, not generalized. If you keep repeating the experience of  general surrender which first brought the ecstasy (as you eventually must, as part of the process of spreading the surrendering into subtler, more unconscious pockets of internal clenching - i.e. "purification"), the ecstasy will keep swelling. Ecstasy is the cookie god gives us to show we're on the right track, and, like any other good thing, too much can be a problem (yoga can be seen as a technology for surrendering without choking on the cookies). The key seems to be: once ecstasy happens, before you continue and deepen the surrender experience, you need to consciously and specifically let the ecstasy go. Even if, like me, it's not something you'd ever clung to - even if  you've considered it a distraction -  it's nonetheless something that needs to be let go of.

I tried to transcend the entire issue via more and more surrender, but got caught in the "Chinese finger trap" of increasing ecstasy from deepening surrender. Rather than transcend the issue, you need to proactively release it.

And all you need to do is ask. God may not give you a Porsche or a promotion at work, even if you ask constantly. But this is a request that gets answered immediately. You've had enough cookie? You'd rather spread it out upon the four winds? Fine....*poof*.

It took me fifteen years to stumble upon this. There's a chance that had I tried it fifteen years earlier, it wouldn't have worked as well. But my hunch is that it would have.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 06:15:07 AM by Jim and His Karma »