Author Topic: Handling Weird Energy and Overall Transformation  (Read 2625 times)

weaver

Handling Weird Energy and Overall Transformation
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 02:33:03 PM »
Hi again Scott.

Great advice above from Jim. And good to hear that it works out well for you Anthem. I will add a couple of my thoughts as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Scott
Do you think it will work itself out, without meditating?

I believe it will, but there will be more stuff to deal with. I have heard about several accounts of kundalini awakenings without any meditation background, and over time they have learned to live with kundalini and adapt to the changes. And, gradually they may have felt drawn to meditate, which has helped. If you don't do anything, kundalini may even go dormant again, and then you can take it up again in the future if you like.

quote:
I just don't feel comfortable sitting still and meditating. Especially cross legged.

First, there is no requirement to sit cross-legged at all. See the AYP lessons. I agree with Jim that meditation is very important, but rather than feeling forced to do it, I would rather give it a rest at least temporarily, and then after a while you may feel like trying it again. Kundalini has a tendency to change what we like. Maybe only for 10 minutes instead of 20. Doing spiritual practices just because we ought to do them is usually not much fun, it's so much better if we feel like doing it, at least trying.

Jim and His Karma

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 03:27:18 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Anthem11
 It is an amazing ride, enjoy it!

To postscript Anthem's postscript, amazing though the ride is, it needn't mean any sort of disruption to your day-to-day life. I drink beer with friends, hang out, nobody has any idea how incredibly special I've become (rolling eyes).

That said, it does freak people out when we get caught in nasty traffic jams and I'm as happy and relaxed as if I were stretched out on a chaisse lounge on some Caribbean lagoon. Peace and happiness are the ultimate siddhis.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 03:37:23 PM by Jim and His Karma »

Jim and His Karma

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 03:33:17 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by weaver

First, there is no requirement to sit cross-legged at all.

Thanks, weaver.  I just meditated while lying down for the first time in years and it went fine.

It's true that it helps to "want" to meditate, though that can backfire (meditation does not benefit from an eager running start). It seems to work best, in my experience, if it's something you just sort of do and get it over with, like tooth brushing. If it feels great, great. if it doesn't, fine. Just do it and get it done with. 20 minutes or 10 minutes, cross-legged or supine.  Whatever you can commit to, long term.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 03:33:58 PM by Jim and His Karma »

Scott

• http://www.theonebreath.com
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2006, 12:08:16 AM »
Sorry guys, but right now I can't do it.  It doesn't seem right.  Thanks for all of your consideration.

Jim and His Karma

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2006, 01:44:38 AM »
No need to apologize! Wishing you all the best!

Whatever impulse has you hanging around this forum will guide you through. Perhaps you'll be inspired to reread thru some of Yogani's lessons at some point, too.

Scott

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2006, 03:28:09 AM »
The impulse is just because I like you guys, lol.  Thanks for the wishes.  Same to you, from me.

riptiz

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2006, 05:38:45 AM »
Hi Scott,
Having read that you don't wish to meditate for fear of stimulating shakti(I believe this is your fear)I would suggest that you try japa instead.Using japa by chanting the mantra in your head as fast as possible will bring more purification to the nadis and chakras without affecting the consciousness changing effects of meditation.The uneasy symptoms of premature awakenings are caused by lack of purity of the nervous system to handle the energy trying to find a free route through your body.Using japa in this way is not common to many systems but will certainly bring further purity.My guru teaches this method as a precursor for shaktipat to minimise cleansing symptoms.
BTW only you will know when you are ready for this path and you will know without a shadow of a doubt imho.Don't think that because you are experiencing severe cleansing that you are not ready, we all have to live through this in some level.
Weaver the shakti will not change you into a super caring for all person without making an effort to change just as Ghandi said."You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

L&L
Dave

Scott

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2006, 07:09:35 AM »
Dave,

Thanks for responding...I was hoping you would.  The guru I went to was in the Kundalini Maha Siddha yoga tradition, as your guru is.  The thing is, the guru I went to warned me not to mess with this stuff at all anymore.  She said "No more reading spiritual books, no more meditation, no more of anything like this.  You are far far from ready.  You are playing with fire."  Etc.

I guess a question I have for you is: would your guru tell someone this?  It doesn't make sense for a guru to tell someone to quit the spiritual path.

I won't try the japa just yet.  I'd like to talk to another guru seriously about my situation, first.

Again, thanks for responding Dave.

riptiz

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2006, 08:47:43 AM »
Hi Scott,
I wonder who the guru is you talk of but the one that springs to mind is a certain lady from Antioch? If so she was a fellow student of my guru when they were aged around 12 yrs old in India and is not a fully realised siddha. My guru would not tell you to cease spiritual practices.Although there are some on here who believe the role of a realised guru is overated(how they can comment by hearsay is beyond me)I can tell you from my experiences that one who is fully realised( I mean a siddha, not simply claiming realisation)then the process is safe.In fact my guru has intiated ones who have had a spontaneous awakening and they have found relief from using the system.I do know of at least one person who lives locally to me who has suffered from spontaneous awakening for over 8 yrs and since using the Divine Sound is much better and improves daily.One of the results of the Divine Sound is a safe awakening when one achieves the purity required for safety.There is a time for everything. I have a background of over 30 yrs of martial arts and still had extreme physical kriyas with shaktipat(although nothing frightening or painful)which made me realise that purity of the nervous system was a requirement before shaktipat , no matter who gives it IMHO.I do know of one in the USA who received shaktipat too soon and suffered extreme cleansing so i can understand your suffering. It seems that the majority of people who suffer a spontaneous awakening are unfortunate not to have the purity required beforehand.Lifes not fair sometimes is it?
L&L
Dave

Scott

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2006, 09:21:53 AM »
Dave,

Thanks for responding again.  The guru can be seen and read at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Kundalini_online/ .  She isn't the girl from Antioch, I don't think.

Do you regularly talk to your guru?  Are you guessing that he would never tell someone to quit all spiritual things, or have you asked him this?  What if the person argued with him?  I was argumentative with the guru I went to (for good reasons in my mind) and she seemed offended and closed off.  I asked her why she was bowing to a rock (the shiva lingham) in some pictures, since it didn't make sense that shiva isn't merely contained in a rock.  I also asked her what the sanyasa ritual was all about...not direspectfully, although she took it that way, but I wanted to know what it meant.  How could someone go through all of the motions without understanding why they're doing certain things, like putting water on a rock or bowing towards a fire?  I also didn't follow her advice on celibacy.  It caused too much stress for me to be completely celibate, and I didn't trust her enough to follow through with it.  She told me to go to a Vipassana retreat, and I didn't go because I started experiencing extreme kundalini symptoms when I tried the practice.  There were physical changes going on underneath my skin...it felt like water was rushing out of my hands, and there was a cold liquid going through my forearm into my pointer finger and thumb which caused them to move, and it seemed like my eyes opened up completely although I looked in the mirror and looked normal.  I didn't want my kundalini to burst, so I didn't go.  Also there were a lot of things in my life which conflicted with going.  Same for when I was going to go visit her, to get shaktipat.  Everything fell through no matter how hard I tried to go.  So it seemed overall, like I was being guided away from her.

When I told her this she kind of scolded me and said not to do anything spiritual at all anymore, and that she was saying it out of compassion because she didn't want me to get hurt.  That's about the only thing she said that I had faith in...except for the compassion part.  But it did seem like I could get hurt if I continued messing around with this stuff...especially at times when "it" happens.

Anyway, that's the story.  The Divine Sound cd you mention always looked good to me, although I wouldn't want to listen to it and then not talk to the guru...but I know he is busy handing out grace everywhere.  So for now, I guess I'll stick to nothing spiritual.

Thank you again, Dave.  Namaste.

riptiz

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2006, 03:35:05 AM »
Hi Scott,
My guru is a lady and my satguru is Dhyanyogi Omdasji(http://dhyanyogi.omdasji.googlepages.com/home). He is gadapati of our lineage.The lady from Antioch is not the lady in question.I speak to my guru almost daily via messenger and received an offline today recommending you listen to the Divine Sound and take intiation as a way of calming the shakti.That is your choice just as being on a spiritual journey is.Neither my guru or satguru would insist that you do anything, simply if you are ready you will do.IMHO guidance is required and if you have problems with shakti then you need a realised guru's help.
The shiva lingam is representative of shiva and in India there are (I think) about a dozen naturally formed lingam in various areas.To be honest I don't study the scriptures as I would rather be beating the door of enlightenment, than reading about others who may or may not have opened the door.Celibacy will increase the energy but one lives their lives as they wish.My guru does not insist on it but advise it will progress the path.
I would be surprised if she can actually give shaktipat safely as I was told there are only about 3 or 4 in all of India who can give it correctly.If given incorrectly it causes further problems.
If you wish for further info please mail me offline, I am always available to help others.
L&L
Dave

Scott

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2006, 03:58:31 AM »
Thank you very much for your information and help, Dave.  You're very deserving of enlightenment, at least in my opinion. :-)

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2006, 07:58:20 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scott

Sorry guys, but right now I can't do it.  It doesn't seem right.  Thanks for all of your consideration.

You are right Scott.. you have to do things that seem right at the current point in life. You do have a taste of how things are on this path.. you are lucky to have experienced it... so when you are ready... things will fall in place.. they always do.. and then it will feel right. Don't worry.. do what you have to do right now and come back any time.. like David had said once.. Welcome to the Hotel AYP.. you can check out any time you like.. but you can never leave.
Wish you all the best my dear.[:)]

Scott

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2006, 08:11:28 AM »
Shweta,

quote:
like David had said once.. Welcome to the Hotel AYP.. you can check out any time you like.. but you can never leave.

Haha, yea that seems to be true.

Thank you my good friend.[:)]