Author Topic: Vortex  (Read 2480 times)

lucidinterval1

Vortex
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 06:39:00 AM »
Alan,
I know what you mean. Sometimes when I have finished my meditation routine I will open my eyes and realize that I just want to go within some more. So I may close my eyes pick up the mantra and go a while longer. I do have to watch the pitta overload that Jim mentions though. There have been times when I thought that I fried my nervous system. I know that Anthem has mentioned similar symptoms. It's really something to watch for and keep in check.

Jim and His Karma

Vortex
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2006, 06:47:29 AM »
I know all about this problem....hating to end the meditation 'cuz it was "just getting good", etc.

Here's the solution I found: take it with you. As you rest, as you get up and interact with the world, you needn't reconstitute into something noisy and superficial. Be your silence through the day.

If the meditative state means feeling dull-witted, sluggish, oblivious, or otherwise unaware, something's very off. Your silence is your awareness. And your awareness is sharp (just not noisy or graspy). You can be sharp driving, talking, walking, doing anything, and be 100% in your silence.

See if that helps.

The other tip is that, like eating or sleeping, the precedent you set for yourself in terms of sched becomes habitual. So if you meditate every day at the same time, and do it for precisely 20 minutes, that's what you'll crave and that's how it'll work. You tend to overshoot only when your body hasn't been conditioned to a routine. Get into the groove, and it all takes care of itself.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 06:49:42 AM by Jim and His Karma »

lucidinterval1

Vortex
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 08:08:43 AM »
Good advice.
Thanks Jim

alan

Vortex
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2006, 11:16:29 AM »
Yes, thanks Jim

I'll have to look up pitta overload. When you say fried I think I know what you mean. If I recall, that happens to me on occassion when I fit in too many long sessions on a Sunday with a lot of spinal breathing and deep meditation. I'm still learning to hook in to a natural flowing rythym with the breathing and energy flow (some days are better than others, though it's getting better all the time) so that's why I tend to go on a little longer 'til it gets flowing good. Coming out of meditation slowly can help bring silence into the day, but sometimes I have to jump up and go. I try to adjust to what the day brings which is always varied in some thing or other (mood, time, stress, etc.) and be at peace with it and accept that not every day is easy and flowing and it's all good anyway. In that way I can stay in silence more throughout the day, just by accepting what is, and yes that includes accepting the pains of an aging, tortured body[:)]with grace and a smile.

Peace, alan
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 11:28:39 AM by alan »

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
Vortex
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2006, 12:03:11 PM »
Alan,
You can read up Lesson#69 for pitta overload..
http://www.aypsite.com/plus/69.html
Also lesson#200 has some info on the diet for pitta overload..
http://www.aypsite.com/plus/200.html

quote:
but sometimes I have to jump up and go

If you ever have to do this, cut your practice time down a little bit so that you can take a little more time coming out of meditation and rest a little.. Jumping up and going.. and then being miserable the whole day and  adjusting to "what the day brings which is always varied in some thing or other (mood, time, stress, etc.)"  may work for some time.. but you may suddenly find it going out of hand. Do be careful. [:)]

alan

Vortex
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2006, 12:51:55 PM »
Thanks Shanti

I'll check it out.

I always thought a pitta overload was when I made my sandwich too big so everything spilled out and I couldn't get a good bite![:D]

Peace, alan

alan

Vortex
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2006, 09:30:37 AM »

I checked out the pitta overload & etc. lessons. Thanks Shanti, you're always on top of those lessons, aren't you[:)]

Now I'm wondering about these slight dry patches on my cheek-bones. I haven't been hanging out in the sun. I'm thinking of some other little rashes I've had here and there over the months. Anyway, curious stuff.

I'm wondering if sometimes our kundalini could have awakened earlier, unawares?
When I was a teen I used to get violent energy rushes that would make me pass out for a moment. I'd find myself on the floor or in a shrubbery[:)]  The doctor said I was growing so fast that my system was trying to catch up and the blood was rushing to my head when I'd stand. Anyone experience anything like that?

Peace, alan

lucidinterval1

Vortex
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2006, 12:51:08 PM »
Alan,
It sounds like some classic kundalini symptoms.

I've had rashes move around on my body from hour to hour. If I get an energy overload my face tends to get flush. I have had to learn to deal with some of it by diet. I try and stay away from caffeine and spicy foods. Also, I have switched to organic food and that helps alot. We make our own yogurt and buy raw milk. I have stopped eating farmed fish. I believe that the stress that an animal carries throughout it's life sends toxins into it's blood stream and lowers the quality of the nutrients contained within the meat. Processed foods (which is what most Americans live on) really get me wired. I have pretty much stopped eating out.

For me, it seems like the longer that I stay with this program, the more I have to give up in terms of our typical daily decadence. The path then gets smoother to me. But it's a choice. I can refine my day to day choices and hopefully keep progressing, or I can give it up and go back to the Matrix.

( I still think that you are carrying over some past life conditioning......)

With Peace,
Paul

NagoyaSea

Vortex
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2006, 03:24:14 PM »
Alan,  as a teen I got energy currents through the spine but they were gentle--nothing like what you experienced. After coming back to meditation as an adult, during sleep/drowsiness prior to sleep, I'd get energy rushes that were like bolts of lightening. That has only happened a couple of times and I didn't pass out from it...

Paul, about those farmed fish....you wouldn't believe what some of them are fed...you're probably wise not to eat them unless you know the source & quality, etc.  And thanks for the comment about home-made yogurt. I used to make mine for years and just stopped---should start that again..very good stuff.

Light and Love,
Kathy

alan

Vortex
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2006, 04:52:55 PM »
I'm with you on the organic[:)]

Don't want to stop caffeine[:(]

Hardly ever bite a murdered animal[xx(]

Peace, alan

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
Vortex
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2006, 12:28:00 AM »
quote:
I was a teen I used to get violent energy rushes that would make me pass out for a moment. I'd find myself on the floor or in a shrubbery

Alan,
Don't know if these were kundalini related. My daughter has had these since she was 2 years old.. strangely.. just once a year... she too passes out for just a bit.. almost like paralyzed..  Knock on wood.. hasn't happened in the last 3 years...
The first time I did not even realize what happened.. now when I think of it I know it was the same thing.. The next time we went to the emergency room.. of course by the time they saw her 2 hrs had passed.. so even if there was something to be found.. they could not.. went through a bunch of tests... nothing...
Then one time this happened in school and the school nurse hounded me till I saw a neurologist.. multiple CAT scans, multiple MRIs, Angiogram, three sleep tests, gazillion blood tests.. that poor kid.. anyway.. there was nothing wrong with her.. so the neurologist ruled it borderline epilepsy brought on by migraine headaches.  I have no clue what it was.. but it is gone now (I hope)..

alan

Vortex
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2006, 01:22:47 AM »
Scary when our babies are in trauma and 'out of our hands'. I hope things stay smooth there, Shweta. But hey, she is a yogin's girl. Perhaps it's kundalini[:)]

Scott

• http://www.theonebreath.com
Vortex
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2006, 11:12:18 AM »
Alan,

That sounds to me like oxygen not getting to your brain.  Your doctor said it was blood rushing to your head, but I think it was that the blood was rushing to other places in the body...it can be especially bad if you are sitting for too long then stand up too quickly.  I used to get this as well, and I don't think it's kundalini.  I think it was a sign of poor perfusion (oxygen being carried into your tissues).

But perhaps I'm wrong!

-Scott

alan

Vortex
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2006, 12:57:42 PM »
Hi Scott

Yes I think you're right. It was thirty years ago and the doc said something about blood.

But I'm thinking the skin rashes of late might be due to the practices...but not really sure.

Peace, alan