Author Topic: Self-Pacing for a Roommate or Spouse  (Read 1162 times)

yogani

• AYP Plus
Self-Pacing for a Roommate or Spouse
« on: March 26, 2006, 05:26:49 AM »
quote:
Near said: I have a doubt, hope someone can help me out here. When I meditate there is some pain in my roommate's ajna chakra. What do I do about it? self-pace?

Hi Near:

Though maybe this was offered in jest in relation to a private discussion [:)], it is an interesting question, and not so far-fetched. There have been several couples who have written me over the past few years with this very issue. And, indeed, one person would sometimes end up self-pacing practices for the benefit of the other.

The other alternative is for the roommate to self-pace by putting a safe distance between themselves and the source of the intense spiritual light. That has happened also.

Is yoga tricky, or what? And we are only scratching the surface.

This is a real issue for couples and others in close proximity who are on the path. Anyone with examples, feel free to post...  

The guru is in you.

Yoda

Self-Pacing for a Roommate or Spouse
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 01:36:02 AM »
I think that friends and family have two choices when one practices:  they can change the way they interact with you or they can leave.

In my own practice, other people are sort of the back up warning system.  If I'm not sensitive to my own vibrational imbalance initially, it'll start to show up in the way others interact with me.  If I don't like it, I need to change my practice, self-pace, etc.  So family, friends, clients are good to have around.[:)]

I've noticed that my family, friends and clients are all changing for the better now that I'm doing AYP.  Before AYP, I didn't know what all the buttons, pedals of this here chariot were for... so I was lurching about from rut to ditch a fair amount.  Now I'm able to stay on the road for longer stretches.  Pre-AYP reminds me of the first time that my pal and I surreptiously took Dad's car out for a spin.[:)]