Author Topic: Today's Meditation  (Read 248 times)

AYPadmin

Today's Meditation
« on: April 24, 2019, 10:47:08 AM »
sunyata
USA
1386 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2016 :  9:16:25 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Today I got the opportunity to meditate with a meditation teacher. He has been meditating since 1974. Silence and compassion flowing through him. The room was saturated with his presence.

When it was my turn to speak to the group- I was overwhelmed by divine joy. It had started to amp up when I entered the room, his presence was having that affect.

I spoke about the never ending divine joy that is poured into us with daily practice. And, that the joy is illuminated further in the constant dance of giving and receiving.

He put his hand on his heart and said yes and then my heart exploded with even more Love. I got emotional. Hopefully I didn't scare the new meditators. They were there to find peace and I didn't want my tears to make them think otherwise. I apologized and said they were tears of joy.

I feel so lucky to meet these divine beings.Just felt like sharing.

Edited by - sunyata on Jul 16 2016 9:27:26 PM
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2016 :  10:03:37 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
That's awesome.  What kind of group was it (Buddhist, yoga, something else)?
Go to Top of Page
sunyata
USA
1386 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2016 :  10:25:31 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
It was at my yoga studio. They offer Saturday donation meditation. I have been going there for over 2 years but never made to this class.

He taught pranayam (basic breathe in to the count of 5 and breathe out to the count of 5), breath meditation and self inquiry.
I just practiced breath meditation with solar centering when he was teaching.
I wanted to enjoy the presence as much as I could 

Edited by - sunyata on Jul 16 2016 10:50:30 PM
Go to Top of Page
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2016 :  10:34:37 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Excellent. Glad you made it. He sounds like the real deal. Thank you for the report.
Go to Top of Page
sunyata
USA
1386 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2016 :  10:44:30 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Yes, he was. It was a nice gift to receive.
Go to Top of Page
Charliedog
1528 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2016 :  02:53:15 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata
I just practiced breath meditation with solar centering when he was teaching.
I wanted to enjoy the presence as much as I could 

Love you Sunyata
Go to Top of Page
sunyata
USA
1386 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2016 :  07:18:22 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Love you too, Charliedog
Go to Top of Page
Dogboy
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2016 :  10:45:55 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
You're like a fountain, I'm getting wet 
Go to Top of Page
sunyata
USA
1386 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2016 :  08:20:47 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

You're like a fountain, I'm getting wet