Author Topic: Mantra Comes.  (Read 817 times)

aditya

Mantra Comes.
« on: April 21, 2007, 04:30:02 AM »
Hi Wise ones!

Pranam! I was off this forum for a while, but looks like pearls of wisdom are pouring in the same way as it always used to.

I would like to share an experience that I had last week while meditating. I heard someone say in my meditatation - "Chant this mantra" (in Hindi) and then the mantra followed. It is small, four words - Sanskrit. I am not giving it out here. It is construct of Mantra (which I have never heard before the experience):

NounA AdverbA
NounB AdverbA

NounA can be deciphered based on analysis of Indian mythology, but was not obvious to me - someone helped me get that.

I never had this mantra in my life, although I have done chanting for a while. When I chant it - I end up finally with NounB AdverbA.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Other than that - my practices have gone down in last 3-4 months, due to excessive workload, but somehow I still do 1 meditation a day on average.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 05:17:10 AM by aditya »

aditya

Mantra Comes.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 11:55:27 PM »
No one? I am surprised!

meenarashid

Mantra Comes.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 12:10:58 AM »
aum sorta

one mantra that came to me in meditation is english but powerful

in hale = i know
ex hale= nothing
laughing

Blue Opal

Mantra Comes.
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 12:16:24 AM »
Hahaha, Sanskrit is my pet subject, but I am not sure I even understood your question.

aditya

Mantra Comes.
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 05:14:26 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Opal

Hahaha, Sanskrit is my pet subject, but I am not sure I even understood your question.

Sorry if that was not clear wise one!

Perhaps I should have made my question bold in first go.

Thanks.

aditya

Mantra Comes.
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 05:54:48 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by meenarashid

aum sorta

one mantra that came to me in meditation is english but powerful

in hale = i know
ex hale= nothing
laughing

Thanks for reply. I don't know what do you mean by a Mantra being powerful? Do you mean the vibration, that it starts, is too strong to handle? If that is the case then allow me elaborate my experience when I chant this mantra. It just takes me - like a cork flowing on water comes up and down and even without realizing, perhaps, flows with the stream. When I finish - I have a little heaviniess in my head and sleeping gets tougher, even if chanting and meditation was done a while ago.

meenarashid

Mantra Comes.
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 01:33:37 AM »
aum

well= i know nothing!

no not the vibrations i dont think

but reminding myself i really know nothing

smiling at ya

aum

gaja lakshmi

Mantra Comes.
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 12:56:15 PM »
I think your past life guru  is passing this mantra to you
and he wants you chant this mantra which he wish to pass his wisdom to you
in hindu we knew mantra is a vibraion which leads devottee to comunicate and recive energy from gods and gurus wisdom to our jeeva
i think after you chant this mantra you will start to reciving his teaching and wisdom

aditya

Mantra Comes.
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 01:53:40 PM »
Thanks a lot Gaja Lakshmi. It is simple and such wonderful explanation.

Reminds me of a saying in Hindi - "goad main bachcha - shahar main dhindhora" - which literally means kid is in the lap and you are searching whole town. Thanks again.

aditya

Mantra Comes.
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 10:29:13 PM »
Folks I guess there is something more to it. Help me out if anyone ever had similar experience.

I hear sound of people in my meditation. There is one male and one female's voice - both are very polished in selection of words and their tone is very graceful. Sometimes afterwards (after meditation is over), I remember that they were speaking but most of the time conversation slips out of my mind within few minutes. (yes even in awake state!) Only thing I remember is a feeling that something was being talked about. Usually male voice is the lead in conversation and perhaps both are talking to me (and not sure who else). This happens after seeing lights and perhaps 5-10 minutes after that. Usually to see light - I have to sit anywhere between 5-20 minutes in meditation. After this starts (hearing sound) - I probably do not see light (or maybe I do).

Please please please help me with pointers - I have searched google and whatever I could lay my hands on, so many times. It is more bothering than lights. What is this thing? What is going on? Am I stuck? How to move past it? Is there anything of importance in journey at this point? Help!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 11:19:00 PM by aditya »

weaver

Mantra Comes.
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 12:22:15 AM »
Hi aditya,

It's common to hear voices or see imagery during meditation. It can also be experienced during the hypnagogic state, or half-sleep state when going to sleep, or if we induce it otherwise. Some explain these phenomena as coming from the sub-conscious, and some say they originate from other planes of existence. Yogani also speaks of higher and lower beings that we may become aware of during meditation.

Regardless of their origin, in AYP we treat any stimuli or impressions that come up during practice as "scenery", as something not to put importance to, but rather we continue with the practice we are currently doing. So, in meditation we continue with the mantra. If we want to further investigate the significance of scenery, we can do it outside of the standard practice sessions.

aditya

Mantra Comes.
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 10:45:55 AM »
Hi weaver,

Thank you so much. I read Yogani's lesson on topic many times. Even though I had read it before - without experience it was nothing more than a novel. This time - I could feel it better.

Now I am dipped in something else. If we are supposed to let pass all 'scenery' - what are we supposed to see at the end of this journey? If we withdraw from everything - what do we see/feel/hear when we reach 'the' stage? Is it a resultless nihilistic pursuit?

weaver

Mantra Comes.
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 02:12:53 PM »
If we are supposed to let pass all 'scenery' - what are we supposed to see at the end of this journey? If we withdraw from everything - what do we see/feel/hear when we reach 'the' stage? Is it a resultless nihilistic pursuit?

Hi aditya,

You are welcome! It's important to note that it's only during the practice itself that we give preference to the practice over other things that may come up in our awareness. Also, note that we don't try to suppress anything else, just easily go back to the meditation, or whatever practice we are doing. We are not trying to withdraw from other impressions or trying to close in our mind on the mantra. Giving preference to the practice makes sense, because otherwise, if we give preference to other things, then essentially we are not doing the practice.

Regarding to what we might see or experience, or the 'scenery', according to AYP, we are free to investigate this at any time outside of practice, other circumstances permitting. This will of course be different from person to person because we are individuals. But, in general terms, the more we purify our nervous system, the more subtle impressions our senses can perceive. And, not only senses, also our awareness in general will be able to 'know' and 'understand' more. Or, we can say that we become more open to what already is when we clean off obstructions from our consciousness. If you want examples of 'spiritual experiences', then it may be easiest to search for this in Google. Many see the goal of the spiritual path as realizing oneness with God or all life, although I don't think there is any final 'stage'. I see God, all life, and all 'beings' as able to transcend themselves indefinitely.

aditya

Mantra Comes.
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 09:34:15 PM »
Thanks weaver - the point is clearer now.