Author Topic: The effect of marijuana on kundalini  (Read 467 times)

AYPadmin

The effect of marijuana on kundalini
« on: April 17, 2020, 08:47:19 AM »
redbushlighter
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2019 :  1:10:48 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Hey all,

I'd like to get a discussion going of the effects of marijuana on kundalini. My kundalini awoke prematurely last february, and besides a break here in there, I have been smoking almost every night since. I know this isn't recommended, it's something I struggle with. It's the only drug I do, besides lsd and mushrooms from time to time.

Anyways, I'd like to get a clearer picture on what marijuana does to the subtle energy system and kundalini. I've found that when I wake up after a night of smoking, my brain area feels dehydrated almost? Like it's dry and there's a dull pain. I'd never gotten this before my awakening (perhaps it was there but I wasn't aware of it.) I'm getting the sense that is disturbs the flow of energy in the body, because I generally have a harder time meditating after a night of smoking. Pranayama becomes more difficult too.

Anyone have experience/insight they'd like to share? I suppose i'm seeking more perspective cause I want to stop smoking, I know intuitively it's not conducive to a wholesome practice. I'm hoping more insight might push me to replace this habit with a better one (like more yoga!)

Thanks!

Edited by - AYPforum on Oct 07 2019 10:47:58 AM

AYPforum
351 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2019 :  10:47:58 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement

Blanche
USA
606 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2019 :  07:03:09 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hello RBL,

Thank you for sharing your experience. While we could speculate about the effects of marihuana on kundalini, one thing is clear: This is not supporting the process of spiritual transformation. It is at least a delay in the journey, if not a complete deviation from the course. You are right to consider to stop using marijuana.

Here is a thread started by someone looking to stop smoking:
https://www.aypsite.com/forum/

And here is a thread about the 12 Step Programs for Compulsive/Addictive Behavior:
https://www.aypsite.com/forum/

Hope you find these useful and give them a try!
Best wishes on your path!

yogani
USA
5171 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2019 :  09:49:50 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit yogani's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
And this: https://www.aypsite.com/307.html

The guru is in you.

redbushlighter
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2019 :  2:42:55 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thank you Blanche and yogani for your replies. This is what I needed to hear.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 10:01:11 AM by AYPadmin »