Author Topic: Grounding questions  (Read 149 times)

AYPadmin

Grounding questions
« on: September 27, 2019, 01:41:38 PM »
Cato
Germany
48 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2018 :  3:24:11 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Hi all,

I read a lot about grounding around here. It is about going for long walks, being in touch with earth, even cold showers and so on.

I would like to know if the aspects that usually are regarded as counterproductive to the process can be seen as grounding, too. I'm talking about
drinking alcohol (in moderation)
semen loss (sex, masturbation or whatever (in moderation))
eating a heavy diet etc.

Can these things be regarded as grounding when you are in a bit of an overload?

BlueRaincoat
United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2018 :  11:48:07 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hello Cato

Semen loss and eating heavier foods are means of managing energetic overload. No so with alcohol, which can be stimulating in small quantities and harmful if consumed to excess.

If you notice that you are overloading, you should also consider self-pacing your yoga practice. We all have different levels of sensitivity to practices. One size does not fit all.

All the best
Go to Top of Page
Cato
Germany
48 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2018 :  2:55:49 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Semen loss and eating heavier foods are means of managing energetic overload. No so with alcohol, which can be stimulating in small quantities and harmful if consumed to excess.

Interesting. I have never read semen loss as an advice to people with massive overload in other threads. Is there a reason this is not recommended?

You say alcohol is stimulating in small quantities and harmful if consumed to excess. Sounds just like the usual effects we know from alcohol. Does it mean it has no special relevance to AYP as long as you stick to moderate consumption?
Go to Top of Page
BlueRaincoat
United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2018 :  3:22:47 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Cato
Interesting. I have never read semen loss as an advice to people with massive overload in other threads.

There are mentions of it. Maybe it's put the other way round most of the time, like this:
quote:
Originally posted by yogani
8. Is your sexual lifestyle affecting your symptoms? Are you aware that obsessively limiting sexual release can increase kundalini energy and symptoms?

Alcohol consumption does have relevance to advanced yoga practice. Many of us here who have been practicing for a number of years can no longer tolerate it, even in small quantities. Pretty much anything that interferes with nervous activity has an unpleasant effect and yogis begin to notice it sooner or later. If you don't notice unpleasant effects from drinking alcohol, then there is no reason to be harsh on yourself and cut it out completely (assuming that you do enjoy drinking a small amount every now and then). But don't use it as a method for managing energetic overload. It won't do anything of the sort.