Author Topic: Trying to understand experiences  (Read 90 times)

AYPadmin

Trying to understand experiences
« on: September 17, 2019, 12:07:54 PM »
reidmantra
United Arab Emirates
48 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2015 :  10:04:44 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Hello all. Reidmantra here. I am an under-sensitive meditator that has been practicing AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama for a couple of years. Normally when I practice these two techniques I experience just peace and relaxation but lately, things have begun to change. In meditation when I repeat my mantra it feels like the `I' part of the sound wants to go out of my fore-head but my the flesh and bones in my head are blocking it from escaping. The `AM' part feels like it is going down my throat. Also within a few minutes of meditating, (parts) not all of my body begin to feel light or spacious and the feeling comes and goes during my 20 min meditation session. When I am doing Samyama my body experiences an extremely subtle, very light pulsation like something is moving within me. It does not feel blissful or non-blissful its just a pulsation. Can anyone please tell me how to interpret these experiences. Any and all responses would be appreciated and welcomed. Thank you in advance. -Reidmantra
Dogboy
USA
1614 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2015 :  10:35:19 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hello again, Reidmantra,

quote:
Can anyone please tell me how to interpret these experiences.

Your meditation may not be "under" anymore! Rather than trying to interpret, it is better to witness sensation, not let the mind try to shape it. My meditations now are very sensual and I follow along and be with it. Each sitting can present a new wonder, tingle, gurgle, caress...I strive to stay light in my being and surrender all efforting. You are changing before your eyes; enjoy the show. There really is no need for interpretation, trust that the kundalini will do the work your vessal needs. All you need to do is honor your daily practice.

These sensations are your efforts being rewarded, your tree is bearing fruit. Once you get "under from under-sensitive", you will then employ self pacing and "less is more".
Edited by - Dogboy on Sep 05 2015 10:37:58 PM
Go to Top of Page
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  12:05:01 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Normal symptoms. All is vibration moving across stillness. Many flavors, many layers. Therefore, interpret all sensations as products of purification and opening. The obstructions are being purified; the channels are opening to the flow of pure bliss consciousness. Progress!

As Dogboy mentioned, you are clearly developing more sensitivity, so this is good. Enjoy the ride, and self-pace as necessary.

Godspeed.
Go to Top of Page
Ecdyonurus
Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  05:31:34 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Sounds very good, reidmantra!

Don'try to interpret or understand those experiences, just do your parctices.

Experiences will come and go.

In my first months of AYP I had a lot of experiences, during and after practices. Had to self pace a couple of times. Now things are smooth. But I can imagine that later on the path I will go through different phases. Who knows.

So far, I can say that the only thing that never change is that the quality of my daily life improves.
Go to Top of Page
ak33
Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  10:22:50 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
All advice given here and usually any thread like this can be summarized in one sentence:

Keep practising and don't worry so much
Go to Top of Page
Dogboy
USA
1614 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  10:24:50 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Scary how simple it is