Author Topic: failure to surrender to life  (Read 85 times)

AYPadmin

failure to surrender to life
« on: September 09, 2019, 11:23:17 AM »
joseph
117 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2015 :  10:15:01 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
I've noticed that my mind regards spirituality in general as a sign of weakness in a person; notably, myself. I'm getting a lot of resistance from it and wanted to ask if anyone has had this problem also.

It's like the mind's saying that to live in harmony with others and with life is a weakness. My relationships with others have never been good and I suspect this as being part of the reason; failure to really trust them, or connect with them properly. Needing to be in control of situations. It sounds like a good thing, to be in control, but the control puts a barrier between me and everything else.

What it is is that the mind is afraid of becoming empty, innocent, like the lamb in the bible. It thinks it's better to be a lion - in control. Unfortunately for the mind it's more spiritual to be a soft innocent little lamb. I always thought it was a poor metaphor in the bible, because lions are just better - the king of the animals, and also people who have the correspondingly powerful and discriminative mind are in many ways better off in this world. But maybe that's not the case so much now, but it was centuries and millennia ago when it was survival of the fittest, but those mind patterns are still very much alive. So do we need to let them all go? That's what the mind will fight against.
Edited by - joseph on Jul 22 2015 09:33:47 AM
BlueRaincoat
United Kingdom
1499 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2015 :  11:14:54 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Dear Joseph, you are what you are.

"Lion" and "lamb" are indeed just labels the conceptual mind is putting over that reality, obscuring it.
I hope your yoga journey will soon reveal to you who you truly are. Then all the labels will fall off; the need to attach labels will disappear too.

Godspeed!
Go to Top of Page
BlueRaincoat
United Kingdom
1499 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2015 :  11:24:25 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
You do know this realisation of yours is a sign of progress, right? That is the Witness spotting the tendency of the mind to attach labels. Just being aware of this happening means that you are no longer identified with your conceptual thinking.
Go to Top of Page
joseph
117 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2015 :  09:33:13 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
 You're most helpful, Blue Raincoat

Actually an hour after writing that I was walking around the playing field and all labels did fall off completely. The few people present weren't separate either. It was a nice experience
Go to Top of Page
BlueRaincoat
United Kingdom
1499 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2015 :  3:17:17 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Sounds wonderful!
And did that change the lens through which you're looking at this world a bit?