Author Topic: On the importance of a good comunity  (Read 88 times)

AYPadmin

On the importance of a good comunity
« on: September 09, 2019, 11:07:49 AM »
Anibaru
Chile
72 Posts

Posted - May 25 2015 :  09:07:46 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share some thoughts

It's been something like 3 years for me AYP, in which i tried
the techniques.

About 2 years later i was able to reach stage 2 Kechari.

So yesterday i saw this movie "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead 2" and the biggest cause for
dieting/fasting failure is to do it without support from a group of persons (a community)

When i started trying to do Kechari i was very motivated by the community here, there were
discussions, drawings, descriptions, opinions etc etc.

But right now i saw no further improvement with Kechari, i haven't
entered it in about 3 months (but i still do frenum elongation exercises).

So, to people doing progress, keep shouting and writing here as much as possible so you
can get as much feedback as you can!. Tell everyone about your
sensations, progress, feelings questions (at least in this forum)
That can do a lot for your spiritual practices.

With Kechari i wanted to reach something.
Maybe i should resume my quest to taste the Amrita?

Blessings to everyone!

Dogboy
USA
1614 Posts

Posted - May 25 2015 :  11:01:18 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:

Reaching and questing, and disappointment at your stage of Ketchari; perhaps simply surrendering to "what is" as you continue your practices might break through this plateau. Progress comes as much from 'not doing' as from 'doing' your steadfast practice, oh lovely paradox!
Go to Top of Page
adishivayogi
USA
197 Posts

Posted - May 25 2015 :  3:30:59 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
yeh forget about results. keep doing kechari, go up higher when u feel the inspiration to do so. keep practicing. it really is almost too simple to please our questioning minds
Go to Top of Page
Toto
Norway
20 Posts

Posted - May 28 2015 :  07:42:10 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anibaru

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share some thoughts

It's been something like 3 years for me AYP, in which i tried
the techniques.

About 2 years later i was able to reach stage 2 Kechari.

So yesterday i saw this movie "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead 2" and the biggest cause for
dieting/fasting failure is to do it without support from a group of persons (a community)

When i started trying to do Kechari i was very motivated by the community here, there were
discussions, drawings, descriptions, opinions etc etc.

But right now i saw no further improvement with Kechari, i haven't
entered it in about 3 months (but i still do frenum elongation exercises).

So, to people doing progress, keep shouting and writing here as much as possible so you
can get as much feedback as you can!. Tell everyone about your
sensations, progress, feelings questions (at least in this forum)
That can do a lot for your spiritual practices.

Blessings to everyone!

I wil and thank you for your advice.
Edited by - Toto on May 28 2015 07:58:14 AM
Go to Top of Page
Charliedog
1562 Posts

Posted - May 28 2015 :  08:47:54 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anibaru

One day the wanting will be Kechari...that's the moment.

Till then, go on with your daily practice. Enjoy the desire for what it is, desire....

Edited by - Charliedog on May 28 2015 10:45:16 AM
Go to Top of Page
Blanche
USA
560 Posts

Posted - May 29 2015 :  07:18:43 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hello Anibaru,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It sounds to me like you made a lot of progress in three years. And you are already at Kechari 2. I know people who spent decades to make any progress in ketchari. The present conditions on our planet are accelerating spiritual progress. Things that took me three years to reach with intense practice twenty years ago take now 6 months or less, with moderate practice.

Sometimes progress is very settled, and it might be difficult to realize what it is happening. I find that keeping a daily journal is useful to track my practice. Reading books, both in yoga and in other traditions, inspires one to keep up with the practice. Look up the "Extended Booklist" in the left column of this page. You can find a list of interesting movies to watch on the AYP Forum, under Books, Movies, etc. Talking with other yoga practitioners supports and gives new insights. Maybe the most effective way to deeply learn and support your practice is by teaching other people. You might have friends who ask you: "What are you doing? You seem so calm and happy." Or maybe you go to a yoga studio, and meet people who might like to learn to meditate. The more active you engage with the path, the easier it is to follow it.

Best wishes for your journey. Let us know how you are doing.
Edited by - Blanche on May 29 2015 07:25:28 AM