Author Topic: A new vision!  (Read 1842 times)

Scott

• http://www.theonebreath.com
A new vision!
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2006, 03:47:24 PM »
Sounds somewhat like the star, which is discussed.  Is this what you think it is, Aditya?

aditya

A new vision!
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 11:24:13 PM »
Yes that seems to me what is termed as star. The difference betweem earlier ones and this one was that prior to this one - I used to see many small dots and I was unable to concentrate even for a fraction of second. This time - I just saw one light center and I could concentrate on it for a short while. :-)

aditya

A new vision!
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 10:55:11 PM »
I see that spot rotating clockwise from my side. I have read it in several places that it should be other way round. How ae you folks seeing it - clockwise or anticlockwise?

Fix for swaying vision - you need to 'see' with the side in which spot moves. You may lose the sight of it altogether but eventually it will dance in front of your eyes - steadily. But time for answer to my question now! Anyone?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 11:15:05 PM by aditya »

aditya

A new vision!
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2006, 04:25:32 AM »
I am posting this for someone who may visit these pages in future looking for answers to the same questions!

Once the spot gets rotating in the center - it revolves both ways - clockwise as well as anti-clockwise. You need to check it twice with one breathe each. (or one cycle each). Perhaps there are two spots (or stars) - moving in opposite directions - one for each eye and they are out of focus. Whenever you see both together (get in focus) - then you see something very different - it is a beauty. What is it? Well, I will leave it for the time being - if I tell you may be biased and try to see it. Let it come naturally.

Maybe there is something beyond this as well - so let me continue on!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 04:40:34 AM by aditya »

Scott

A new vision!
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2006, 05:23:47 AM »
You asked how others see it.  I am not sure if I actually see the star, but most of the time I do see a spot of light.  It changes colors.  I haven't noticed it rotating, or if there are two that come together.  Sometimes there are multiple spots.  Shweta told me it may be something wrong with my vision...I think I agree with her.  Seeing this thing certainly isn't helpful to me at all.

aditya

A new vision!
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2006, 08:10:05 AM »
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your post - they are always helpful. If you do not mind - may I ask you - why do you think seeing was not helpful? Did you try to go beyond? Possible that if you cross - you may see something real good?

Scott

A new vision!
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2006, 01:12:02 PM »
I don't mind...I guess the only really helpful thing is for me to stop wanting to see something really good.  It'd be helpful if I didn't need such things...if I could be at peace without any spiritual experience.  I did try to go beyond...had some weird mystical experiences, but nothing that I found worthwhile.

I figure, if I see heaven in an out of body experience, I will still have my bad feelings and I will still come back to this human body on this earth and "chop wood and carry water".

So I guess the only thing I find helpful from any spiritual practice is the satisfaction and contentment I feel...not any experiences.  But to each his own.

sadhak

A new vision!
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2007, 02:49:34 PM »
Hi Aditya, Scott, anybody who's still looking at this,

I was doing a search for 'tratak' on the forum, and came upon this thread.

Interesting that you are doing tratak and see all those lights. Tratak opens up that sort of internal vision. Of course, from the pov of ayp, you just disregard it. gaze and move on. Getting entangled with the 'scenery' will make you stop your car. And we all want to keep moving on.

My interest in tratak is to see whether it is a valid add on to our current practices since it augments sambhavi. I am not actively practicing sambhavi, but it comes on automatically now and then, and I don't deliberately move away from it, if it is for short seconds.

What sort of tratak do you do? Would be glad to know of anybody's practice notes on this wrt ayp meditation.

Jim and His Karma

A new vision!
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2007, 04:38:57 PM »
It's good to bear in mind that visions, automatic yogas, sounds, etc, that happen in practices are just manifestations of obstructions being cleared out. As Yogani says, they're not of great significance, it's just side effect.

In fact, they can be a problem if they distract your attention (they're like sirens), or if they become things that you feel like you need to have happen for your meditation to be right. It's all stuff to let go of, and simply let the mantra do you as the cosmic barber trims your hair.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 04:40:27 PM by Jim and His Karma »

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
A new vision!
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 11:56:19 AM »
I had a similar vision; someone was blowing a huge, beautiful bubble, then this guy walked by and popped it!

aditya

A new vision!
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2007, 01:45:50 PM »

Hi Sadhak - accomplished one!

I cannot suggest if there is any value addition with tratak. But one thing is for sure - it helps with sinus. Mine used to open up in few minutes. The after effect of tratak was that I would see a light wherever I place my vision in next few hours.

I was regular in tratak because I wanted to know what is in it! I found it interesting whenever I did it. Imagine a light moving in front of your eyes without any light source and only you can see it. Another thing that happened is that now in last few months I am able to see light in meditation without effort. Sometime even by closing my eye - I am able to see bright yellow light. The size is roughly that of a small apple or maybe a little smaller. Take it a larger lemon for better measures. But nothing changes in life really. Another thing that might interest you and if you come across any article stating this narration - let me know. When I was regular in tratak some sort of yellow light would start coming out of the  body. Mine was finger tips where it happened. I searched net but could not find anything. The light would come at its own and you cannot control it. Once I was chatting with my wife and I had put my hand on a paper that I was reading, she jumped and said that she thinks some light or shade is coming from my finger tips. I had never told her this as I was afraid that she would think I am nuts. (well that I am anyway). It happens even now but with much diminished frequency.

My tratak was simple - take a candle light it. Put it in a clean place. I would use our praying area. I do not do prayers, so for me it was a different experience - sitting in front of pictures which were not so meaningful for me. But I had no aversion either. I would sit in easy clothes and would watch flame for as long as I can. Best has been around 15 minutes, but median was around 8-12 minutes. Initially it was less than a minute but it increase very fast - 5-6 is easy to attain then you need more self control and you will have to push yourself. When you reach 10+ - you will need to maintain it. After a while it becomes easy for you. Pranayam helped a lot in setting the stage. In fact a good deal of Pranayam (20 minutes) will make a big difference. I think spinal breathing will do the same on your body and so will Yoganidra. But for me Pranayam worked better.

If I will have a reason to go back to Tratak - I will. Even if I don't get a reason - I will do it when I find uninterrupted time of 30 minutes and a calm mind + awake body. It is hard for me due to my other obligations with life(call Karma).

Hope this helps.

quote:
Originally posted by sadhak

Hi Aditya, Scott, anybody who's still looking at this,

I was doing a search for 'tratak' on the forum, and came upon this thread.

Interesting that you are doing tratak and see all those lights. Tratak opens up that sort of internal vision. Of course, from the pov of ayp, you just disregard it. gaze and move on. Getting entangled with the 'scenery' will make you stop your car. And we all want to keep moving on.

My interest in tratak is to see whether it is a valid add on to our current practices since it augments sambhavi. I am not actively practicing sambhavi, but it comes on automatically now and then, and I don't deliberately move away from it, if it is for short seconds.

What sort of tratak do you do? Would be glad to know of anybody's practice notes on this wrt ayp meditation.

sadhak

A new vision!
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2007, 04:26:54 PM »
Hi Aditya,
(I'm certainly not accomplished in any manner ... [:)] 'sadhak' is one who studies, or does 'sadhana' like millions others. Everybody is a sadhak).

Thank you kindly for your practice notes on tratak. Did you do it with AYP or not? No matter...because you've stopped it in-between, and starting now will load your ayp meditation schedule.

There is also something about the correct distance between the flame and your eyes: I have had from one expert that it is exactly 2 feet. The flame should be at eye level. And the flame of a wick in clarified butter (ghee) gives different results from a candle flame or oil flame. The flame should be steady, and not wavering (so a draft free spot)

When I used to do tratak, I held on for max 10 mins. Usually 5 mins was enough. But I deliberately didn't want to prolong it. Also, after the gazing, I closed my eyes (as per instructions) and saw the flame or light at the ajna for a minute or so, and then filled my mouth with cool water, held it and spat it out. The water that came out used to unusually warm. The last step is advised to cool down. Otherwise you run the risk of 'over heating'. Swallowing that water is asking for trouble too.

The perception of lights after tratak, and during meditation, was also my experience, which is why I am looking at it again.

As for your seeing the light coming out of your fingers, I am unable to quote any one source, but have the impression from the various things I've read and listened to, that it might have been  the result of your pineal gland activation. Why your wife could see it, I don't want to theorise... maybe someone here can offer a plausible explanation. But practices do make your general aura brighter, and the prana flows better... ocassionaly someone perceives this other than in your behaviour (i.e., physically).  But ultimately, if it doesn't reflect on the organism's dealing with the world, and it's behaviour, I'd conclude all the phenomena is of only academic interest. And I guess we all want results.

[:I]Heck, did I really say that... correction... we all should be just doing what has to be without wanting anything. (Whew, this whole spiritual trip can trip you up. Sometimes I get nervous just opening my mouth, about what's coming out of it. [:p])

If I restart tratak, will let you know here how it impacts the gen. ayp meditation. I'm verrrrry catious about starting anything new after all my former experiences.[;)] But would like to know if anybody is doing it now, and what they are experiencing... wouldn't you?

aditya

A new vision!
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2007, 11:39:55 PM »

Hi Sadhak,

Thanks for sharing. I know you are accomplished and that is why I referred you as accomplised one. [:)]

I did tratak without any expert help and by reading various people on internet. I experimented with various aspects of the same. Distance - you are correct - two feet is good for people with normal vision. My eyesight is myopic so for me 2 feet would have been straining(it was). So I adjusted it to roughly 3-4 feets. It was not on the level of eye really - that was again because of slight cylindrical vision with my eyes. HE did not put his best effort in creating me you see.[;)] But then you are right on this one too.

Ghee is nice thing to have - I tried with ghee lamp as well. Flame was very susceptible to movement with slightest air and was pretty distracting. But I guess it would have definitely yielded better results.

I am not sure why my wife could see it and people will scoff if I suggest that she could see it due to her religious and pure way of life. But then I also feel that anyone with reasonable clarity could have seen that shade/light - it was so clear.

I shouldn't have said that nothing happened to me with tratak. It helped me concentrate. I could feel myself turning inwards and I could see my anger getting reins. Sometimes (again involuntarily) I get a feel of things before they happen and get a feel of people before I start talking. Also I get a feel for people who are accomplished or who are about to gain something, sometimes by talking if the person is disturbed etc or even lost. Sometimes I can feel that person is arguing for the heck of it and how to be more polite to make him/her introspect. Then I get a feel that I am also being 'watched' for my feelings by others without knowing. It is not scary - it is just a natural feerless thing - accept it. Sometimes dreams become meaningful too. I hope I did not get carried away too far in elaborating.

I will try the water thing with next tratak.

I do ayp as part of my practices but it is not all. In fact I am not sure if I have enough faith to pursue from all sides, but spinal breathing and followed by a merging in meditation is what is daily must for me. Other than that I do Pranayam for sure.

I agree to what you said in last part of your post. I would like to hear from people too and if possible have an insight on Sun and moon tratak as well.

quote:
Originally posted by sadhak

Hi Aditya,
(I'm certainly not accomplished in any manner ... [:)] 'sadhak' is one who studies, or does 'sadhana' like millions others. Everybody is a sadhak).

Thank you kindly for your practice notes on tratak. Did you do it with AYP or not? No matter...because you've stopped it in-between, and starting now will load your ayp meditation schedule.

There is also something about the correct distance between the flame and your eyes: I have had from one expert that it is exactly 2 feet. The flame should be at eye level. And the flame of a wick in clarified butter (ghee) gives different results from a candle flame or oil flame. The flame should be steady, and not wavering (so a draft free spot)

When I used to do tratak, I held on for max 10 mins. Usually 5 mins was enough. But I deliberately didn't want to prolong it. Also, after the gazing, I closed my eyes (as per instructions) and saw the flame or light at the ajna for a minute or so, and then filled my mouth with cool water, held it and spat it out. The water that came out used to unusually warm. The last step is advised to cool down. Otherwise you run the risk of 'over heating'. Swallowing that water is asking for trouble too.

The perception of lights after tratak, and during meditation, was also my experience, which is why I am looking at it again.

As for your seeing the light coming out of your fingers, I am unable to quote any one source, but have the impression from the various things I've read and listened to, that it might have been  the result of your pineal gland activation. Why your wife could see it, I don't want to theorise... maybe someone here can offer a plausible explanation. But practices do make your general aura brighter, and the prana flows better... ocassionaly someone perceives this other than in your behaviour (i.e., physically).  But ultimately, if it doesn't reflect on the organism's dealing with the world, and it's behaviour, I'd conclude all the phenomena is of only academic interest. And I guess we all want results.

[:I]Heck, did I really say that... correction... we all should be just doing what has to be without wanting anything. (Whew, this whole spiritual trip can trip you up. Sometimes I get nervous just opening my mouth, about what's coming out of it. [:p])

If I restart tratak, will let you know here how it impacts the gen. ayp meditation. I'm verrrrry catious about starting anything new after all my former experiences.[;)] But would like to know if anybody is doing it now, and what they are experiencing... wouldn't you?