Author Topic: 110 pitfalls to enlightenment  (Read 1335 times)

Wolfgang

• http://www.odysseyofthesoul.de
110 pitfalls to enlightenment
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 08:04:01 PM »
Ascension/enlightenment - its all the same for me, but of course it depends on each
individual what it means to him/her.
quote:
109. The trap of trying to achieve ascension to escape one's problems.

There are some who strive for ascension and what they really want is to leave this world.
But real ascension/enlightenment is to live in the world.
So yes, I am looking for a spiritual solution, but I also need to find
the balance between heaven and earth.
Easier written than done ...

newpov

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 10:45:54 PM »
Hi all,

Simplification comes eventually to everyone, though one might have slipped into 110 or more pitfalls.

Anthem among others might agree with Dharana Darshan, page 12,
quote:
In yoga, by focusing all the faculties at one point, we concentrate and relax the mind. Instead of a hundred things happening simultaneously, perhaps ten things will happen and ninety percent of our faculties will be at one point. This is the concept of dharana, the aspect of mental training in yoga.
What could be the biggest pitfall of all? Why is it that some are unsatisfied with the "I am" mantra, for example? Here's what one serious student of yoga has said, "I think Yogani's practices are just great. It may just be me, but I don't personally resonate with the "I am" mantra."

The reality is what Yogani has said, "Clearly we must surrender to something, even if it is to our own innate potential to live a freer and happier life."

So then, does anyone wish to discuss the following,
quote:
Almost any object can be used as the basis for concentration. Once you have selected an object, you should use the same object in your practice day after day. The object should come to your attention spontaneously. For some people the objects appears by itself in the form of a vision or a dream. This is the best form of natural selection. Other people, however, will have to find a suitable object for themselves. To assist these people, a very comprehensive list of suitable objects has been compiled... Even if you do not find a suitable object in this list, it will spark off something in your own mind or imagination, so that later on the correct symbol [or object, e.g. beeja mantra, yantra, mandala, nadis, prana] will come to you spontaneously. This will probably happen at a time when you are completely relaxed.
Do you force-feed yourself the practice suggested by another, or do you find truth in your own wilderness? Is "Truth a pathless land," as Krishnamurti suggested?

newpov
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 01:12:06 AM by newpov »

david_obsidian

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 10:26:32 AM »
Etherfish said:
David - He came across badly not because of that page, but the stuff Vil found on his autobiography page:

Point taken.

I was also told by Spirit and the Masters that on earth as of the year 2004, there were 50 beings who had achieved the 14th to 15th initiation.

Oh dear.  Well, the burden of proof is on him that this revelation by "Spirit and the Masters" is not in his imagination.

neli

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 05:52:43 PM »

newpov

I believe that "Truth" is a pathless land, as Krishnamurti has said.
Jesus followed his own "pattern", same as Buddha and others. One has to choose to be a sheep or an eagle. Leaders are eagles, no matter if they don't have sheeps. Its a hard work for an eagle to lead sheeps. Better its to fly alone in the sky and watch everything from above.

Neli

quote:
Originally posted by newpov

Hi all,

Simplification comes eventually to everyone, though one might have slipped into 110 or more pitfalls.

Anthem among others might agree with Dharana Darshan, page 12,
quote:
In yoga, by focusing all the faculties at one point, we concentrate and relax the mind. Instead of a hundred things happening simultaneously, perhaps ten things will happen and ninety percent of our faculties will be at one point. This is the concept of dharana, the aspect of mental training in yoga.
What could be the biggest pitfall of all? Why is it that some are unsatisfied with the "I am" mantra, for example? Here's what one serious student of yoga has said, "I think Yogani's practices are just great. It may just be me, but I don't personally resonate with the "I am" mantra."

The reality is what Yogani has said, "Clearly we must surrender to something, even if it is to our own innate potential to live a freer and happier life."

So then, does anyone wish to discuss the following,
quote:
Almost any object can be used as the basis for concentration. Once you have selected an object, you should use the same object in your practice day after day. The object should come to your attention spontaneously. For some people the objects appears by itself in the form of a vision or a dream. This is the best form of natural selection. Other people, however, will have to find a suitable object for themselves. To assist these people, a very comprehensive list of suitable objects has been compiled... Even if you do not find a suitable object in this list, it will spark off something in your own mind or imagination, so that later on the correct symbol [or object, e.g. beeja mantra, yantra, mandala, nadis, prana] will come to you spontaneously. This will probably happen at a time when you are completely relaxed.
Do you force-feed yourself the practice suggested by another, or do you find truth in your own wilderness? Is "Truth a pathless land," as Krishnamurti suggested?

newpov

newpov

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2008, 01:03:23 AM »
quote:
Better it is to fly alone in the sky and watch everything from above.
This resounds with me. Flying at altitude, an eagle with eyes to see may spot and pick up seeds of personal value from other teachings or traditions. Yogani was eclectic, wasn't he? Is there a lesson here for the rest of us?

Pranayama and meditation, the two wings of the eagle which enable him to see the seeds below on other paths?

newpov
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 01:36:05 AM by newpov »

neli

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2008, 06:04:05 PM »

newpov

I think each one of us are *eclectic* in some way. Its impossible not to be. I mean I know many christians that are buddhists and practice other different methods, same with jews or whatever. I think Jesus was eclectic also, if he was in India as have been told (in books)

Pranayama is very important, and for me Kechari is also very important, and mudras. For others it can be other things. Mantras are important but are needless, we don't need them if we know how to meditate, but we are still learning (at least me) and I think this is a good system to follow, till we grow a little bit.

I've been in another sites and they only teach to surrender, and this is the only place that teach how to meditate, and that's great.

Neli

quote:
Originally posted by newpov

quote:
Better it is to fly alone in the sky and watch everything from above.
This resounds with me. Flying at altitude, an eagle with eyes to see may spot and pick up seeds of personal value from other teachings or traditions. Yogani was eclectic, wasn't he? Is there a lesson here for the rest of us?

Pranayama and meditation, the two wings of the eagle which enable him to see the seeds below on other paths?

newpov