Author Topic: "Wings To Freedom" Video  (Read 883 times)

Juliet

"Wings To Freedom" Video
« on: January 08, 2008, 06:00:40 AM »
Has anybody viewed this 24 minute clip from "Wings To Freedom" where "Sri Yogiraj Gurunath Siddhanath gives a transmission..."?

Although not necessarily my aesthetic, the video has some pretty interesting bits--for example: an astonishing computer graphic representation of (presumably) the sushumna and star--precisely as I typically have seen it after practicing yoni mudra kumbhaka. The colors are dead on--pretty interesting to see something I had taken as utterly private and subjective up on the old computer screen like that. He comments on the star as well, which he equates with bindu--which I hadn't realized.

http://sachamassagonna.blogspot.com/2007/05/wings-to-freedom.html

The hamsa graphic and comments are also interesting.

I would love to compare other comments/thoughts.

Juliet
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 06:04:47 AM by AYPforum »

tallis

"Wings To Freedom" Video
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 08:03:30 PM »
Hi Juliet,
Beautiful video - like you say, the computer graphics are amazing, and I can't get enough of the Himalayan mountains and forests.

I've been trying to collect information about the Star on another thread:
http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=3248
Would you be willing to share your experiences as well?

Juliet wrote:
quote:
I typically have seen it after practicing yoni mudra kumbhaka

Does this mean that it comes to you during meditation, after yoni mudra is finished?  Do you follow AYP practices at all?

If you check out the other thread I mentioned, I wonder what you think of gumpi's challenge: that the 'classic' Star image is seen only by kriya practitioners.  Also I was wondering: how frequently do you see the Star?  Is it a regular occurance or just occasional?  I'm developing a theory on this, but don't have enough information yet...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 08:50:20 PM by tallis »

VIL

"Wings To Freedom" Video
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 12:21:25 AM »
Hey, Juliet, thanks for the video, I also enjoyed it and watched it yesterday:

[:)]

VIL

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
"Wings To Freedom" Video
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 01:52:27 AM »
I can hardly hear what he is saying with the background music so loud. Are other's having this problem?
Thanks [:)]

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
"Wings To Freedom" Video
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 02:56:04 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle

I can hardly hear what he is saying with the background music so loud. Are other's having this problem?
Thanks [:)]

Louis,
On the top right  hand corner there is a white box that is playing the music.. which is not really connected with the video. That has it's own set of play and pause controls. Just hit the pause button on that and the loud music stops.[:D] (took me awhile to figure it out too.)

Juliet

"Wings To Freedom" Video
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 04:36:46 AM »
I have stopped yoni mudra kumbhaka, Tallis, but am about ready to pick it up again now. Right now I am just doing spinal breathing and deep med--due to scheduling issues.

What I pretty much always get after yoni mudra is a graphic of sushumna, just as depicted in the video (concentric deep indigo and yellow), sometimes with the dot (which is I guess the bindu?) right in the center. Sometimes the dot will rez up/morph into a five-pointed star. On at least one occasion I have gotten the star later, during a more hypnagogic-type reverie state, with a pulsing, almost laser-like intensity.

Here is another reference where bindu and the star are roughly (symbolically) equated: http://www.swamij.com/bindu.htm

Is that right? Are we supposed to be piercing the star? Good to know.

On the hamsa (swan), I have not seen anything exactly as depicted in the video--but it is closely reminiscent of top of the winged caduceus, which I did encounter, but previous to AYP.  

I will go check out the other thread and copy this over.

Juliet
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 04:41:51 AM by Juliet »

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
"Wings To Freedom" Video
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 04:48:45 AM »
quote:
Louis,
On the top right hand corner there is a white box that is playing the music.. which is not really connected with the video. That has it's own set of play and pause controls. Just hit the pause button on that and the loud music stops. (took me awhile to figure it out too.)

Whew, that's better, thanks Shweta[:D]

Nice video, I wondered if that watery background was anything to do with this stuff, good to see it on the video.[:)]

tallis

"Wings To Freedom" Video
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 08:00:41 AM »
Hi Juliet,
About the hamsa: when I first saw the video, I actually thought it was a caduceus.  I'd still say it looks more like a pair of entwined snakes' heads than something swan-like!

Juliet wrote:
Is that right? Are we supposed to be piercing the star?
Well that seems to be the whole point, right? - But I wonder what Yogani would say.  If, from the AYP point of view, the main point of our sadhana is to get on with the practice at hand and let scenery be scenery, then perhaps we should not actively try to pierce the Star.  But is the Star merely scenery?  Somehow I can't believe so!  I seem to remember Yogani saying in one of the lessons re. the star that it's ok to go out there, but he certainly doesn't say that piercing the Star is a major 'goal.'  Hmmm...

Juliet

"Wings To Freedom" Video
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 08:52:07 AM »
"Since ancient Mesopotamia the caduceus presented two serpents intertwined (the central nervous system) around a staff (the spinal column) with the wings (the "swan") on either side..."

http://www.vibrani.com/serpent.htm

paw

"Wings To Freedom" Video
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 09:37:29 AM »
Hi Juliet and all. Gurunath explains that the experience of the star is a natural result of advanced purification and soul awareness in the aspirant, and yoni mudra is the mediator. So you are doing well by that measure, beautiful!

I too will be adding yoni mudra with regularity soon. It is powerful.

I have the complete "Wings to Freedom" on dvd, watched it with a new friend just yesterday. Neelkanteshwar!

SachaMassaGonna

• http://www.sachamassagonna.blogspot.com
"Wings To Freedom" Video
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 02:52:17 PM »
Blessings and Love!
Greetings Godz and Godesses!

From my extremely limited sadhana and mainly through the grace of the Guru...I feel that the more we progress we find that what we often think is utterly private and subjective often are experienced by others in the same and exact manner. I say often because there are many instances when it is only you and the Divine that know/experience.

It is for this very reason that in the most recent Golden Age of Tapasya (around 500BCE to 200BCE) when the Upanisadic texts were in full swing and there were many Masters of Enlightenment that reached the same point of perfection regardless of whether they were Jain, Buddhist, 'Hindu' - Nath, Aghori, Saivite, Vaishaivite, etc...For this very reason many Kriya Masters often emphasis the scientific side of the practice because it is tried and tested and the results are based upon the austere psycho-spiritual 'experiments' of the Rishis. When we look at Sri Paramhansa Yoganandaji's 'Autobiography of a Yogi' we see that Sri Yukteswar merely touched a point near Sri Yogananda's heart and sent Him into a sort of parivasta state. Yet it was far from the final state of Realization...even though most would think it was after reading the description of the experience...So definitely, grasping for the experience may be counter-productive.

'Piercing the Star' happens naturally and through constant and sincere sadhana & through the grace...for one it may be after a couple of months for another it may be years or possibly lifetimes. It depends upon your accumulated practice from this lifetime and past ones and of course the Grace of the Guru (which may override any obstacles upon the path).

Sri Yogiraj Gurunath has said that the orangey hue is Brahma, bluey-purplish hue is Vishnu and the star is Shiva. It may take a while to see each other together simultaneously. If you are seeing them all without much effort or practice then you have most probably been practicing Kriya in some way or form in another lifetime. However, that is not the end or goal, because from what I've seen...as one progresses there are further initiation and practices that emerge.

Yogiraj also has mentioned that Yoni Mudra is especially effective during evening meditation. He even demonstrated how one may practice it alone right before going to sleep. "Five minutes is a long thyme - When you're tired" - He said knowing that I was skipping evening meditation. As one progresses, one may call the experience at will. It may appear during Parivasta...you're mind-eye may split and see it even during Kriya-proper...you could even see it during Mahamudra. Yogiraj is also very poetic and the 'piercing of the star' may even refer to the succesful practice of Khechari Mudra - that enable 'sky-walking'...see some of the youtube vids on HamsaYogi for some explanations.

For example, there is a practice of the 'Birthing Hum of Creation'...sometimes I hear this spontaneously without consciously engaging Kriya sadhana...and then I was given more insight on this occurance by reading the books provided by Yoga Niketan (link provided below)

Om Shanti, Shanti...shanti...

Yours in the Light of the Hamsa...

ps. Go here: http://www.yoganiketan.net/ enter Kriya Yoga Library...Accept...then scroll down and read/download the commentaries and experiences of Sri Yukteswar, Sri Sri Lahiri Mahasaya and other Kriya Masters.