Author Topic: automatic self pacing, is this wise to undertake?  (Read 772 times)

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
automatic self pacing, is this wise to undertake?
« on: December 04, 2008, 10:09:21 PM »
namaste wise ones,

just wanted to share smthg i've noticed out of my own experience concerning self pacing.

simply put it's all turning automatic...

now i'm kind of new to yogani's Ayp (just been practicing it for months, haven't been through a year yet), but still i can honestly say that i'm picking up quickly and it seems that all the practices which i have been doing b4 led me to be here practicing the ones taught by yogani. (some of them i used to practice b4 coming here but not in the optimized and integrated way mentioned here)

guess when the student is ready, the teachings or the teacher will appear[;)].

anyways a month or so from now i'm feeling that i am becoming a partner with the inner workings of my body.

it is as if kundalini is very much alive and it has a mind of it's own, it just have to express it's need and i offer it what's needed to satisfy that need and then everything is smoothed out.

all the add on which i've been doing to my daily sessions till now has been based on that.

for example 2 weeks ago i've been going bhakti crazy about becoming enlightened (having some sort of breakthrough) even though i was practicing on a daily basis and having good results but still i was hungry for more... (i am practicing spinal breathing pranayama with all it's add ons plus ketchari mudra, deep meditation (scd enhancement), core samyama)

here i used yogani's advice on using bhakti and pointing it toward spiritual endeavors and i don't know why but it felt that it was burning a lot of stuff.

and during that burning i felt a strong urge to add yoni mudra kumbhaka to my daily routine first which i self paced myself before bcz of it and then two days later i added spinal bastrikah and i kept on practicing for two weeks with that stuff.

until i experienced bliss, the one which satisfies and i don't know why but it sort of reduced my hunger (bhakti); so i stopped practicing bastrikah 1st and yoni mudra kumbhaka was let down second.

then suddenly puff starting from yesterday morning, my body was simply telling me to quiet down all prana related practices even samyama which is stillnes in action but has become like an automatic hopping and bastrikah session for me (it just felt like doing deep meditation nothing else)

so i did that yesterday, today my body wanted a few minutes of pranayama without sidhasana or ketchari or any of the other add ons and it wanted to add core samyama at the end so i did that as well.

guess it's adding all that other stuff again day by day but i don't know at what pace.

so is it wise to be undertaking this kind of approach? is this automatic self pacing happening or what? and is kundalini our inner guru in some sort of a way, plus with some good common sense added to it of course?

thx in advance.

light and love,

Ananda

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 11:58:48 PM »
Ananda,
For people who are starting out, we recommend being diligent in their practice and even if they feel like they don't want to meditate.. pull yourself to the meditation mat and at least put in 5 min of meditation.. just to "honor the practice".  

Once you have the habit of twice a day practice in place, then let your inner guru guide you.  I personally feel, what you are experiencing is fine. I go thru such phases too. In fact my routine for a while has been very basic with deep meditation as the only significant practice (I do Yoni SPB and Yoni chin pump too but they are for shorter periods of time than recommended). I had even dropped samyama for quite a while.. but it came back to me to add it back on.. so I have and am enjoying it.

I think you are doing fine with listening to your inner guru telling you what to do. [:)] Sometimes these phases are short.. sometimes long.. but nothing is ever forgotten.. it will come back to you when it's time to add it back in.

Katrine

• http://katrinekristiansen.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 12:35:04 AM »
Hi Ananda

quote:
it is as if kundalini is very much alive and it has a mind of it's own,  

Kundalini is indeed very much alive...... I have had many issues with this [:)]aliveness[:)] over the past 4 years.....self pacing has been crucial. Who knows what state this body would be in today.....were it not for AYP/Yogani......so thank God for the gift of That!

quote:
it just have to express it's need and i offer it what's needed to satisfy that need and then everything is smoothed out.

Well - this is just it. At some point...when the Kundalini is stimulated beyond a certain point.....then it is not always beneficial to feed its "hunger". It is well to remember that there always has to be an equal foot in Silence. If the Kundalini races away....and we are not established equally in Silence....there is trouble ahead. Usually ....we discover too late. And then we have to deal with symptoms of overload....

It is interesting how the bliss you speak of guided you to drop some of it...... This sounds like your inner guru - which is Silence -  showing you the way before it got out of hand. So this does indeed indicate that you are balanced so far.

But you know how Yogani always speaks of "less is more"...when it comes to our practises? The way you have been adding.......it is not necessary to do it this fast, Ananda. To allow only days or weeks even before a new add-on........is not necessarily "getting you here". Bhakti can be expressed in many other ways.........like ie. surrendering to patience. Or going for walks in nature....or anything really. Anything can be done for THAT.

As for adding practises again......how about staying with what you do now.....and allow it to slowly develop of itself?

The right time to add practises is not necessarily when you feel "urges to reach enlightenment". If the urge is too strong....you will feel that "you are not where you should be". And this always makes it more difficult to rest in yourself....in silence. What you are is right here. Restless urges - be it for enlightenment or other states - is moving you away from the moment. And it is here that everything is discovered. Not sometime in the future.

We are not becoming anything. We are just uncovering that which we already are......and this is more an unfolding than anything else.

We gradually discover our Self......it happens when we do less and less.

The close to 3 years that I have been practising AYP I have only done:

Pranayama (only 5 min because of the power of the Kundalini)
Deep Meditation (no mantra enhancements)
Samyama
Self-inquiry
(And I started snipping (Kechari) a couple of months or so back)

Before AYP, all I did for more than 20 years was meditation and self-inquiry.

So as you can see, I am far from an expert when it comes to adding practises.

So keep that in mind when you read my post [:)]

Others here might have much better advise.

Much love to you, Ananda [:)]

Ananda

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 07:18:43 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Ananda,
For people who are starting out, we recommend being diligent in their practice and even if they feel like they don't want to meditate.. pull yourself to the meditation mat and at least put in 5 min of meditation.. just to "honor the practice".  

Once you have the habit of twice a day practice in place, then let your inner guru guide you.  I personally feel, what you are experiencing is fine. I go thru such phases too. In fact my routine for a while has been very basic with deep meditation as the only significant practice (I do Yoni SPB and Yoni chin pump too but they are for shorter periods of time than recommended). I had even dropped samyama for quite a while.. but it came back to me to add it back on.. so I have and am enjoying it.

I think you are doing fine with listening to your inner guru telling you what to do. [:)] Sometimes these phases are short.. sometimes long.. but nothing is ever forgotten.. it will come back to you when it's time to add it back in.

hi Shanti, nice of you to drop by and thks for your input.

concerning daily sessions, i was fixed on a 2 times daily session which i used b4 coming to ayp and when i got here i started using the integrated and optimized techniques in ayp gradually.

at 1st i started with deep meditation and SBP first which calmed down my premature crown chakra opening and redirected the energy toward the ajna.

then i started adding the other stuff gradually and it's been now like from 6 to 7 or 8 months with ayp i can't precisely remember.

but all i remember is i started dropping a lot of my old practices and started dedicating myself only to yogani's advanced yoga practices since 4 months or so and i've never missed a session since then.

so you can say that concerning having a steady daily session as a routine, that's very well established.

plus i've been hitting the snake for about 3 years now i think.

plus i had the symptoms of it ever since i was a kid, the energy jolts plus some stuff related to certain chakras some visions...

but i must admit, i never had to self pace b4 like i'm doing now until i got here this stuff here is the bomb digidi[:D].

i'll take things slowly, cz as yogani puts it some practices have delayed effects that might show out later.

so i guess less is more that's true, i'll listen to that inner intuition of mine but feed it's hunger with moderation.

kindest regards,

Ananda

Ananda

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 07:42:05 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

Hi Ananda

quote:
it is as if kundalini is very much alive and it has a mind of it's own,  

Kundalini is indeed very much alive...... I have had many issues with this [:)]aliveness[:)] over the past 4 years.....self pacing has been crucial. Who knows what state this body would be in today.....were it not for AYP/Yogani......so thank God for the gift of That!

quote:
it just have to express it's need and i offer it what's needed to satisfy that need and then everything is smoothed out.

Well - this is just it. At some point...when the Kundalini is stimulated beyond a certain point.....then it is not always beneficial to feed its "hunger". It is well to remember that there always has to be an equal foot in Silence. If the Kundalini races away....and we are not established equally in Silence....there is trouble ahead. Usually ....we discover too late. And then we have to deal with symptoms of overload....

It is interesting how the bliss you speak of guided you to drop some of it...... This sounds like your inner guru - which is Silence -  showing you the way before it got out of hand. So this does indeed indicate that you are balanced so far.

But you know how Yogani always speaks of "less is more"...when it comes to our practises? The way you have been adding.......it is not necessary to do it this fast, Ananda. To allow only days or weeks even before a new add-on........is not necessarily "getting you here". Bhakti can be expressed in many other ways.........like ie. surrendering to patience. Or going for walks in nature....or anything really. Anything can be done for THAT.

As for adding practises again......how about staying with what you do now.....and allow it to slowly develop of itself?

The right time to add practises is not necessarily when you feel "urges to reach enlightenment". If the urge is too strong....you will feel that "you are not where you should be". And this always makes it more difficult to rest in yourself....in silence. What you are is right here. Restless urges - be it for enlightenment or other states - is moving you away from the moment. And it is here that everything is discovered. Not sometime in the future.

We are not becoming anything. We are just uncovering that which we already are......and this is more an unfolding than anything else.

We gradually discover our Self......it happens when we do less and less.

The close to 3 years that I have been practising AYP I have only done:

Pranayama (only 5 min because of the power of the Kundalini)
Deep Meditation (no mantra enhancements)
Samyama
Self-inquiry
(And I started snipping (Kechari) a couple of months or so back)

Before AYP, all I did for more than 20 years was meditation and self-inquiry.

So as you can see, I am far from an expert when it comes to adding practises.

So keep that in mind when you read my post [:)]

Others here might have much better advise.

Much love to you, Ananda [:)]

Much love to you too my sweet friend, you are very kind and the same goes for Shanti of course you're both very sweet.

thks for your input.

i've been practicing advaita and self enquiry for a long time as well, plus practiced deep meditation but not on a mantra b4 coming here for 5 years or so but it wasn't always as a routine.

the thing is that i see this transformation the same way john wilder saw it in the beginning of the story when he started plunging into the waves and taking himself to the limits and b4 he met the iam lady where he felt that he wanted to breakthrough.

i have bhakti that bad even though i've met more than one teacher or tradition on the way.

but i guess this time i've met the one who is the real deal and which seems to be very much suited for me.

i just want to uncover myself and shed off the thick layers and transform into that which is really me. (a butterfly perhaps[:)])

i mean i know i am that beautiful bliss and joy, and in a sense of a way i feel that i was that and now i have to regain that state of being and be stable in it again.

i don't know if you can relate to what i'm saying.

i guess less is more, you have that right i'll take it easy on myself when dealing with my bhakti (my blessed decease as yogani puts it).

light and love,

Ananda