Author Topic: Can't rest in proper Savasana (Corpse pose)  (Read 253 times)

AYPadmin

Can't rest in proper Savasana (Corpse pose)
« on: July 15, 2019, 10:56:04 AM »
Buu
Spain
42 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2016 :  1:45:28 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Hi.

After doing my Asanas, Pranayama and Meditation, when I proceed to lay down to Rest, my legs automatically cross and I automatically start doing moolabandha.

Like this: https://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/p1140693.jpg?w=580&h=436

What does this mean? Is it trying to uplift the energy upwards / prevent it from going out?

Kind regards,
Buu.

PS: Also in this situation, my hands automatically interlock in either the heart or the navel.
Edited by - Buu on Dec 31 2016 1:46:36 PM
BlueRaincoat
United Kingdom
1486 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2017 :  09:40:25 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
It sounds like some automatic yoga is happening. You have subconsciously realised you're onto something with your yoga practices and there's the drive to get to results quickly! The impulse to press on the perineum you describe in another post is just another manifestation of the same drive.

It is a sign the practices are working. Be careful about doing too much. Automatic yoga adds to the effect of your other practices, so I will repeat my advice to give some thought to self-pacing.

Automatic yoga impulses are not outside your control. If you decide it's best to check them for the sake of self-pacing, gently direct your awareness towards these impulses without encouraging them and you will find they subside.

Practice wisely and enjoy
Go to Top of Page
Buu
Spain
42 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2017 :  1:24:45 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thank you BlueRaincoat!

Kind regards,
Buu.