Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related / accidental kundilini awkening
« Last post by AYPadmin on April 16, 2020, 12:16:24 PM »
malhotraraj3009
India
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2020 :  12:06:46 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
accidental kundlini awakening sleep disorder and sexual thoughts in mind stucked

Christi
United Kingdom
3682 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2020 :  01:18:25 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Malhotraraj3009

Check out this lesson on self-pacing and grounding.

Christi
Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System / It's reached my heart Chakra!
« Last post by AYPadmin on April 16, 2020, 11:50:56 AM »
Piruz
United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2020 :  5:19:41 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Hello again everybody!

It's been almost a year since my Kundalini awakening. As many of you have come to know, it was one of the scariest experiences of my life. The lessons here (I've read them all) have been most helpful and the perspective I've gained reading them is something I couldn't have done by myself and for that I'd like to thank Yogani from the depth of my heart.

Back to my Kundalini issue. At first, it was mostly about energy surges in the lower part of my body (the base of my spine and moving upwards). The energy would travel upwards and meet all sorts of "blockages" in the way, hence the suffering (explosion) when the "energy" terminates at some point of the body or another.

As noted before, the "energy" gains momentum whenever I'm about to fall asleep or when I'm drifting in and out. Not that I can't feel it when I'm awake (how can I not?) but it's much stronger when my guard is down. For some reason (which most likely has something to do with the way Kundalini moves), a "peaceful" episode always ends with the energy reaching the spine and the latter so suddenly becoming stimulated. That's when the energy levels become normal again.

With time I've come to learn how to keep this energy in check (grounding). Exercise has become the main tool by which I level things out. This has been the case for over 5 months until, 4 months ago, I became too lazy and abandoned my grounding activities (long walks and power walking). Things continued to be fine even after I abandoned workout until I was struck with an illness (most likely coronavirus) that gave me breathing problems a couple of weeks ago.

Illness (even common cold) has always made my Kundalini worse, but this time it was different. This time, and after months of non-grounding and a sudden shortness of breath (again, most likely caused by coronavirus or a symptom of heart chakra awakening that has nothing to do with any potential disease), the energy so aggressively made its way to my heart and the surge was so powerful that night I really thought I was having a heart attack. It felt (and continues to feel) like having your heart up your throat and all other parts of your body screaming "the heart is failing!". Somehow, I felt the "door" to the heart chakra open up and knew it would never close again.

Not that I've never felt Kundalini in my heart before. In fact, ever since the beginning of this Kundalini ordeal I could feel the energy move from one place to another (third eye and crown included), but this is the first time the heart has become the main point of intensity. It's so frightening and continues to haunt my nights and days.

What can I do to level things again? It's only been 3 days since I started working out again (grounding) but does the heart Chakra require any special methods (we know it's more consequential than all the chakras beneath it)?

Christi
United Kingdom
3682 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2020 :  7:35:24 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Piruz,

First of all, it is really nothing to worry about. The sensations of an opening heart chakra can be powerful and overwhelming sometimes, but they won't kill you. If you can relax into the experience, it will help a lot.

And you are right, in that taking up your grounding practices again is the best way to move forwards. Things will settle down in time. Doing any direct energy work at the heart, will likely just make the symptoms stronger. With effective grounding practices in place, you will be surprised how quickly things settle down.

Christi

Piruz
United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2020 :  7:10:51 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I haven't meditated in a year, much less take up direct energy work on any of my chakras. But that hasn't stopped my Kundalini from progressing upwards all this time, although I've kept it in check with months of grounding work (power walking).

When I asked if the heart chakra required anything special I meant in terms of grounding not energy work.

Christi
United Kingdom
3682 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2020 :  7:23:12 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Piruz,

No, nothing special in terms of grounding.

Everything will be fine!

Christi

Vimala
France
80 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2020 :  12:54:30 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I'd suggest to test your blood pressure first...

Piruz
United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2020 :  11:45:56 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I did. Everything was normal. Blood pressure, lung fields, my heart, oxygen levels, all of it. It's baffling how something so subtle like Kundalini can feel so pronounced (better yet, overwhelming!) and yet manage to stay under the radar (medics), so to speak.
Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System / Coronavirus and Kundalini
« Last post by AYPadmin on April 16, 2020, 11:50:32 AM »
Eirene
11 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2020 :  2:05:36 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Does anyone have any theories on how the Coronavirus might affect the process of awakening and those going through it? And from a spiritual perspective, is there a spiritual dimension to the current pandemic crisis? Once the crisis settles down, do you think the number of awakened people might increase (due to self-isolation and with it - introspection, stress, traumatic and life-threatening events, etc)? Are you worried about what is happening?
Feel free to share if you have any ideas. :)
Edited by - Eirene on Apr 01 2020 2:06:39 PM
Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System / Negative emotions
« Last post by AYPadmin on April 16, 2020, 11:50:14 AM »
Eirene
11 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2020 :  9:03:46 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
For the past couple of months I've been feeling a lot of negative emotions - anger, spite, jealousy, envy, irritation, arrogance directed at just about everyone around me.
I've never been like this before and I'm starting to feel like a really bad person for feeling this way, yet it's beyond my control. I don't act on them (most of the time), but I do feel tremendous guilt for having them in the first place. Are those emotions here to stay or will they clear out at one point? Is it normal to sink into all these negative emotions once your Kundalini awakens? Were they present all along, but simply buried deep within me? What should I do with them?
I am currently the kind of person I myself would never hang out with.

(My K awakening started about a year ago)

Dogboy
USA
1711 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2020 :  9:24:25 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Welcome Eirene

Do you have a meditation practice, AYP or otherwise?

The symptoms you describe are usually from overdoing yoga practices, in that your system (body) is purifying at an accelerated rate. They can also be the byproduct of premature kundalini awakening, in which your neurobiology is not adequately prepared to handle the drama. In either respect, you should dial back your practices (if you do any) and ground yourself in your daily life and actions. This lesson will be of assistance to you. https://www.aypsite.com/69.html

Eirene
11 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2020 :  06:54:41 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Dogboy, thank you for the answer, I will check out the link. :)

I meditate daily for about 15-20 minutes, nothing too extreme, but I might have overdone it ever since the Coronavirus pandemic started as I spend a lot of time at home. :) I am still not sure whether I should consider my awakening premature or not, it was definitely not planned and it took a while before I realized what is happening, but I've learned (or am still learning) to deal with most of the symptoms. It's good to hear these emotions are just another symptom of purification and not a permanent state.

BlueRaincoat
United Kingdom
1550 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2020 :  05:18:54 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Eirene

These emotions come from being hurt in the past, or other people being hurt in the past. We all pick up all sorts of unpleasant stuff from the collective psyche. You are not acting on these emotions, so you are not hurting anyone. Let them be released - notice them and let go. They will dissolve in a while.

If you find there is less opportunity for grounding because you are spending more time at home, maybe adjusting your practice is a good idea. If/when you are feeling discomfort, then it's time to cut back.

There is an upside to this, i think, in that it may teach you compassion for other people who are struggling with negative emotions. I will quote Leonard Cohen ( I haven't done it for a while ):
"There's a blaze of light in every word
It doesn't matter which you heard
The holy or the broken Hallelujah"

Eirene
11 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2020 :  11:42:33 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

There is an upside to this, i think, in that it may teach you compassion for other people who are struggling with negative emotions. I will quote Leonard Cohen ( I haven't done it for a while ):
"There's a blaze of light in every word
It doesn't matter which you heard
The holy or the broken Hallelujah"

Thank you for your answer, BlueRaincoat. :) The last paragraph really made me think. I did spend most of my life (subconsciously) suppresing all these emotions and finding them "unacceptable to feel".
It's very possible I've been as judgemental to others about it as I've been with myself and need to work on that too.

ps. I love both listening to Cohen and watching his interviews, his energy has a calming effect on me :)
Edited by - Eirene on Mar 28 2020 11:44:51 AM

redbushlighter
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2019 :  12:50:11 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Hey all,

I experienced a premature kundalini awakening in February 2018. It was quite a shock at first but I gradually eased into it after a rough period.

Since then, I've found myself to be increasingly asocial. Meaning, I try to avoid social contact at all cost. Socializing makes me feel suffocated. I live with roommates and if someone is in the kitchen when I'm about to make some food, I'll wait until they're done and then I'll go and do my thing. Even if it means postponing my meal by 45 minutes.

This has caused me a bit of grief. It makes me feel less human. I mean, we are social creatures aren't we?

I just feel like an alien in social situations sometimes. I don't know if I'm being overly self-aware of my own uneasiness or if I'm actually super awkward around people. I don't really think I am awkward. When I am in a social situation, I can keep myself afloat, however I am usually pretty uncomfortable.

Idk, I guess I wanted to vent this out a bit. I'm not wanting to become ascetic or monastic or anything..... I feel like if I just broke out of this cycle of not wanting to socialize, I'd realize that I'm more of a people person than I thought.

Vent over. Anyone have anything to add? Similar experiences, advice? Thanks!

Eirene
11 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2020 :  07:20:01 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi redbushlighter,

About six months before my Kundalini awakening I've started isolating myself from the outside world and felt the same resistance to socializing you describe. It lasted for about a year and for the past 6 months or so I've been feeling the need to go back into the society and join some new social circles. I also seem to be able to notice (or - feel) others who've had their awakening as well and I seem to feel more at ease around them.
I'm far from an expert and have only my own experience to draw from, but I think what you're going through is a part of a cycle and will change and align with your needs. Listen to your inner compass and don't force anything. :)
Edited by - Eirene on Mar 27 2020 07:31:20 AM
Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System / Kundalini Issues
« Last post by AYPadmin on April 16, 2020, 11:49:11 AM »
rahul1980
India
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2020 :  07:28:33 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Hi,

I'm practising Kriya Yoga since one year. There are some issues that I thought to discuss and seek opinions.

- After meditation, I feel pressure in my forehead which lasts for some time.

- There is some electricity I feel in my head some times after meditation. Its a mild one and my head is not having any headaches.

- During Surya Grahan which happened this year, I woke up and saw smoke and snakes. This is the first time in my life I experienced this. I went to sleep again after this episode for some hours.

- I'm a vegetarian and a teetotaler.

I don't think this is normal, so wanted to seek advice

Thanks
Rahul
Edited by - rahul1980 on Feb 19 2020 07:33:48 AM

BlueRaincoat
United Kingdom
1550 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2020 :  11:45:29 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Rahul, welcome to the AYP forum

We wouldn't be able to advise you on your Kriya practice, as we practice yoga by the AYP method here.

However, the symptoms you describe are not unusual among yoga practitioners. Pressure in the forehead is a very common one. Other sensations like tingling, heat etc. are common symptoms of purification. If they become uncomfortable, we self-pace (i.e. reduce the practice time) and ground.

There is a lot of information about self pacing on this website. See Lessons 38, 69 81, 102, 104, 125, 128, 135, 216, 231, 250, 252, 261, 341, 411

Enjoy your practice
Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System / Feeling unbalanced for one month
« Last post by AYPadmin on April 16, 2020, 11:48:47 AM »
PIckle23
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2020 :  1:29:27 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
1. What are your symptoms and how long have you had them? Are your symptoms primarily physical, psychological, or both?

Sensation of energy flooding up my spine. It started in earnest one month ago, accompanied by flu-like detox symptoms. Symptoms only physical but the energy seems responsive to my mental state. Any negative feelings, anxiety, or agitation to the nervous system seem to increase the activity, I think.

The energy is powerful enough to slightly unbalance me literally. I feel my spine area shifting around, pulled to and fro and as the energy surges through. Not painful but distressing and distracting, and I am now after a month experiencing some soreness at the base of my back where the energy is surging. In the head, I feel the energy sensations as well pulling to and fro. Once again, this is unbalancing. Can sometimes feel the electrical flow in my legs most prominently, and hands, usually when walking or lying down.

2. Are your symptoms ongoing, or intermittent? If intermittent, when are they most likely to occur -- during what kind of activity and/or time of the day? Is your sleep affected?

Ongoing. Going strong for a month. I do not need as much sleep because of this energy. It is really nice to have more energy, but certainly not at the cost of the other sensations.

3. Do you consider your situation with kundalini to be the result of spiritual practices, or do you regard it to be spontaneous?

Definitely practices...I was trying to awaken it with no guidance...and what I see now as some foolishness and selfishness....but also spiritual yearning.

4. What sort of spiritual practices have you been engaged in, if any? How long? How often? Are you aware that excessive spiritual practice can aggravate kundalini, often with a delayed reaction?

Infrequent yoga and spiritual reading and exploration. I had been doing breathing techniques to raise the kundalini and the Five Tibetan Rites.

5. Do you consider yourself to be ?sensitive? to spiritual practices? If so, with what practices, and what sort of measures have you taken to accommodate your sensitivity?

No. I had only just started to feel prana moving up my back (sort of a bubbling sensation) and accepted that the energy body was real the weekend before my kundalini event.

6. Do you think drugs have contributed to your kundalini situation?

No, I do not use.

7. Have you experienced traumatic events in your life that may have a bearing on your current symptoms?

I have experiencing some academic, social, personal, and career failures that weigh on me.

8. Is your sexual lifestyle affecting your symptoms? Are you aware that obsessively limiting sexual release can increase kundalini energy and symptoms?

No- I am a 35 year-old virgin female but my sexuality seems just fine, haha. I touch myself. I wish for a loving partner to share intimacy with :)

9. What is your general diet? Are you aware that a lighter diet can stimulate kundalini?

I try to eat very healthy, even vegan, so I am healthier than most Americans, I imagine. But I fail all the time and don't try to over-police myself.

10. Do you engage in moderate exercise regularly, like walking, yard work, etc? Are you aware that regular exercise can help stabilize ("ground") kundalini symptoms?

I am athletic. I walk every day. I also have a compulsive habit of dancing around my apartment listening to music with my AirPods on. It started in high school with my headphones and DIscman. I loved pop music and it was a way to fantasize and relieve stress. Not a bad thing in and of itself but I know it is compulsive and more than a little weird now.

11. Are you a highly devotional person? Are you aware that excessive devotional activity, satsang or spiritual study can aggravate an active kundalini?

A year ago I would have said not but I suppose my kundalini research has been spiritual study. I am a reader and a bit of a researcher

12. Are you engaged in ordinary daily activities like a job, school, family, parenting, social activity, service to others? Are you aware that such activities, undertaken without spiritual intention or expectations, can help ground excessive kundalini energies?

Yes, I have an 8 to 5 job and a loving family, although I am single.

13. Have you been examined and treated by a medical doctor or mental health professional for your symptoms in the past? If so, what was the result?

Doctor suggested virus or anxiety for the symptoms. I told him about the cause (yoga and the vibrational flu), but he did not get it.

14. Are there other factors and/or measures you are taking in relation to your situation that are not covered above?

I am grounding-- walking every day and taking Epsom salt baths. I bought a crystal and hematite to ground myself, haha. Staying calm is key for this energy, it seems. I have ceased all yoga and ANY kind of practices. Still dancing with my AirPods and am sort of worried that is exacerbating it by rattling my sacrum area.

15. Optional: What is your approximate age (teen, 20s, 30s, 40s, etc.)? What is your gender? We ask because the manifestation of kundalini symptoms can be affected by these factors.

35 year-old female. Will this energy calm down or can I expect it to accelerate?? Any further wisdom about the nature of this energy or movement is absolutely appreciated. Thank you so much for any help. I am so grateful!

Christi
United Kingdom
3682 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2020 :  3:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Pickle23,

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, attempting to awaken kundalini without guidance, and without an effective method of yoga is clearly not a good idea. Your situation does not sound too bad though and it does seem that you have a good idea of what activities might help and which ones don't. Dancing for example, can activate kundalini, whereas walking tends to be grounding.

This lesson on grounding and self-pacing may help:

Lesson 69 - Kundalini Symptoms, Imbalances and Remedies

It is impossible to say whether your symptoms will become stronger, or subside. That depends on what you were doing to awaken the kundalini and on your unique matrix of obstructions. But following the guidelines in the link above will help, whatever your situation is.

Do drink plenty of water, and be careful with sexual activity, as it can stimulate the prana in the body, making symptoms worse. And yes, staying calm is very important.

When you are ready to take up yoga again, I would strongly recommend using a system like AYP, which is designed to purify the body in a gentle and safe way, purifying the channel between the root and the third eye. Deep Meditation is the first practice taught, even before any energetic practices are introduced, in order to cultivate peace and equanimity. These qualities are important to have when the energy begins to stir.

The lessons begin here.

Right now though, it is probably best not to look at them, as reading about spiritual practices, is a spiritual practice, especially for someone who is energetically sensitive. For now, concentrate on getting your system balanced, grounded and healthy.

best wishes,

Christi

PIckle23
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2020 :  10:22:48 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Christi,

Thank you so much for your prompt response and excellent suggestions.

I agree with you - in starting my kundalini practice I was unaware how detoxing would need to occur with the first movements of energy. A much more gradual method was clearly needed for me. I paid the price in falling ill for two weeks with ascension/energetic flu and now this unbalancing. I definitely went right into the movement and breathing aspect without the meditation fundamentals.

LOL, here's hoping I didn't do anything with permanent consequences. Who knew yoga could be so risky??

Christi
United Kingdom
3682 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2020 :  10:53:14 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Pickle23,

It does not sound like you are suffering from anything that cannot be fixed quite easily with a bit of self-pacing and grounding. So, don't worry.

But yes, beginning with meditation and building up slowly from there is recommended.

Christi

Dogboy
USA
1711 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2020 :  6:17:50 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
AYP was my first experience with meditation. Being in silence before awakening the energy has been a smooth journey for me. Introduce more silence in your equation, Pickle, would be my advice.

smileforme
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2020 :  12:49:21 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
PIckle23, From my experience celibacy gives you the most powerful connection to the universe. As the energy goes upwards you will ended up touching the creator and creation within not your body. I don't tell people I'm a virgin cause it is not even a topic for me to talk about. But, If it is a must and he or she ask I tell them that I have never slept with no one. I enjoy, absolutely enjoy the freedom I have. Once in a while even with in a family I get asked when will I get married have kids. My answer to that is this, I ask them if I first started living? They simply stop. Living is not about breathing, eating, making money or have fame whatever society is referring as a living. To me to live is to be the embodiment of peace, love and happiness. OM Shanti.

I used to try to ground in the past but this Minnesota weather is the best thing I got in the US. My advice for anyone who practice Yoga is to just to give a try this cold ice weather. I can see you wish you had someone you want to share intimacy with right? Remember you are full on your own. You are a Devine on your own. I'm not saying don't look but you will be disappointed if you think that someone will fill the gap with in. There is no gap to began with just a point of view that created a gap. Be blessed by the Devine. Om Shanti.
free4life
Finland
7 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2020 :  10:44:46 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Hello.
I have few questions based on the experiences I had 1 year ago.
To cut it short, when kundalini hits the Bindu, is Kundalini in full circulation now?
I experienced what one author calls "Inner-conjunction". This is sustained, effortless state full of electricity and bliss. https://biologyofkundalini.com/article.php@story=Inner-conjunction.html
I was in this state for over 1 hour. Where previously I had to meditate to bring the energy up, I could now effortlessly sustain full circulation of it.

"Through repeated experience, the aspirant becomes able to go to Bindu easily, to stay there for increasingly long periods of time, and to be able to return to external functioning efficiently"
http://kundalinicare.com/kinds-of-kundalini-risings-2/

So first the Kundalini rises and clears channels, but then is there a phase of "full circulation"?
I haven't found references as to what happens once Kundalini has risen and cleared all the channels.
Thank you.

Christi
United Kingdom
3682 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2020 :  6:53:15 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Free4life,

Yes, there is a stage where prana is circulating freely in the body. It is often a state of rapture, or whole-body-ecstasy and the prana, flowing in a very refined state, can take us easily into samadhi.

There are a lot of transformations that happen with prana in the higher stages of kundalini. There is a strong relationship between the way that prana flows and consciousness. There is also the production of amritar (nectar) in the higher centres. There is a lot of information in the main lessons about these transformations that happen, but it is quite spread out throughout the lessons.

If you go to the topics path page, you could search under "ecstasy" and also under "nectar".
Chapter 4 of the Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Svatmarama discusses the relationship between samadhi and prana in the higher stages of the kundalini process.

Christi

free4life
Finland
7 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2020 :  7:35:16 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thank you.

Does the full circulation imply that Kundalini has passed through all chakras and reached the crown?
I'm unsure about my experiences with that nectar. That's something to look into.
You mention higher stages of the kundalini process.
On a scale of 1-10, where would this free circulation of Prana happen?
And if you have any insight what happens afterwards I would appreciate it. I've heard 2 accounts which say that Kundalini circulates 24/7 in their system. I've also heard that Kundalini would return to the heart center and that starts the oneness-experience.

Christi
United Kingdom
3682 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2020 :  05:51:05 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Free4life,

If prana is flowing freely about the body, including through the crown chakra, then we would say that kundalini has reached the crown. That does not mean that the crown, or any other chakra, is fully purified. It takes many years to purify the crown chakra. Even then, there is not really a point where we can say that the process of purification has finished. It is more of an ever-expanding journey into pure bliss consciousness. On the journey, we gradually find ourselves letting go of the idea of "arriving somewhere". The only place we ever really arrive, is in the present moment, which is all there really was anyway.

Trying to pinpoint where we are on the path, based on energetic symptoms that are occurring, is an impossible task. There are simply too many factors involved on a karmic level.

But yes, there is a stage where prana will be circulating 24/7 in the system. In AYP this is referred to as ecstasy 24/7. See this lesson on enlightenment milestones. And it is also true that eventually kundalini will descend into the heart. That does not mean that it stops circulating freely throughout the body and beyond, radiating ecstasy. That process will continue. It means that the heart comes into play as divine love and unity, guiding our actions in the world. So, the end-game of the whole process is not one where we become indifferent to the world in a state of divine bliss. But rather we will want to act in service in the world out of love. This is why so many spiritual teachers are so active in the world and engaged in life, doing what they can in service to others.

This is from lesson 201:

"Yes, I have heard also that "the heart is last to open." But I think it is more involved than that. In the lessons, we begin with the heart because desire is the engine that drives all yoga. Desire that is intensified and directed toward spiritual unfoldment is bhakti, and this is all heart work. Practices feed back into the heart, increasing bhakti every step along the way. So the heart is opening all the time, along with the rest of the nervous system. Then ecstatic conductivity begins to rise and we are melting in love inside in the face of so much ecstasy and rising inner sensuality - more heart opening. Finally, when Shiva (silence) and Shakti (ecstasy) are merging and we finally go directly to the crown, then it all pours down and the heart goes all the way into overflowing pure divine love. Maybe that last step is what is meant by "the heart is last to open." But the truth is, yoga begins with the heart, the heart is opening every step of the way, and it ends with the heart, as we finally become an expression of divine love on earth. And all of these steps of the heart will not be traumatic, as long as we do the yoga practices that cultivate smooth purification and opening of the nervous system. This is what the heart calls us to, and this is what opens the heart." [Yogani]

Christi

free4life
Finland
7 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2020 :  12:09:28 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thank you. Very good points!

It makes me wonder. I was only able to circulate prana during meditation. I would just sit down and be a conduit for the energy to flow. Reason why I'm interested in Bindu is that I'm not sure if it was all internal, or was external energy pouring in.
So maybe there is a long way for me to go. My kundalini has also been dormant. I didn't do any spiritual practices last year.
My body was so electric that I still fear it damaged my nerves. I was forced to stop meditating because my autonomic nervous system burned out. One day I tried to meditate and I could no longer get that electric spark in my hands. At that day I stopped meditating too.
I remember feeling energy stuck in the head, around eyebrows and forehead area. I don't think the process was complete, it felt on-going. But it's very strange how one day that electric spark was just gone.

Do you know how the intensity of Kundalini varies? I've heard that it becomes more subtle "background process". Meditation circles also say this, but they don't work on Kundalini, just the piti/rapture.
Edited by - free4life on Feb 15 2020 1:27:06 PM

Christi
United Kingdom
3682 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2020 :  1:46:24 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Free4life,

If you are getting energetic symptoms that are uncomfortable or painful, then you need to self-pace your practice. If you do not do that, then it can lead to problems, and the feeling of being "burnt-out". It is also important to do grounding practices if you are experiencing these kinds of symptoms.

See this lesson for details on grounding and self-pacing.

Lesson 69 - Kundalini Symptoms, Imbalances and Remedies

Using a combination of effective self-pacing and grounding, you can maintain stability with your practice over the long term, so you do not need to keep stopping and starting your practices. The stop-start method is actually the slower road. Much better to be working consistently at a level that it suitable for you, and adjusting it as you go.

And yes, the ecstatic stage of kundalini does eventually retreat and become more of a background process. Yogani describes it as like a "divine smile" inside.

This is from Lesson 95- Stabilizing Ecstasy

?The big rushes of ecstasy have to do with purification. It is the fun part of house cleaning, but it is still house cleaning. In time, there will be less friction in the nervous system and the ecstasy will become refined, like a quiet divine smile forever radiating outward from inside you -- very peaceful and very powerful.? [Yogani]

"Piti" (pronounced "peeti") is the Pali word for "ecstasy, rapture and delight", and is used in the Buddhist tradition to describe the ecstatic stage of kundalini. One aspect of piti is described in the Pali Canon as being like "waves of rapture flowing up through the body". The Buddha described it as one of the seven factors necessary to reach enlightenment.

Christi

free4life
Finland
7 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2020 :  3:52:59 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Can I feel that same level of electricity, rapture and ecstasy after "divine smile" phase takes over?
I'm really confused as to how Piti is supposed to work after that. That combined with the feeling like my nerves fried out

I function just normally now, but all that strong electric nerve feeling is gone. I don't experience same high's anymore.
I don't even want to experience them. The high-seeker was killed in the kundalini process. Equanimity remained.

One guy kept referring to Anicca, how things don't remain the same and that's been true and a mystery in this path. Little bit sad also, wouldn't it be fun to experience some of it all over again

And for what its worth, yesterday I felt Kundalini again. After meditation I was feeling calm and it's like something was circulating in my system at it's own pace between breaths. But I had to be in a relaxed flow-state to experience it.
Edited by - free4life on Feb 15 2020 4:15:56 PM

Christi
United Kingdom
3682 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2020 :  4:28:47 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Free4life,

A lot of the highs and lows of ecstasy are caused by inner purification happening. It is friction in the nadis. When the energy channels become wider and inner blockages are released, the friction becomes less, and so too do the energy rushes. Things become much calmer in the divine smile stage. But there can still be a very powerful ecstatic radiance taking place, just without the fireworks.

The feeling as if your nerves fried out is caused by too much prana flowing through channels that are not yet wide enough to handle that amount of prana. As the purification process continues, the energy channels in the body will widen, allowing strong flows of prana without any issues.

And yes, if you overdo things energetically, it can take a while to recover. But eventually you will. It sounds as if that is starting to happen already.

If you are following the AYP system, then it is best not to be concerned about kundalini. If you experience something happening during practice, that is fine. If not, that is fine too. Each practice has its own method and we simply stick to the method of the practice whatever else is going on. This means that our yoga is not about "chasing energy", or hanging onto any desired states or experiences. This is important because seeking highs is not yoga. It is just another form of desire, which ultimately does not lead to truth or freedom.

So even though ecstasy is a part of the path, we should not be chasing it or hanging onto it. Just let it be when it is there, and do not be concerned when it is not. Attachment to states of ecstatic-bliss, is actually one of the pitfalls on the path.

Christi

free4life
Finland
7 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2020 :  6:57:55 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thank you so much for the answers!

I have just one more question or inquiry. Do you know anything about past life spiritual work and how it influences this lifetime?
My process has been super smooth. I don't remember once shaking in kriya uncontrollably or having fiery energy blockage.
I also had none of the textbook descriptions of what should happen at certain milestones. Visions of snakes, third eye opening, thousand petaled lotus etc.
My kundalini activated on my first ever meditation when I was ~22. I also wonder how many chakra's I had active when I was born... Let's just say the physical world never appealed to me.

It's a tough question and a bit new age, so if you've got anything..!

Christi
United Kingdom
3682 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2020 :  05:09:12 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Free4life,

All I can say on past lives is that some people seem to be born vey spiritually "awake". It is hard to account for this unless there was spiritual work done in past lives. Of course, I cannot prove that though.

In terms of symptoms of spiritual awakening, they vary a great deal from person to person. They are often a result of friction in the subtle nervous system, as things are cleared out. But one person?s experiences can be very different from another?s. And of course, there are many things that may still happen, as you progress on the path.

The only thing that we can say for everyone, is that they will gradually experience more peace, and joy and love and freedom as they progress on the path.

Christi
mrityunjay_singh_1983
India
71 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2020 :  10:06:08 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Still I always get right skull pressure. It is like one insect which always present in my back of right skull and whenever I try to concentrate on my works, e.g. think about maths problem it moves towards third eye and create pressure throughout in my right skull. Light and sound increasees this pressure too.
I can't able to sleep in right side, chest up or stomach side positions. When I sleep in left side position and some time my attention goes to these symptoms then one insect moves from my right leg towards perinium and then it moves up through my joint of thigh then it gives jerk and then it goes away. It doesn't go above than thigh joints. I get less sleep too. I have already gone through liver function test, some more blood, urine and stool test, ecg, eeg, brain and cervical MRI. Every thing was normal.

Now a days I am getting black spots throughout on my scalp, this I am showing to dermatologist. But it is not getting cured. Any suggestions regarding this.

Dogboy
USA
1711 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2020 :  11:44:28 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
If you are satisfied that medically there is not a problem, perhaps observe symptoms and release like a samyama sutra, here and there when they are acute. Over time, it is my theory your symptoms will grab less of your attention, either they truly have dissolved, or become less of a burden by the act of releasing them into stillness.
Edited by - Dogboy on Feb 13 2020 11:46:20 AM
Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System / Vibrations at the Root
« Last post by AYPadmin on April 16, 2020, 11:25:13 AM »
Ankha
United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2020 :  06:55:43 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Hello

I?d love some guidance on how to safely contain and work with the constant root vibrations that I am experiencing. I have answered the standard questions below.

I am willing to follow the AYP system at the pace most suitable for myself. I see where I am as exciting and from reading around understand that the vibrations are a type of purification. I feel a process is underway that cannot be turned off which I accept. It?s just knowing how to respect and cultivate this loving motherly energy in a safe way. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ankha

1. What are your symptoms and how long have you had them? Are your symptoms primarily physical, psychological, or both?

My primary symptom now is that I have a constant vibrating/pulsing/shaking that moves between my root (almost uterus area) and lower back. It?s not offensive or excessively strong. Others can feel it too. Earlier this year I was feeling very minty and breezy on the third eye and all over my body, particularly the legs. Then it was all about the feet, it felt very blissful in that area. I also felt a big opening in my throat and third eye area this year too. Since December it started with pain in uterus and ovary which has built into the throbbing. Nothing major but I am sensitive.

Psychologically I find my moods are up and down and I am being pushed by my unconscious mind to work on my ?father wound? as well as other shadow aspects of myself. I am addressing fears and analytically challenging them in context of a bigger picture.

On a couple of occasions when I have been working with energy meditations, I have gone into a hyper active blissful fast paced state suddenly followed by a paranoid fearful state. I backed off the energy exercises.

2. Are your symptoms ongoing, or intermittent? If intermittent, when are they most likely to occur -- during what kind of activity and/or time of the day? Is your sleep affected?

I am constantly throbbing and shaking at the root but it varies in intensity. It tends to increase in intensity as I sit and relax in the evening and when I lie down to go to sleep. I have been having poor sleep due some disturbances but that?s another story! My energy is quite low and veering to more to the lethargic.

If I practise reiki the throbbing increases. I received my reiki masters invitation couple of months ago.

I have also had flashes of past lives and other visuals as well as encounters with not entirely pleasant non human entities. Encountered pleasant ones too. Trying to ignore all beings now as I realise they are distraction.

3. Do you consider your situation with kundalini to be the result of spiritual practices, or do you regard it to be spontaneous?

I believe that my kundalini was activated 5 years ago following a commitment to a spiritual path. The last 5 years have focused on self reflection, healing and gradual breaking down of old ways. I have also received energetic transmissions that may have contributed to the healing process thereby clearing the way for the energy.

4. What sort of spiritual practices have you been engaged in, if any? How long? How often? Are you aware that excessive spiritual practice can aggravate kundalini, often with a delayed reaction?

Not much now as I?m sensitive. I?ll do a mantra meditation here and there which will last for 20-30mins. I do work with energy and do meditations involving moving and clearing energy. I have done some yoga and pranayama in the past but nothing consistent. I am inconsistent in my practises but I do contemplate spiritual matters daily.

5. Do you consider yourself to be ?sensitive? to spiritual practices? If so, with what practices, and what sort of measures have you taken to accommodate your sensitivity?

Yes, I am sensitive. Last year I started AYP practices which initially went well. After a week or so I was having electrical charges running through my body, disturbed sleep and anger surfacing. The anger leaked into my day job persona which was not great! I was also having beautiful cool breezes on the forehead and all over cool bliss breezes on the body. I decided to stop all practices for about 6 months.

6. Do you think drugs have contributed to your kundalini situation?

I do not consider plant medicines drugs but I do think working with the plant medicine Ayahuasca catapulted the process. However it had started naturally 6 months before I worked with the plant. My first experience with Aya had me go into convulsions, spontaneous mudras of the hands and speaking in tongues etc. I had no idea that it was kundalini for about a year after. It was a very intense and scary experience but perhaps something I had to experience personally in order to break down my heavy ego defence mechanisms. Other sessions with this plant and others have helped my to work through deep rooted trauma. I think the plants have a place but are not required to awaken nor do I recommend them necessarily. Some personalities need a more direct and heavy approach because we had developed such strong ego defences as a result of deep rooted trauma.

7. Have you experienced traumatic events in your life that may have a bearing on your current symptoms?

I have experienced trauma in early childhood. I do not believe this trauma is impacting on my symptoms though I am being encouraged to work with the impact of this trauma at a deeper level. I feel this is a good thing.

8. Is your sexual lifestyle affecting your symptoms? Are you aware that obsessively limiting sexual release can increase kundalini energy and symptoms?

I don?t have an active sex life nor have for the last 5 years. I do release and I?m not prudish and would like to work with sexual energy more.

9. What is your general diet? Are you aware that a lighter diet can stimulate kundalini?

My diet is pretty poor at the moment. Lazy vegetarian. Eating things that are not really compatible with my system such as cheese and bread. I?m overweight and could do with eating less. I know how to eat well but become lax in this area.

10. Do you engage in moderate exercise regularly, like walking, yard work, etc? Are you aware that regular exercise can help stabilize ("ground") kundalini symptoms?

No I?m pretty inactive although I would like to move towards a daily walking and asana practice.

11. Are you a highly devotional person? Are you aware that excessive devotional activity, satsang or spiritual study can aggravate an active kundalini?

I do think about spiritual matters lots. I find most other topics uninteresting. I have longed for yoga since I was a young child and have been trying to find my way back home ever since.

12. Are you engaged in ordinary daily activities like a job, school, family, parenting, social activity, service to others? Are you aware that such activities, undertaken without spiritual intention or expectations, can help ground excessive kundalini energies?

Yes I have a day job. I do socialise but it does tend to be with spiritual oriented people. I would like to do more service and community work which I will look into.

13. Have you been examined and treated by a medical doctor or mental health professional for your symptoms in the past? If so, what was the result?

No as I don?t feel it unmanageable at present.

14. Are there other factors and/or measures you are taking in relation to your situation that are not covered above?

No.

15. Optional: What is your approximate age (teen, 20s, 30s, 40s, etc.)? What is your gender? We ask because the manifestation of kundalini symptoms can be affected by these factors.

I?ve just turned 40.

BlueRaincoat
United Kingdom
1550 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2020 :  5:04:10 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hello Ankha
Welcome to the AYP forum.

Yes, you are sensitive to practices. Mantra meditation is probably too strong for you. I recommend reading Lesson 367 and, after you've done some grounding, try meditation on the breath for 10 minutes once a day.

I think the priority should be grounding for now. It's not a great season for long walks, but the winter has been mild so far. If it keeps like this, a nice long walk every day could be quite pleasant.
Also you will need to try to rein in your bhakti a little. I know it's not easy and that you might feel emotionally bereft, but intense bhakti is fueling the energy. Since you have read the lessons, you might remember that we need to keep a balance between the inner silence and energy. Leading with the silence, that is prioritising meditation, will give you a smoother journey. So I would consider reducing the time you spend on various spiritual pursuits other than meditation.
My two cents. I hope you find a routine that is sustainable. Good luck! Let us know how you get on.

Ankha
United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2020 :  12:46:36 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thank you BlueRaincoat. #9829;#65039;

I?ve started grounding today with a walk in nature and 15 mins. bare foot on the grass

I must admit I was chasing the blissed our feelings etc, but they are just another attachment and distraction. Backing off from spiritual stuff will be hard but okay as I plenty of cleaning to do! Going to catch up on some comedies too.

It?s frustrating not being able meditate for longer or with mantras as it helps with monkey mind. I must stay in body though as It?s too easy for me to float off.

I?ll let you know how I get on and thanks again for the advise and support #128515;#128591;#127995;#128150;
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10