Author Topic: Need to shout, loud groaning and sighing  (Read 121 times)

AYPadmin

Need to shout, loud groaning and sighing
« on: July 30, 2019, 09:32:47 AM »
joseph
117 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2015 :  6:28:49 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
..feel the need to make all this noise during pranayama, to release energy. There's a lot of pressure in the chest area, infact, the whole body, and I could just shout and let it all out but each time I tense up because I worry about what my flatmates and family will think!

I'm experiencing flashes of brilliant light inside the head when I shut my eyes and draw awareness backwards, within. I believe it's a result of keeping this stress energy in. Pranayama frees it up, but it isn't going out with the breath when it could. It builds up.

I can't easily self pace with this because this particular pranayama (not SBP) which I'm doing regularly and at times almost continuously, during activity, is helping ward off very painful bloating. I'm frequently on the edge of getting the pain but doing pranayama it clears for 5-10 minutes then I'll have to do it again! This doesn't happen every day, but on pain free days I still do a lot of pranayama because it's spontaneous now, I can hardly stop it actually. What are your thoughts on this, perhaps you had something similar? Thanks!
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2015 :  7:51:42 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joseph

..feel the need to make all this noise during pranayama, to release energy. There's a lot of pressure in the chest area, infact, the whole body, and I could just shout and let it all out but each time I tense up because I worry about what my flatmates and family will think!

I shout in the car, usually on the highway, where no one will be bothered. That can be quite liberating. Also, in a remote place in nature is perfect for letting out what Walt Whitman called a barbaric yawp.

"I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable,
I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world."

I also sing and play guitar a lot. Without that outlet, I would probably be miserable.

Follow your bliss, Joseph, and the proper conduit will reveal itself to you!
Go to Top of Page
joseph
117 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2015 :  07:56:59 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Love the quote, Bodhi Tree. Yes I will have to find a remote place in the woods and make some sounds, hehe. Maybe later tonight! I guess it's not that strange to be honest; throughout much of our history we would have sang and danced around the campfire at night with the rest of the tribe, and of course would have been better for it! How much has changed..
Go to Top of Page
sunyata
USA
1395 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2015 :  10:14:47 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Joseph,

I get that way as well. I sing in the car. If I'm the house I'll close the bathroom door and sing. I even get this urge to dance sometimes.
It' very tribal. I never dance that way until the energy comes up. The energy builds up and the only way it wants to be released is through singing and dancing. I think it's part of purification.
Go to Top of Page
joseph
117 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2015 :  2:30:47 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hey Sunyata. I agree, purification would happen more smoothly if we would sing and dance more and move that energy about
Go to Top of Page
MrCuddly
USA
43 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2015 :  4:27:37 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
At the ISHA Sham/Mahamudra initiation, there were several hundred people in the room all doing SB together. At one point it sounded like a Tourettes convention with people shrieking, screaming out strange things, flailing arms, etc. Weird experience especially en masse - but apparentely not uncommon.
Go to Top of Page
MrCuddly
USA
43 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2015 :  4:40:31 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Also they had a period of dancing that everyone was pressured to do, and as enthusiastically as possible. It didn't occur to me that it was a way to purge all that crazy Kriya energy.
Go to Top of Page
alecpeace
USA
95 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2015 :  1:02:23 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by MrCuddly

At the ISHA Sham/Mahamudra initiation, there were several hundred people in the room all doing SB together. At one point it sounded like a Tourettes convention with people shrieking, screaming out strange things, flailing arms, etc. Weird experience especially en masse - but apparentely not uncommon.

Wow. I've experienced nothing even close to that during my SBP. Good thing, I guess.
Go to Top of Page
joseph
117 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2016 :  3:29:45 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Probably a good thing, Alec :)

This is definitely the biggest challenge for me at the moment. every time it happens there a contraction which covers the entire body. It is strongest in the chest area.

I think of the lesson where Yogani mentions a sage (forget who) who would roar like a tiger whenever he left his house. I think that would be a really balancing thing, but I know I'm not going to do that :)

Because of this my breath patterns have changed. And quite dramatically. Every time I need to do a big exhale and don't I feel like the only way I can continue breathing is to take in breaths, and I often do a minute or two of deep in breaths before I can manage a small out breath. This can continue for some time.

It can get quite uncomfortable and I feel like my breathing is messed up, but in spite of this I can manage fairly well in my daily activities. Need to regulate some of it but not too much. I'm remaining active :)