Author Topic: Visualizing with Sambhavi  (Read 127 times)

AYPadmin

Visualizing with Sambhavi
« on: July 30, 2019, 09:25:14 AM »
Dennis
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2015 :  10:15:56 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
I just started adding sambhavi to my SBP. Before that I would, as Yogani suggests, do a moment of sambhavi when my breath was at the top and my visualization was located at my ajna. So when my eyes were looking upwards, the visual location was on the ajna. I was physically and mentally looking at my ajna.

When I starting adding sambhavi, I was looking at my ajna and still visualizing the silver tube going up and down my spine but I was splitting my attention.

I tried doing sambhavi and basically locking the muscles and visualizing my normal up and down the spine. It seemed to work better but it felt like I was looking upwards with my eyes but mentally not looking at the ajna but looking at my spine.I hope this makes sense.

So physically my brow is gently squeezed and eyes looking between the brow but mentally I'm visualizing the silver tube going up and down my spine. My eyes are looking upwards but looking at the spine (except when I reach the ajna at end of breath).

Is this ok?
yogani
USA
5152 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2015 :  11:15:44 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit yogani's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Dennis:

Sounds like you are on the right track. See this AYP Plus lesson for confirmation and some pointers on coordinating sambhavi and spinal breathing pranayama: http://www.aypsite.com/plus/131.html

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page
Dennis
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2015 :  8:04:39 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thank you, Yogani. Now that I seem to have gotten it, I shall continue on my journey.
Go to Top of Page
Apkallu
France
108 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2015 :  08:24:55 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Arghh...
Lucky you
I cannot visualize anything and I am not even feeling the pressure as intensely than I was at the beginning.