Author Topic: Can too much Khechari become dangerous?  (Read 126 times)

AYPadmin

Can too much Khechari become dangerous?
« on: July 30, 2019, 09:24:00 AM »
psysaucer
India
44 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2015 :  07:34:36 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
I was just curious if there may be any adverse effects by holding khechari mudra for a long time or if it is even advisable.

These days it just seems comfortable for me to put my tongue up the nasal pharynx pretty much all the time except when I have to talk. It's almost as if im addicted to it...is it safe?
roboto212
USA
56 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2015 :  10:23:06 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
If it starts to seem like too much energy flow, and becomes uncomfortable, then you know to take a break :).

For me I know im overdoing it if the energy starts to feel too edgy or pushy, turns from ecstatic to sort of racey,electric. But ill find myself just holding kechari for a while...enjoying it immensely.
Go to Top of Page
khechari
Ukraine
13 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  05:52:28 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Too much khechari gives me a headache. The bad thing is I know that I've overdone it when it's too late. Otherwise the mudra feels good and tasty.
Go to Top of Page
Dogboy
USA
1589 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  08:40:49 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Although I'm capable of Ketchari 2, I back off a lot into the natural Ketchari 1, especially in daily life. It provides a lot of the spark without the intensity, turning down the volume, if you will.
Go to Top of Page
So-Hi
USA
481 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2015 :  11:57:36 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I rarely if ever form Kechari Mudra up above = stage 3 / 4 outside of practices.

As of late have been getting what feels like neck strain which leads to headaches, starts from roughly the middle of back heart center going up.

It also feels like stagnating prana. If I put my head to my chest the neck will actually pop at times.

Well today felt like curling my tongue back to Kechari level 1 below not above. the prana flowed and then the tongue went into Full Kechari up above and the flow was strong and blissful.

There was an energy flow as usual connecting the lower centers starting with heart to brow then went from brow to Manipura.

What felt like strain was also relieved immediately = no headache. Kept the mudra as long as it preferred to be in place.

My answer to the initial question is that if it forms on it's own then it is always alright.