Author Topic: Sign to start Kechari Mudra ?  (Read 117 times)

AYPadmin

Sign to start Kechari Mudra ?
« on: July 26, 2019, 03:04:22 PM »
Apkallu
France
108 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2015 :  10:26:46 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Hi,

I often feel delicious discharges in the palate and/or tongue while medidating while other discharges in the body are just discharges.

No automatic yoga even though sometimes my tongue stuck to the palate weeks ago but with no reversal. But not anymore: only short pleasurable discharges now.

Is it a sign to start kechari mudra ?
My practice is SPB; DM; Core Samyama since 2 months.

Thanks

The guru is in me... but still need some more advanced people to help
BlueRaincoat
United Kingdom
1491 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2015 :  10:35:14 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
How long have you been practising meditation Apkallu?
Go to Top of Page
Apkallu
France
108 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2015 :  11:30:16 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Blue,

4 months only
Go to Top of Page
BlueRaincoat
United Kingdom
1491 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2015 :  12:14:36 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
You are no doubt making a lot of progress with SPB, DM and Samyama twice a day. Maybe more than you're realising.
It's nice to get some experiences too, to remind you good things are happening. However, I don't think the sensations you're describing are a call for starting Ketchari.

My advice would be to continue with the practices you've already started. I think you've take on quite a lot already. It takes some time (could be a lot more than 4 months) to really appreciate how powerful they are.

Practice safely and enjoy!
Go to Top of Page
SeySorciere
Seychelles
1152 Posts

Posted - May 04 2015 :  03:03:47 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Dear Apkallu,

Blue is right. 4 months and already SBP, DM and Samyama. Yogani recommends months between adding on practices (well SBP can be added on within weeks) and in the case of advance ones - years. Less is more.
I always feel beginners miss out on the true value and wisdom of adding practices at the right time (months and years, not weeks) but that's just me.

Sey

Go to Top of Page
Apkallu
France
108 Posts

Posted - May 04 2015 :  11:26:33 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thanks to both of you.
I will then not practice kechari for a while.

Indeed, I knew you would say that I am doing too much from you perspective
But as I am feeling nice even though a little bit dizzy on some occasions, I just go on.

Only 2 or 3 times have I felt nauseous while practicing and I thus just stopped the practice but the next sessions are always alright.

I added Samyama because DM was not doing so much inside after 2 months even though I know experiences are not necesseraly indicators of progress. And it worked so much I kept doing Samyama.

When the energy is too high (through the backbone/head), I just skip some mudras or asanas or sticks to only a 5 minutes Samyama session.

But the trend is to keep those practices till the end of the year to balance the whole thing.

Recently, the prana has reached my lungs/heart/neck and arms so the progression is really quick to me.
Go to Top of Page
Apkallu
France
108 Posts

Posted - May 07 2015 :  07:31:38 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Last evening, while I was getting some rest after the practices, I was almost sleepy but got confused when a humming noise got out of my throat ?!

I continued to rest and it came again a little bit later.
This was no snoring at all

Any idea what it is ?
This was no inner sound like "Aum" even though it might feel the same in terms of tone.

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page
Charliedog
1554 Posts

Posted - May 07 2015 :  10:28:34 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Apkallu

Last evening, while I was getting some rest after the practices, I was almost sleepy but got confused when a humming noise got out of my throat ?!

I continued to rest and it came again a little bit later.
This was no snoring at all

Any idea what it is ?
This was no inner sound like "Aum" even though it might feel the same in terms of tone.

Thank you.

Hi Apkallu,
It could be that you are deeper relaxed after practice. Relaxing the throat can give a humming sound.
All the best with your practice
Go to Top of Page
jusmail
India
466 Posts

Posted - May 08 2015 :  9:42:53 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Like the pur of a kitten