Author Topic: TMI: The Gateway To The Human Mind  (Read 122 times)

AYPadmin

TMI: The Gateway To The Human Mind
« on: April 26, 2019, 09:49:20 AM »
SeySorciere
Seychelles
1139 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2016 :  10:26:10 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
TMI has just released a free e-book entitled The Gateway To The Human Mind. As usual it is fascinating. I had hoped to post a link to the book but no can do but if interested you can find it on their website at www.monroeinstitute.com

However, here is an extract:

Monroe developed a series of signposts, which he called ?Focus Levels,? to describe certain distinctive levels of awareness through which our consciousness shifts when expanding beyond the physical body. It is important to realize these Focus Levels are merely signposts identifying the state of consciousness one is in.

Focus 1 - Full, Physical Waking Consciousness
Also known as C-1, or the level of awareness in which most of us experience our normal, waking lives?the everyday ordinary reality of the physical world in which we live. This is the level of consciousness one learns to move beyond during the Gateway Voyage and other TMI programs.

Focus 3 - Increased Mental Coherency and Balance
This level is one?s first exposure to the concept and technology of Hemi-Sync, where the participant reaches a states of relaxation and increased awareness.

Focus 10 - Mind Awake/Body Asleep
This is the level at which the physical body is asleep but the mind is awake and alert. Consciousness is fully retained without dependence upon signals from the physical body. Conceptual tools are developed that the participant may use to reduce anxiety and tension, for healing, for remote sensing, and for establishing resonance with other individuals. In Focus 10, much like the dream state, we learn to think in images rather than in words.

Focus 12 - Expanded Awareness
This is a state where conscious awareness is expanded beyond the limits of the physical body. Focus 12 has many different facets, including exploring nonphysical realities, decision making, problem solving, and enhanced creative expression

Focus 15 - No Time
The state of No Time is a level of consciousness that opens avenues of the mind offering vast opportunities for self-exploration beyond the constraints of time and place.

Focus 21 - Other Energy Systems
This level offers the opportunity to explore other realities and energy systems beyond what we call time-space-physical-matter.

Focus 23 - ?New Goners?
The locale containing human inhabitants who are no longer physically alive and have become ?stuck? for one reason or another. Often they are confused about or unaware, of their deaths. Many attempt to maintain contact with the physical world around familiar people or places.

Focus 24, 25, 26 - ?Belief System Territories?
These areas contain afterlife expressions of spiritual traditions in human history. Inhabitants of a specific territory are with others who share their beliefs. Freewill choices here are restricted to only those compatible with the prevailing belief systems

Focus 27 - ?The Park?
An afterlife area created by noncorporeal humans. Included are centers of activity providing for the needs of human beings in their continuing development in the afterlife, such as education, life review, healing and regeneration, planning, and many others.

Focus 34, 35 - ?The Gathering?
As described by Monroe in his book, Far Journeys, The Gathering is a state that allows communication with intelligences gathered to observe happenings on Earth. In addition, this state facilitates the gathering of aspects of the total ?I-There.?

Focus 42
A state of consciousness facilitating awareness of the larger I-There Cluster, and recognition/reclaiming of
further aspects of Self, expanded memory, and integration of the multidimensional Self.

Focus 49
This state, described by Monroe as an ?Infinite Sea of Bonded I-There Clusters,? provides access to higher order guidance, ?The Cluster Council.?

One can clearly see the parallel with states of consciousness we attain with AYP. But also other states which we do not explore or talk about. Anyone care to comment?

Sey
Edited by - SeySorciere on Mar 31 2016 11:05:29 AM
lalow33
USA
929 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2016 :  9:30:48 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Yes,
I enjoyed his first book, which was more of reporting experiences. When there starts to be a philosophy, and the author starts telling you all about how it is( without detailed instructions on how to get there yourself), I find it's just another box or belief system.
Go to Top of Page
sunyata
USA
1386 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  12:25:25 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Sey,

Thanks for sharing. You may enjoy Davidya's blog. He has refined perception. Talks about Devatas. It's interesting and love how he inserts the word "laughs".

http://davidya.ca/blog/

Here is his interview. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M36--suYFhw

Sunyata

Go to Top of Page
SeySorciere
Seychelles
1139 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2016 :  03:18:58 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Dear Lalow,
That is not quite true. TMI has numerous programs to help you realize these states, making use of hemi-sync sounds. They are just not stand-alone means like AYP. You have to go to their centre in Virginia to participate in these but you can buy hemi-sync audio online. I learned to astral travel using hemi-sync audio. Of course, having already loosened identification with the physical body with AYP techniques helped a lot.

Thanks Sunyata - I will check him out.

Sey
Go to Top of Page
lalow33
USA
929 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2016 :  5:28:40 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I appreciate your response. I don't see how astral travel is a means for me personally to " get there". Cool if astral travel is your or anyone else's path.

I don't really know. I find myself on the ceiling when I'm falling asleep.
Go to Top of Page
SeySorciere
Seychelles
1139 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2016 :  02:35:07 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Dear Lalow - if by "get there", you are talking of enlightenment in the Yogic sense, then no, TMI does not promise you that. In the article above, Monroe has defined several states of consciousness that a person can reach using their means (specific sound waves) and methodology. I was drawing attention to those states in the Consciousness continuum because, of course, with AYP we can, not only reach those states, we aim to eventually live specific ones 24/7, like No time /Present moment. Yoga mainly sticks to the Physical, the Etheric, the Astral and the Causal world. Monroe has divided the astral world even further, Focus areas like the Belief Systems. And we do have prominent Yogic Masters like SriYukteswar talk of doing work with Souls in higher realms to help them to Liberation. So Monroe is not completely off, there must be realms for further progression /evolution of Souls.

In AYP, We only discuss Liberation or none, the latter then ends in recycle  i.e. rebirth in the physical realm. But that is not the only option, is it? There is progression into higher realms - apparently.

Sey
Go to Top of Page
So-Hi
USA
481 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2016 :  08:30:58 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
And we do have prominent Yogic Masters like SriYukteswar talk of doing work with Souls in higher realms to help them to Liberation.

Not so fast. This business with the character Sri Yukteswar comes from the book Autobiography of a Yogi, in which it was written by someone else that he communicated these things to Yogananda after he had died. Ick, not exactly quote worthy material Sey

There is debate that he was a prominent or even a masterful yogi for that matter. The things that have made him prominent and acclaimed as a masterful yogi all come from books and Kriya Organizations with either something to gain, or promoting a specific belief system, often the books are printed by the organizations.

So this is a character out of a book no one alive has even shared a meal with, the book is an inspirational book for certain beyond that I would hesitate to quote it as a source of truth one way or the other.

In fact I find more verifiable quote worthy material in the S.O.W. book and it is plainly described as a work of fiction.

So my point is this: Using Sri Yukteswar as a basis is not so great and based on this Monroe may be completely off or not, let the work of Monroe stand on it own merit or not.

Edited by - So-Hi on Apr 12 2016 09:09:06 AM
Go to Top of Page
SeySorciere
Seychelles
1139 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2016 :  03:20:52 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Isn't the fact that it is quoted and talked about by Yoganda quote worthy and reliable enough? Would Yoganda make up such stories? I think not.

Sey
Go to Top of Page
So-Hi
USA
481 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2016 :  08:18:32 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
No it is not.

I have never met Yogananda and neither have most people alive today.

The fact of the matter is really simple and straightforward neither you nor I have spent time around Yogananda lived with him day in and day out so there is no way to really know what his character was like.

Was he a truthful person? I do not know.

Was he a nice person? I do not know.

Was he kind? I do not know.

Did he really write autobiography of a Yogi? I was not there so I do not know.

Have other people made changes to the book? I do not know.

Was Yogananda overwhelmed by the pressures imposed upon him by the organization he founded? I do not know but I suspect this happened.

Did Yogananda allow others to take creative license or even hire professional writers as has been alleged to spice up the book? I do not know but I suspect this happened.

Did Yogananda wind up controlled by the people who initially followed him as the organization took on a life as it's own? I do not know but I suspect this happened.

What I do know is this there is not enough evidence that can be substantiated one way or another to take that which is written in that book as truth.

What I do know is Yogananda was and still is a charismatic personality that attracted lots of people and still does via books, audio recordings of speeches & mail order religious lessons with some yoga practices sprinkled throughout that is distributed by the organization he founded.

I know that SRF is a Church and religion for many and as such is a matter of free choice & freedom of religion which is protected in my country, so I respect others beliefs. That however does not make a belief into a fact.

What I do know is Yogananda with the help of others has developed a formula that others find appealing to follow and the fact that they have been around for 100 years now, give or take a year or two here or there is pretty much proof it is a successful formula for maintaining the church of SRF.

So no it is pretty far from being enough.

If we delve into he realm of belief then facts do not matter and one is free to believe what they want so there is no discussion possible under those conditions.

quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Isn't the fact that it is quoted and talked about by Yoganda quote worthy and reliable enough? Would Yoganda make up such stories? I think not.

Sey
Go to Top of Page
Wolfgang
Germany
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2016 :  3:41:43 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Several years ago I read "Autobiography of a Yogi". At that time I was inspired by it, I read many other spiritual books and I was searching the truth. I am still searching for truth, now not as fanatically as I used to.
We can learn from many teachers, but we should not cling to a teacher.
As soon as we put a teacher on a pedestal, things go wrong.
As soon as we say that this teacher or that teacher is the better than the other and we start to defend the teacher (or the teaching) we are going in the direction of fighting. Isn't this what we see in todays world ?
So, what are going to do? Everybody is in a different situation, and we have to accept that fact and respect each other. Everybody is learning different aspects of truth.
So, the adice I would give is: take the points that are inspiring to you, use it to come closer to the Divine, move away if it agitates you.
Go to Top of Page
SeySorciere
Seychelles
1139 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2016 :  01:50:34 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I am totally confused. I post something in the hope that people will talk about possible states of consciousness, instead I get all sorts of derailed comments and observations, not related to states of consciousness.

- Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get!

Sey

Go to Top of Page
So-Hi
USA
481 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2016 :  08:27:23 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Apologies for derailing your intended focus and directions for this post that was not the intent.

As I said before let the work stand on it's own merit.

With that bowing out of this thread.

Please resume the normally scheduled programming. This is WKTV/SO-HI Signing off.

quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

I am totally confused. I post something in the hope that people will talk about possible states of consciousness, instead I get all sorts of derailed comments and observations, not related to states of consciousness.

- Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get!

Sey