Author Topic: Under the hood....  (Read 119 times)

AYPadmin

Under the hood....
« on: April 26, 2019, 09:46:43 AM »
Charliedog
1528 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2016 :  2:49:56 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
At this moment I am in the middle of a beautiful training from a teacher Shyamji Bhatagnar from Indian Origin, he does not like it when we call him Indian teacher because he left India went to the USA when he was in his twenties, he is not an traditional Indian. He is a Yogi since his 12th year and has much experience.

He is an expert in Chakra's, Naada yoga and Svar (Swar) Yoga, parenthood and life in all his meanings.
I met him 3 years ago, and Guru within recognized in him someone I could learn from, I became a student of his work and this year this means a whole week training, I am deeply Grateful for the opportunity. 

One of the most beautiful experiences is when he chants his therapeutic mantras. For me this means Samadhi experiences. Or I am receptive but then not alone in this. He for sure is a very wise Yogi and scientist.

He is already 80 years old, still teaches in Europe, Columbia, India and the USA.
Like Yogani he has his own teachings, in line with the old tantric traditions in which I did my TT and more.

I do not post this to discuss him, I will not do that, just would like to inform them who are interested in chakra's, Naada Yoga (Yoga of Sound) or Svar (Swar) Yoga, Science of breath.

If you are interested, this is his website http://www.chakrainstitute.com USA

And he has also an interesting book written together with David Isaacs, PH.D.

"Microchakras Innertuning for Psychological Well-being".

For them who wish to see under the hood.
Edited by - Charliedog on Mar 01 2016 3:24:19 PM
kumar ul islam
United Kingdom
661 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2016 :  3:18:54 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply

Go to Top of Page
dv2014
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2016 :  1:44:50 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thank you, Charliedog for the info. Although I keep reminding myself about Yogani's point of view about chakras, I am always interested in knowing more about them.
Go to Top of Page
sunyata
USA
1386 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2016 :  1:50:25 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply

Go to Top of Page
Charliedog
1528 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2016 :  2:08:53 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Thank you, Charliedog for the info. Although I keep reminding myself about Yogani's point of view about chakras, I am always interested in knowing more about them.

Yogani is right dv2014, there is no need, but sometimes, ( like me) there is a call.
Go to Top of Page
Ecdyonurus
Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2016 :  2:38:13 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Charliedog, nice to read your post!

May I ask you how the practices you learn from your teacher blend with the AYP practices?
Go to Top of Page
Charliedog
1528 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  01:45:58 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Ecdyonurus,

Good question  It is all in line, it all comes from the same root. AYP are tools in combination. The yoga path are tools, it is up to us to find out how this body works, how we can purifiy it. I am a follower of all eight limbs.

Svar is not a doing it is observation, observe the breath, this becomes a habit, all day.

Naada is chanting with use of the pure prana, so this is at the same time pranayama. Sound and silence.The old Vedic mantra's used in the proper way have my heart for many years, since my first teacher. They work for this body.

It is the being with the very wise teacher this week what amplifies the tools.

Some years ago I felt that I could listen to the Guru inside, he tells me which tools to use, and listen to that is all I do. He sends me to the teachers, he also sends me to Yogani I have faith in that.

So basically I do one AYP practice a day which includes SBP DM with the mantra, mudra, bandha Samyama and Solar. And I work with chanting, asana etc.

Most important tool in my opinion is to observe, witness all day long. Get to know yourself.

Go to Top of Page
Ecdyonurus
Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  02:37:35 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thanks - wish you a wonderful day (or night). 
Go to Top of Page
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  10:57:48 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
InnerTuning for Well-Being! Nice.

Do you enjoy singing in kirtans, Charlie-D?
Go to Top of Page
Charliedog
1528 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  01:26:19 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I enjoy all singing Bodhi, it opens up and makes happy  Have to admit that chanting a devotional mantra on my own for a yoga class took time, it felt freeing when I finally was brave enough.
Go to Top of Page
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  11:07:27 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Excellent. I definitely want to incorporate music into the AYP sanctuary I'm going to start in Tampa. Glad to hear you're using it too.
Go to Top of Page
sunyata
USA
1386 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  11:55:38 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Excellent. I definitely want to incorporate music into the AYP sanctuary I'm going to start in Tampa. Glad to hear you're using it too.

Awesome!!! Let us know when the sanctuary opens. I would love to visit just for few hours.
Go to Top of Page
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  12:23:40 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I definitely will. First, massage therapy license, then AYP certification in France, then the possibilities will become clearer in 2017.
Go to Top of Page
sunyata
USA
1386 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  1:48:17 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Sounds good. Good Luck!
Go to Top of Page
Charliedog
1528 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  2:47:23 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply

Go to Top of Page
Dogboy
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  3:48:30 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
  why not throw my love around too!
Edited by - Dogboy on Mar 04 2016 3:49:18 PM
Go to Top of Page
Charliedog
1528 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2016 :  02:29:40 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

why not throw my love around too!

Exactly Dogboy, why not 
Go to Top of Page
Charliedog
1528 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2016 :  07:54:50 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Sitting at the feet of YourSelf,

I express my deepest reverence to Brahma, creator of the present Universes in which countless forces are helping mankind to survive on this fragile planet and do our duties (Dharma)

My deepest gratitude to the Sun that nourishes all life on our planet, and I acknowledge the protective nature of the Jupiter(Guru) who protects our Earth. I thank Venus, ruler of the heart chakra mind, for it teaches us to love unconditionally, and for its relationship with the Sun. I thank Mars, the ruler of the first chakra mind, that inspires me to feel grounded and accomplish my mission. I thank the great Saturn, ruler of the 6th chakra mind that shows me the duality of light and darkness. My acknowledgement to the countless other forces that help humanity to sustain harmony in this universe.

The great Goddess, the cause of all. I bow to your great power that fills the planet with pure prana, the life giving energy that energizes my senses. Every dawn my mind is focused on my True Divine Nature, as I feel the sun rising in my solar plexus.
May the universal forces pave my path through all the subtle planes of existence (lokas) when I leave this mortal body behind and merge into the source of all pervading universal Consciousness that I truly Am.

The Vedic Sandhya: meaning of the mantras from the tantras

The opportunity to be for the third time six days with the 80 years old spiritual teacher, listen to his wisdom and his sacred voice as he was chanting was a blessing. I am deeply grateful for this.
This teacher has elegance, grace, wisdom and humor. He radiates. With admirable ease he was sitting on the floor for six days in half lotus, did his talks and we chanted with him, or listen to him.

To use the mantras this sacred way (Naada Yoga), the experience is healing, and purifying.

However the teacher is from India,
I am inclined in Indian philosphy,
my Ishta is Shiva
the mantras are Vedic.

This body was these days filled with mystical visions of Jesus Christ.
Amen
Edited by - Charliedog on Mar 05 2016 08:35:15 AM