Author Topic: Being Around Jivanmukti's  (Read 1334 times)

Frank-in-SanDiego

Being Around Jivanmukti's
« on: August 12, 2005, 09:19:18 AM »
Hari Om
~~~~~
Hello ,
just wondered if any one has had the opportunity of the company of a jivanmukti ( enlightened while living being)?

A very enjoyable experience... You can tell there is a difference with these brahmanvit's ( knowers of Brahman) ...its written in the Upanishads that to know Brahman is to be Brahman. What a wonderful goal to have... as one advances though their development e.g. Turiya or 4th state of consciousness when stable is Cosmic Consciousness, then God Consciousness, then Unity Consciousness, then Brahman Consciousness.

The reason many are attracted to the Upanishads, the Ramayana, Vasistha's Yoga, etc. are because these books are written by Brahmarshi's. Some written like the Mahabrahata and some cognized (the Ved).

Its like being close to the Mukti's via their writings. In Vasistha's Yoga ( the conversation of Vasistha with Sri Ram) he talks about Pure consciousness becoming the universe i.e. " when the infinite vibrates, the worlds appear to emerge".

He also says to Rama " there are 4 gatekeepers at the entrance of to the realm of Moksha (Liberation or enlightenment) that is, self-control, spirit of enquiry, contentment, and good company ( Satsang)"
" He who wears the armor of self control is not harmed by sorrows."  Enquiry, the study of the sruti and smurti he says " the intelligence becomes keen and is able to realize the Supreme"; With Contentment - "one does not crave" and one that is not content in the SELF will be subjected to sorrow. Satsang or the company of the wise and enlightened "enlarges ones intelligence" and "is superior to all other forms of religious practice like charity, austerity, pilgrimage, rites, etc".   He concludes by saying " if you cannot practice all 4 , practice one."

So , the AYP group somewhat facilitates informal satsang but must be a different expereince with multiple enlightened beings face to face;
Your daily practice meets the self control practice ( with Yama and Niyama );  Enquiry is part of this group and I am sure many are avid readers of the great writings, contentment is a personal thing, but one, over time,  begins to lose those cravings for the relative world ( I have noticed).

Regards and pranams,
Om Shanti shanti shanti

Frank in SD

sauravu

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 11:00:59 AM »
Can I suggest www.atributetoHinduism.com as one of the websites where you can find tonnes of material concerning the vastness and immense impact the sanatan age old practices have on the human civilization/s.

riptiz

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 07:35:29 AM »
Yes, my satguru is a fully enlightened siddha guru.He is the yogi samrat and the first to be crowned as such since the Buddha. http://dhyanyogi.omdasji.googlepages.com/home for details
L&L
dave

'the mind can see further than the eyes'

david_obsidian

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 12:38:42 AM »
More power to your guru Dave,  but I am just wondering if the historical Buddha really did allow himself to be crowned?  It doesn't fit in at all with my image of the Buddha.  But there are people reading who would have far better knowledge of Buddhism than I do.  Perhaps someone can confirm/disaffirm this one for me?  I'm very curious.

Thanks,

-David

quote:
Originally posted by riptiz

Yes, my satguru is a fully enlightened siddha guru.He is the yogi samrat and the first to be crowned as such since the Buddha. http://dhyanyogi.omdasji.googlepages.com/home for details
L&L
dave

'the mind can see further than the eyes'

« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 12:40:57 AM by david_obsidian »

nandhi

• http://www.nandhi.com
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 11:16:44 AM »
aum

a wonderful topic! thank you frank, dave, saurav and david for sharing!

at first is the sense of liberation with the joy beyond the mind as  waves of the divine presence breaks through the bonds of our past. then is pathway through joy unfolded as the daily yogic plunge that enables the center of calm to be held every breath, setting us on a daily journey. now in its momentum of transformation is the rapid cleansing of karmic remnants to feel like the laundry of the divine laundry man.
identity now ceases as breath, mantra and the joy is in being one with the senior.
this oneness is the mukthi that as divine human flows as grace.

beyond this knowing, as the 'enlightened', is the crown of humility as surrender (as dave rightly means) to the vast absolute. a journey sometimes in the midst of humanity as the torch or lifting humanity while journeying in solitude through the lamp to be One.

aum

with folded hands!aum