Author Topic: Kechari Nothin'  (Read 1941 times)

Jim and His Karma

Kechari Nothin'
« on: November 29, 2005, 02:58:02 AM »
I get nothing from tongue on roof of mouth between teeth. I get nothing from tongue on soft palate. I get nothing as I take it juuuust past the uvula.  I don't doubt I'd get something if I ram it up my septum, but I'd be more enticed to do so if I felt a shred of anything from the earlier stages.

My energy runs pretty good and free and slippery, not a lot of blocks. And I can feel and move energy quite clearly/easily (lots of asana, lots of microcosmic orbit in my background).

So why is there no joy for me in this? Any thoughts from our resident frenumologists?

yogani

• AYP Plus
Kechari Nothin'
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 03:49:08 AM »
Hi Jim:

This is essentially the same question asked in the kechari plastic tube topic, where the practitioner has gone to stage 2 and beyond without much ecstatic conductivity. I did my best to answer it there. http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=611

There is a close link between feeling the ecstatic conductivity connection in sambhavi and the connection in kechari. Also, in kechari, ground zero is about half way up the edge of the septum inside, which it seems the practitioner in the other topic is finding now after a couple of years of looking higher up. Once ecstatic conductivity gets going, it becomes much more obvious -- not subtle at all. [:p]

The guru is in you.

Jim and His Karma

Kechari Nothin'
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 05:45:23 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Once ecstatic conductivity gets going, it becomes much more obvious -- not subtle at all.

Thanks, Yogani.  Re: ecstatic conductivity. I feel a super strong connection from ajna to mulha. Pranayama is very very obvious and non-subtle, for example. And if I get much more ecstatic, I'm going to wind up like the Trix bunny. I feel like my energy is moving loose and free all around, and I thought I had ecstatic conductivity well engaged (if not, gosh, I'm crushed...I was going to include it on my resume, under "Miscellaneous").

But maybe I'm missing a link in the chain. In fact, if a channel is blocked in the head, that might explain my (slight) pitta overload as well as my kechari nothin'.

I've been holding back on adding more practices because of that pitta overload (and also just because progress has been going nicely as-is). But now I'm thinking I need to add chin pump. I'm glad that's grown clear. I'm not going to add siddhasana, though...I think the volume of total energy in the system is more than adequate for now. And I'll watch carefully for overload.

I'd be pleased if these errant issues tied together. The trick, I guess, is to carefully self-observe without getting overly self-involved. I wrote earlier about what it feels like to be too fast in self pacing (http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=147). But this thread might reflect what it feels like to be too lagging.

yogani

• AYP Plus
Kechari Nothin'
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 07:12:14 AM »
Hi Jim:

Chin pump will help expand and integrate energies in the head, as well as the connections between head and heart, and lower. Like kechari, it too may need some initial ecstatic conductivity to prime the pump, so to speak. You will know when you try it.

A pitta imbalance can be both effect and cause, so it is important to continue to address it with all available means, including those touched on in lesson #69 -- http://www.aypsite.com/plus/69.html -- and especially judicious self-pacing of practices. Obviously, we do not want that one spinning out of control.

We will know if we are too much or not enough in practices by testing when we feel ready, and backing off if we find we are not.

Like I told "Near" recently on pursuing yama and niyama, we don't want to wait and we don't want to force too much. Somewhere in-between those too is our ideal path. With inner silence coming up and stabilization of that with whatever ecstatic energy we have circulating, the bar keeps getting raised on what we can do. So it is a dynamic process going step-by-step toward the infinite light! [8D]

The guru is in you.