Author Topic: Ujjayi  (Read 905 times)

Locrian

Ujjayi
« on: October 12, 2005, 09:41:14 AM »
I have been looking everywhere for the purpose of Ujjayi, but all I seem to come across are methods and procedures. Could someone tell me why I am doing this? Thanks [:p]

lucidinterval1

Ujjayi
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 10:16:11 AM »
Hello Locrian (love that name as it is one of the more unusual modes of the major scale!),

According to Yogani's AYP book, Ujjayi (partially holding the epiglottis while exhaling in pranayama) creates additional pressure in the lungs and pranic pressure throughout the nervous system. It also creates a fine vibration deep in the throat that assists in purifying and opening the neurobiology in the chest throat and head.

With Peace and Respect,
Paul

Locrian

Ujjayi
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 03:58:32 PM »
haha, thanks. Impressed you knew what locrian was (yes, I'm easily impressed) lol.

Thanks. I need to order that book! I googled all over and all I kept finding was descriptions.
I appreciate the answer. Knowing what the purpose of something is helps me achieve it.

lucidinterval1

Ujjayi
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 11:18:16 PM »
The AYP book is a Godsend. It is very handy to have laying out for reference or inspiration. It also has some info in it that you cannot find online. It is destined for spiritual "classic" if we can get the word out!
Paul