Author Topic: thoughts on entering Kechari Stage 2  (Read 955 times)

david_obsidian

thoughts on entering Kechari Stage 2
« on: August 28, 2005, 01:14:28 PM »
It's been around a month now since I entered Kechari stage 2.  I thought it was time to give some feedback,  but I wanted to wait until it had some time to settle.

Well,  let me go back to when I got in.  Thanks to Yogani for making this possible,  and Victor for helping me through some anatomical difficulties I had.  It's a great example of 'Horizontal transmission' working very well.

So I entered and straight away found that it was an interesting and magical place.

By the way,  on a light note,  I was expecting to experience considerable sexual stimulation.  In fact,  I experienced quite a lot of it as I approached the entrance to the secret chamber (although that did settle down as I got used to that place,  as it generally does).  So,  I was expecting when I actually got in there, that it would be at first something like a Victorian Gentleman's trip to the Follies Berge.  But I got nothin' for my money!  Not a friggin' tickle or a tremor.  [:D]  I had used it all up on the way in the door.  But never mind.  The trip was not disappointing.....  [:)]

It was very clear to me from the beginning that I had reached something that was very good.

Not everyone's experience coming into Kechari will be the same of course.  One thing is that it does enhance the ability to get into samadhi, or deep silence.  I could actually feel this immediately,  within seconds.  When one gets into deep silence,  various 'karmas',  or impurities, can be stimulated and released.   Actually,  when one first gets into Samadhi,  one tends to get excited and make a big deal of it -- and this making of a big deal of it actually *is* the release of some impurities,  although we might not know it when it happens.  But over the years,  I have been blessed with Samadhi quite a bit,  and I think that at this point, a lot of those karmas are already blown away.  So the experience of enhanced Samadhi was actually a very quiet one in my case.  Something very good was happening,  but my mind-body was NOT making a big deal of it this time.

I started to notice straight away a pleasant feeling in my belly.  And I began to intuit something which was like some delightful substance emanating from my head near my forehead,  and it was like I was drinking this down my tongue. I suppose this is something like that 'divine nectar' that they talk about.

I intuited that the more I stayed in Kechari,  the more I would get of this nectar,  and the more it would do its work.  But I started getting tender pharynx quite a bit in the beginning,  and could not stay in for a long time.  I've talked a little about that in an earlier post.  As the days go on,  I can gradually stay in longer and longer (though it goes up and down,  the trend is gradually longer).  Right now I can stay in for maybe one and a half or two hours a day.

My tongue is actually long enough to reach stage three.  That is,  pretty much everywhere in my pharynx is accessible to my tongue.  I could probably even go into the nostril-openings,  but not yet.   I've brought my tongue up to the top of the edge of the septum and found the secret spot.  But that is too sensitive to touch right now.  In the beginning,  touching that was like getting a mild electric shock!   I'll wait until I settle in stage two and can stay there for a while.  Then the secret spot will become accessible in time.  I've found that the dwelling in the earlier stages make the later parts more accessible --- for example,  when I try it now, the secret spot is less like an electric shock than it was,  even though I am not making a practice of going near it.  Most people,  by the way, will not be able to reach Stage three from the start when the enter stage two, and they may never feel that electric-shock level of sensitivity.

Psychologically,  the effect has been so profound (and yet so quiet) that it is hard to explain.  In my case it's like a general 'brightening',  calming and enlivening of my mind-body.

And when I sit in Kechari and look at the experience,  I feel I have been here before.  I feel like my body remembers it,  like as if it has come home again.  But no,  I have not been in full Kechari in this life,  not literally.  Then why do I feel this way?  Well,  one way to look at it is as a past-life thing.  And I can't rule it out.  But there could be something else going on,  and I wanted to tell you my theories about it.

I'll blurt it straight out -- it may give some people a bit of a jolt,  but here it is --- I think I remember being in 'energetic Kechari' in utero.  And maybe also as a baby or very young child.  Now,  I say 'energetic Kechari' because I don't mean that my tongue was literally in Kechari position when I was in the fetal stage -- I mean rather that the energetic effects of Kechari (now) were happening then,  spontaneously.

Now,  I don't want to say that children are born enlightened -- I've spoken a little about that elsewhere on the forum,  and I think it is a romantic, idealistic, and unhelpful idea that we were born enlightened children and 'society' came along and knocked it out of us (it can also give us a victim mentality and discourage us from taking responsibility -- not the Yogic way).  The truth is more complex --- and scientific research has borne out the reality that very young children inherit innate 'negative' tendencies,  which they must learn to overcome.  But I think it is just an over-simplification of something more real and more truthful about children --- and that is that as children,   we often had access to enlightening,  healing and growing processes,  access which we have since lost and can benefit from gaining again.

I think that as children or infants,  some of us can go through stages of access to very 'high' states.  Maybe we all do,  and spend less or more time in them.   Something like this -- as we enter this world,  we begin to take a sort of tour of what the potentials of our body are.  Imagine someone entering a building and going up the stairs,  to 'higher' and 'higher' rooms.  So it may be for the spirit entering the body and feeling out its energies.  The upper rooms are divine,  but 'karmas' eventually pull the visitor down to later settle in the lower floors.  So in a similar way,   I think that some of us have a preview of such potentials of our body-minds while we are infants or in utero.  And indeed,  maybe we all see the same floors,  but maybe some of us spend more time in the 'upper floors' than others,  and get somewhat accustomed to it in a way,  and the memory of this may be part of what draws us to Yoga, or other paths of transformation.  We have seen the upper floors before,  and we want to get there again.  We know that we belong there.

Of course,  this idea of an early-life tour of potentials does not rule out past lives by any means.  In fact,  it can go right along with it -- the tour of the upper floors could be granted by access to,  and a dwelling in,  the upper floors in past lives.  The 'tour' is in itself like a memory or recollection of the energies of those past lives --- and so we have now a memory of a memory of the divine life ---  so we have a look into the past,  but is  also a preview of future divine life.

So,  I suppose what I am getting to is that many of us may have been in energetic Kechari as little ones,  and one way or another,  are insistent on getting back there.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 01:24:51 PM by david_obsidian »

lucidinterval1

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 06:07:26 AM »
David,
Thanks for sharing your kechari experiences. I haven't gotten to stage two yet. I'm really close but I had some increased energy surges as of late and decided to back off a little bit until things settled down. My energy levels have now returned to a more moderate state so I think that I'll be giving kechari a try again.

Your feedback is really pretty important. I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that you, Victor and Yogani are the only ones in this group that can successfully perform stage 2 kechari. With the very limited information yet available even on the internet, This type of feedback is useful today and over the years.
Paul

veritasophia

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 06:23:25 AM »
Thanks for sharing your experience with kechari, I'm not there yet but when the time is right it will happen.

Here's an incident I thought might interest you:  At the time I was living in a spiritual community, my friends and I were enjoying an outdoor dining area when a small commotion started around a baby carriage.  People were jesticulating and laughing, curiosity dragged us over there to see what was happening.  It turns out this baby was doing kechari [:)].  So maybe you're right!

david_obsidian

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 07:40:55 AM »
Glad you appreciate the write-up,  Paul.

Veritasophia,  infants literally doing kechari -- wow,  I had not expected that much!

I was theorizing that the nervous-system aspects of Kechari happen spontaneously,  without the tongue in place.....  but if some infants actually do it spontaneously,  that is interesting...

quote:
Originally posted by veritasophia

It turns out this baby was doing kechari [:)].  So maybe you're right!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 07:42:49 AM by david_obsidian »