Author Topic: Alt. forms of meditation with spinal breathing  (Read 941 times)

Greg

Alt. forms of meditation with spinal breathing
« on: July 18, 2005, 07:12:51 AM »
Is anyone doing spinal breathing with another style of meditation instead of the one taught in AYP (i.e. "I am"). If so what is your experience, any problems or is it going well?

Thanks

Greg

riptiz

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 09:37:42 AM »
Dear Greg,
Yes, I am doing different meditation than IAM. I am practicing Kundalini Maha Yoga which uses mantras which originate from the rishis and siddhas of long ago.Although these mantras are the same as commonly known in a lot of places in India, the difference is that they have the energy of the guru in them which makes their effect much more powerful.The spinal breathing is also different but these practices require guidance and protection from the guru.The effects may be too fast for some and cleansing is inevitable because of the fast results.I regularly find changes daily in my energies and experiences.The 'healing' abilities have increased considerably to the point that they are considerably more effective than any other type of 'healing' I have encountered.
L&L
dave

'the mind can see further than the eyes'

sauravu

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 03:22:41 AM »
Usage of Ajapa - Japa is maybe the way to forward with spinal breathing if not initiated by a guru. Since it is synchronized with the breath it is supposedly the way to be meditating the whole day building up for final meditation round.
It goes like this Breathe in , Kundalini rising up the spine , mental sounding of word so  
It goes like this Breathe out, Kundalini going down the spine , mental sounding of word ham.
goes like this so-ham , so-ham, so-ham and so on.

The word "so - ham" is the yogic way of saying "I am" .This is said by the body all over the day while respiring. The root word is "Aum" from which "so-ham" arises , called in sanskrit "Aham" in english  "I-am" or conscousness of self erupts.

Let me know if this works for you.