Author Topic: yoni mudra kumbhaka  (Read 147 times)

AYPadmin

yoni mudra kumbhaka
« on: July 30, 2019, 09:33:16 AM »
sol19
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2016 :  3:35:46 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
can anyone share some experience with this please? i have been feeling like there is a tiny cold stream is flowing in the top of my head (which is odd and pleasant) accompanied sometimes by intense left side head and neck pain. it comes and goes. i took the mudra out of my practice and have started noticing a much lighter version of this pain after nauli before starting with pranayama. any advice would be much appreciated.
Christi
United Kingdom
3545 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2016 :  4:30:58 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Sol19,

Welcome to the forums.

Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka is a powerful practice which will bring a lot of prana into the higher centres. It will especially work to activate the ajna chakra, but may also, through osmosis, have an effect on the crown chakra. The experience of the tiny cold stream in the top of your head is related to the activation of the crown chakra. More specifically it is a flow of prana through the Brahma nadi, which is a nadi that runs through the centre of the crown chakra.

If you are experiencing pain in your head and neck then that is a sign that you are moving ahead too fast, so you were right to self-pace by leaving out YMK for now. If you are getting pain from nauli then that could also be an indication to leave it out as well. The art with self-pacing is to find a level of practice that we can do without experiencing negative symptoms or pain.

Remember also to stay grounded, through engaging in grounding practices such as walking, every day.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
sol19
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2016 :  6:41:28 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thanks so much Christi for your response!
Go to Top of Page
Christi
United Kingdom
3545 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2016 :  04:18:33 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
 [/\]