Author Topic: Losing Body Awareness  (Read 173 times)

AYPadmin

Losing Body Awareness
« on: August 13, 2019, 11:10:58 AM »
lalow33
USA
948 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2018 :  12:14:17 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
I added SBP back in not too long ago. Background info, I'm mainly just a meditator. Crown sucked up and maybe merged with 3rd eye( 3rd eye blind- I only have feeling, not seeing). Crown pulls up then collapses over and over.

I hope the above makes sense. Anyway, 3-4 breathes, I lose distinction of my body and the bed. I have no awareness of any body, not even subtle body. It feels awesome. I have no ability to continue SBP. Half the time, I have a narrator, so I can move to meditation ' cause the narrator wants things done.

I looked up the big little nerve lesson. I don't feel like I'm actually in the spinal nerve. I used to feel like that.

I guess 3-4 breaths are fine? 'Cause that's what's happening.
Edited by - lalow33 on Mar 24 2018 12:15:19 PM
Christi
United Kingdom
3550 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2018 :  6:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Lalow,

If you are not experiencing any pain or discomfort during your practice or outside of practice, then you could stick to the 10 minutes of Spinal Breathing that is recommended.

If you lose awareness of the physical and subtle body, then you can remain in that state, until you regain awareness of the breath and the spinal nerve. Then when awareness comes back, you easily favour the spinal nerve with your attention moving between the root and the brow. Then you may find that again you lose awareness of the spinal nerve and so on. Or, you may find that you lose awareness of the spinal nerve for the full 10 minutes. Either way it is fine. This is quite common for advanced practitioners.

If your inner narrator has other ideas or demands, you can ignore that.   Inner impatient voices are not a determining facor, when it comes to practice times.

Generally, we would only reduce the time of a practice if we were self-pacing due to discomfort or pain. Or if we simply did not have the time that day, and needed a shorter practice.

Christi