Author Topic: Distracting crown tingling in SBP; add mudras?  (Read 178 times)

AYPadmin

Distracting crown tingling in SBP; add mudras?
« on: August 13, 2019, 11:09:13 AM »
Arunachala Bhakta
Finland
26 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2018 :  06:30:04 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic

When coming up, and more often when coming down from ajna, I get tingling at crown which is distracting my attention; pulls it to crown sensation. It is very blissful and pleasurable, but also distracting and worrying, because I don' t want to mess with the crown at this point.

I only started SBP one week ago and DM I have done regulary for couple months.
From previous on/off practise of asana, (gentle-) pranayama and breath meditation, + some "left hand" methods(herb, dance, etc., Not in use anymore/now) and very strong Bhakti and some practises on that, I've reached witness/some Inner Silence which has been here for 10 months now + constant(sometimes very strong) full body ecstacy. Also tingling of crown happens quite often, even when I was totally off from the practices for many months last year and used alcohol. This was something my ego had to go through. The rise of the witness and some other factors took me to my third Dark Night, which is still goin on but dosn't consern me a bit, I'm full of gratitude.

I still don't feel my spine very well in some parts, but my pelvic/perinium area and head region are very sensitive; I can pump up more E by intention of Mulabandha and perform Sambhavi by pulling the mid brain towards the brow. If I try to do Sambhavi in the beginners way explained in the lessons, lot of twitching of eys and forehead occures, so I believe that is not the way I should do it, but instead do the pulling of the brain, when I'll get to that point in practises..

Is that point right now? Should I add Sambhavi and Mulabandha at this point to direct more attention and prana to ajna?

Few years ago Shakti almost merged with Shiva, when I surrended whole heartly to outer Guru while getting ready to do Tadasana. There was expansion and "crashing of the wall"-feelings, this is explained in SwamiJ -site as "Piercing the Bindu". I panicked because in many ways I wasn't ready for that(I thought I was entering samadhi and I was not it right posture or condition for that), and came out from posture/surrender. It gave a lot of nice experiences for few days after that, but mainly it made me to give lot of respect to these forces, because it happened all in one ore two seconds, and happened so "easy". I wanted to share this, just to tell that She really want's to get up There

So, I'm sensitive. And I wan't to decide my next birh place(if any) my self. That is why I'm here and asking:

Sambhavi this evening? With Mulabandha? Also I'd like to add Samyama as soon as possible, because I want give out as much love as possible. Actually I usually give love out in beginign of rest period, so probably doing it already..

Routine now, 2 times a day:

18 min DM with I Am
5 min SBP
7-10 min rest
Nabho mudra(Kechari 0,5) used while DM and SBP, since it comes naturally almost through out the day, and practise without it takes effort.

Thank you all very much, you have guided me through many things already for some years.

Edited by - Arunachala Bhakta on Feb 21 2018 06:36:19 AM
Christi
United Kingdom
3550 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2018 :  08:57:26 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Arunachala,

If the sensations at the crown are not causing discomfort, then they are not a cause for concern. If, during Spinal Breathing, you find yourself being distracted by them, then simply easily favour the process of tracing the spinal nerve with your attention.

You may well find that sambhavi mudra will help in bringing prana forward towards ajna, and so reduce the distraction of the crown. Sambhavi can be used with or without the pineal gland connection.

Mulabandha may not be as effective in terms of reducing the sensations at the crown, because it "pushes" prana upwards from the root, without giving it any specific direction from there, other than "upwards". However, combined with sambhavi, it could help, as sambhavi will give the direction to the prana.

In terms of adding practices on, the general guidance is to allow at least a few weeks to let one practice settle in, before adding the next. This serves two functions- the first being to give yourself some time to get through the "clunky phase" that often accompanies a new practice. It also means that if you reach a situation where you are experiencing energetic overload due to taking on too many practices, too quickly, you will know which order to step back in, removing the most recently added practice first and so on. If too many new practices are added at once, it can become more difficult to isolate the specific effects of each practice and more difficult to self-pace if necessary.

You do not need to be concerned about accidentally dying during meditation. It simply does not happen. The cases that you hear about where monks and yogis die in samadhi, are cases of very high level practitioners, who are consciously choosing that, as a way to depart from this life. It does not happen to people accidentally.

One last point- generally it is recommended to practice Spinal Breathing before Deep Meditation. This is because Spinal Breathing prepares the subtle neurobiology for meditation practice.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
Arunachala Bhakta
Finland
26 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2018 :  11:24:06 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply

Thank you for fast reply, Christi.

Ok, this was good news, I'm happy to keep it as simpple as possible, at least for now. 
There is no discomfort now, only constant distraction (almost every cycle, sometimes both ways, up and down). Since I'm still building up my practice, that is adding few more minutes to both DM and SBP, I'll try to keep on goin without mudras, but if it comes too hard to focus, I will add Sambhavi only. Even though I feel I could easily manage the extra push from Mulabandha too. It seems that I'm more sensitive to meditation than to energy, 3 months ago I was sure that I can't go with mantra more than 5 minutes, because 20 min of breath meditation was too much and I had to self-pace a lot. Adding more rest and building up slowly from 10 minutes solved this, luckily. AYAM kicks but!! (and more)

"You do not need to be concerned about accidentally dying during meditation"
 I'm not, not at all. Only I'm trying to avoid coming Avadhuta  via premature crown opening. And that also is only to save my family from the shame, since in my country these cases are seen as grazy only..
When I was "accidentally" falling in to (Not Maha-) samadhi, I was "DUI", and didn't want to proceed like that...

I wrote down my practice in wrong order, core one first.. sorry for extra confusion, I do start with SBP, not DM.

Edited by - Arunachala Bhakta on Feb 21 2018 11:30:39 AM
Go to Top of Page
Christi
United Kingdom
3550 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2018 :  3:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Arunachala,

My apologies. I got the impression from you saying that you wanted to be able to choose your next birth, that you were concerned that you could die during meditation. Good to hear that that is not a concern of yours.

When someone becomes Avadhuta, they are nearly always free to act as they like. So they can still follow the norms of society if they wish to, or not. They are basically free. Someone may choose to still follow the norms of society out of compassion for example, if they thought that it could frighten people if they act strangely. Love and compassion are still there in that stage and in fact are stronger than ever.

The "drunk with ecstasy to the point of not being able to control one's actions" stage, only lasts for a while. Once it passes, it is nearly always possible to choose to act normally if you need to, or wish to.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
Arunachala Bhakta
Finland
26 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2018 :  5:22:42 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply

I'm not so good on writing things down, especially in english..

I tried to say, that I've started to follow the lessons because I believe this is The Best possible way to grant liberation from The Cycle of births. That is, if I won't make a boddhisatva-type of a wow at some point, in which case I would still need to walk the hole path till the"end" on this round, to come back in a desired way...
I do wish to see the hole planet to wake up, and after I discovered that we are very well taken care of here by [Name of the Ishta here]/Self/Universe, my bhakti has been very high, and knowing that this bhakti (and more yoga) will follow me to next Life; it is not a bad option either! All yogis are already winning the game.

The story of Buddha meeting first ascetic yogi, and then meeting Bhakta...(Bhakta was veeeery happy to come Back, ascetic not so much)

But let's see about getting into some samadhis first, before liberating the hole excistence.
Or better yet, I'll first get my meditations rolling..
15 years on the path(as I know it), and almost ready to sit down for 30 min.. Well done! Fast track!

Go to Top of Page
Christi
United Kingdom
3550 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2018 :  02:49:48 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
  [:D]
 [/\]

Go to Top of Page
Blanche
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2018 :  06:58:38 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
   [:D] [/\]